Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 100
  1. #1
    Senior Member brunning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    New York City
    My Bikes
    1999 Serotta Csi Custom, ~1984 Pinarello track bike
    Posts
    1,519
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    see those new trackstar stickers?


  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    182
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brunning
    DUMB.

  3. #3
    Senior Member brunning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    New York City
    My Bikes
    1999 Serotta Csi Custom, ~1984 Pinarello track bike
    Posts
    1,519
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    pretty much.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    182
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    in fact, I just removed "that place" from my bookmarks. Over-priced hipster opportunists suck.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    182
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wangster
    You're a f**king idiot... Don't talk ***** about thing you don't know, it just makes you a ******bag.
    I KNOW THAT STICKER IS AS WACK AS A CARNIVAL GAME. And they're overpriced.

  6. #6
    King Among Runaways hyperRevue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    MKE
    My Bikes
    2004 Bianchi Pista, Cannondale Track, Soma Pake, Schwinn Breeze
    Posts
    4,215
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've always liked Trackstar.
    But that sticker is ****ing lame.
    "I owe everyone an apology" - hyperrevue

  7. #7
    MADE IN TAIWAN wangster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    SF
    My Bikes
    Tarmac, Humble, Makino, Schwinn
    Posts
    2,437
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I deleted my post cuz I felt I was being a ****** too, but now I regret it.

    Why must everyone take things so seriously. I like trackstar, I'm friends with those guys and yes, somethings are more expensive, but thats not because they are trying to rip people off, its because of other factors, and if you knew these guys at all you wouldn't be saying anything bad about them. Anyways, this argument's been beaten to death already so I'll stop.
    "Oh, I see. Running away, eh? You yellow bastard. Come back here and take what's coming to you. I'll bite your legs off."

  8. #8
    i believe in me evanyc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    2,712
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i told michele about this sticker the other day and she thought it was silly and non-offensive. she has a vagina.

    also: maybe if trackstar quit sponsoring alleycats they could charge less! what a buncha vaginas!

    note, that was sarcastic

    the shop is in the east village in manhattan. space here is expensive homies!

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    182
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wangster
    I deleted my post cuz I felt I was being a ****** too, but now I regret it.

    Why must everyone take things so seriously. I like trackstar, I'm friends with those guys and yes, somethings are more expensive, but thats not because they are trying to rip people off, its because of other factors, and if you knew these guys at all you wouldn't be saying anything bad about them. Anyways, this argument's been beaten to death already so I'll stop.
    Originally, if you read my post, I said the sticker is stupid and that they are WAY overpriced. If you pay their asking price then I can't knock the hustle. . . . .BUT they are overpriced and a sucker is born everyday.

  10. #10
    King Among Runaways hyperRevue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    MKE
    My Bikes
    2004 Bianchi Pista, Cannondale Track, Soma Pake, Schwinn Breeze
    Posts
    4,215
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speaking of overpriced, wangster.
    Any idea how much those wool jerseys are going for?
    "I owe everyone an apology" - hyperrevue

  11. #11
    außer mir RedMenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    323
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this seems to be the running gag with "us"... whoever the **** "we" are... stuff that we think should clearly be offensive is laughed at and shrugged off, and then something cheeky like this is thoroughly shat upon by the masses of taste police?! how do we keep missing the mark when we try, but hitting bullseye with our eyes closed?

    christ. don't be a vagina, okay?

  12. #12
    King Among Runaways hyperRevue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    MKE
    My Bikes
    2004 Bianchi Pista, Cannondale Track, Soma Pake, Schwinn Breeze
    Posts
    4,215
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the record, I don't think it's lame because it's "offensive."
    I just don't think it's funny.
    "I owe everyone an apology" - hyperrevue

  13. #13
    s_9
    s_9 is offline
    PINK THUNDER s_9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    BROOKLYN!
    My Bikes
    IRO (track), Aegis (road), Trek (Mtn)
    Posts
    999
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this is gonna turn into another "people who live in NYC and are friends with ____" vs. everyone else's valid opinions thread.


    No comment.

  14. #14
    Not Badass, it's Tim. BadAssBiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NYC
    My Bikes
    NJS Peloton, 2002 fuji track, 2002 fuji league (MIA), 2005 bianchi pista, Chopper from NoName Customs.
    Posts
    685
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    people need to lighten the **** up.

