Join Date: Jun 2005
Bikes: Bomber Pro, Shorter, Iro MVP, Some old british steel thing
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
a whole bunch of stem questions
my current main bike came with a stem fit only for the track, some crazy drop like 45 degrees. It looked great though and was surprisingly comfortable, in part I think cause I have a long torso and arms. Rode it on the street for over a year, with almost no problems. But it's just a bit to easy to endo with it and I finally decided to relax this thing up a bit. Stem #2 sounded like it'd do the trick, slightly longer and a six degree drop. It sucks, though, shoulders somehow are killing me, and the back isn't loving it either, not what I expected from relaxing the geometry.
So a bunch of stem and stem fit questions:
- how do you figure out the fit? Is there something inbetween guess work and paying for a fitting?
- do they make threadless "classic 7" stems? for some reason I can't find 26.0 threadless with around a 15 degree drop.
- are threadless to threaded adaptors worth it?
- adjustable angle stems, any good?
- some threadless stems are clearly marked for being used with either end up, some are not. How likely is it that you can actually flip those ones "one sided" ones. What are the potential ramifications of it?