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    182
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uber-hip key chain for 20 bucks!!!!!



    Who buys this stuff?!?!?!

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    182
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMenace
    this seems to be the running gag with "us"... whoever the **** "we" are... stuff that we think should clearly be offensive is laughed at and shrugged off, and then something cheeky like this is thoroughly shat upon by the masses of taste police?! how do we keep missing the mark when we try, but hitting bullseye with our eyes closed?

    christ. don't be a vagina, okay?
    The sticker is by no means offensive. . .it looks as though yoyu would read it on the wall of a junior high bathroom.

  17. #17
    i believe in me evanyc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    2,712
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoxBoston
    uber-hip key chain for 20 bucks!!!!!



    Who buys this stuff?!?!?!
    **** tons of people. this weekend in brooklyn was the renegade crafts fair and it was 100 booths full of hand made stuff similar to this. it was busy as hell.

  18. #18
    Senior Member brunning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    New York City
    My Bikes
    1999 Serotta Csi Custom, ~1984 Pinarello track bike
    Posts
    1,519
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoxBoston
    uber-hip key chain for 20 bucks!!!!!



    Who buys this stuff?!?!?!

    eh. what do you want? free stuff?

    anyway, i didn't mean to start (another) bike shop attitude thread, i think it's a nice little shop, just throwing these stickers out there for comment.

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Austin TX
    Posts
    455
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't get it.

    Don't be a vagina? Is this a play on how the anatomical male counterpart, dick, is used as slang?
    Not funny.

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    182
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by evanyc
    **** tons of people. this weekend in brooklyn was the renegade crafts fair and it was 100 booths full of hand made stuff similar to this. it was busy as hell.
    fair enough. . .I just think the sticker is lame, to each his/her own I suppose. . . . . . .

  21. #21
    Dismount Run Remount etc. 12XU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Some Latitude and Some Longitude
    My Bikes
    A couple customs and some beaters.
    Posts
    2,236
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For a bunch of hipster ****, that sure is a poorly designed sticker. *******.

  22. #22
    außer mir RedMenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    323
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoxBoston
    The sticker is by no means offensive. . .it looks as though yoyu would read it on the wall of a junior high bathroom.
    maybe so, but this is the kind of **** that makes us giggle... and what reason do we have not to? we're all twentysomething, healthy, living in NYC, acting like juvenile two-wheeled terrorists every single day, hanging out, ripping **** up, and having the most fun ever...

    and then there are people who feel the need to start threads calling cheeky **** like this "dumb"... well, yeah... maybe it is. so ****ing what? leave the grown-up bit to someone else. we won't be this pretty forever.

  23. #23
    Not Badass, it's Tim. BadAssBiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NYC
    My Bikes
    NJS Peloton, 2002 fuji track, 2002 fuji league (MIA), 2005 bianchi pista, Chopper from NoName Customs.
    Posts
    685
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 12XU
    For a bunch of hipster ****, that sure is a poorly designed sticker. *******.
    best response yet...beat that.

  24. #24
    "not enough rage" Old Breadbutt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Oakland
    My Bikes
    Old ****ed up Cannondale roadie, peice o **** Gitane as a beater, and I use my Nishiki for bike camping
    Posts
    273
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    here's a 3rd grade comeback.

  25. #25
    Senior Member mattface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Montpeculiar, VT
    My Bikes
    Soma Rush, Fuji Cross, Raleigh Technium Mtn Bike, Ross 10 speed with Shimano 600.
    Posts
    3,951
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMenace
    maybe so, but this is the kind of **** that makes us giggle... and what reason do we have not to? we're all twentysomething, healthy, living in NYC, acting like juvenile two-wheeled terrorists every single day, hanging out, ripping **** up, and having the most fun ever...

    and then there are people who feel the need to start threads calling cheeky **** like this "dumb"... well, yeah... maybe it is. so ****ing what? leave the grown-up bit to someone else. we won't be this pretty forever.
    If that kinda behavior doesn't get you ridiculed I don't know what will...

    p.s. I'd rather be a pussie than an ass.
    Last edited by mattface; 06-18-06 at 10:36 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •