Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26

Thread: Fixie project

  1. #1
    Devourer of souls Dead Roman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Texas
    My Bikes
    Felt f70
    Posts
    1,464
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Fixie project

    Im thinking about fixing one of these frames fom chucks bikes. It would be pretty different but I think kinda neat what do you guys think?

    The road of life is winding, but the pavement is smooth

  2. #2
    J.A.M Jamtastic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Monterey, CA
    My Bikes
    Pista
    Posts
    1,230
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just get the tsunami track frame.... better idea.

  3. #3
    RIP Shiznaz. DoshKel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    World
    My Bikes
    1983 Bianchi Eco Pista
    Posts
    2,603
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Verticle drop-outs.

  4. #4
    Devourer of souls Dead Roman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Texas
    My Bikes
    Felt f70
    Posts
    1,464
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DoshKel
    Verticle drop-outs.

    Eno hub.


    And I like this frame alot more than the tsunmi track frames. Just a little bit cooler with tall the aero tubing.
    The road of life is winding, but the pavement is smooth

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    190
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get on it.

  6. #6
    RIP Shiznaz. DoshKel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    World
    My Bikes
    1983 Bianchi Eco Pista
    Posts
    2,603
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Roman
    Eno hub.


    And I like this frame alot more than the tsunmi track frames. Just a little bit cooler with tall the aero tubing.
    Yea I know, but thats so expensive.

    But if it gets you going, then do it. And put up pictures when you are done.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Porn capital of the world
    My Bikes
    Schwinn Le Tour and Specialized Rockhopper comp
    Posts
    183
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what is the mfg's website? i saw the tsunami track frame in the picture thread i think, but couldn't find the mfg website. anyone know.
    nice frame by the way.

  8. #8
    Senior Member ka12na's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    My Bikes
    Fuji Track 06, Fuji Delrey conversion
    Posts
    549
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do it man. Those curves-- curved* tubes make me hard..

  9. #9
    Devourer of souls Dead Roman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Texas
    My Bikes
    Felt f70
    Posts
    1,464
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by big boy phil
    what is the mfg's website? i saw the tsunami track frame in the picture thread i think, but couldn't find the mfg website. anyone know.
    nice frame by the way.




    www.chucksbikes.com
    The road of life is winding, but the pavement is smooth

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    190
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dunno but apparently there are two Tsunami's - chucks tsunamis and some custom builder.

  11. #11
    lives in a giant shoe curlybro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    st paul, mn
    Posts
    252
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should just buy one of these instead.

    http://bianchiusa.com/07_d2_crono_frameset.html

  12. #12
    RIP Shiznaz. DoshKel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    World
    My Bikes
    1983 Bianchi Eco Pista
    Posts
    2,603
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone that buys that bike is my hero.

  13. #13
    lives in a giant shoe curlybro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    st paul, mn
    Posts
    252
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone who has $2600 to drop on a frame should send some to me.

  14. #14
    Mad Scientist chzman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Seven Hills, WI
    My Bikes
    Dean TI fixie... Viner ProComp... NEXT pink sparkely!
    Posts
    1,156
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...or go get yourself one of those Look 496 track frames for just over $5,000

    http://www.cyclesuperstore.ie/shop/p...&idproduct=791
    Liberi ed uguali

  15. #15
    Devourer of souls Dead Roman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Texas
    My Bikes
    Felt f70
    Posts
    1,464
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chzman
    ...or go get yourself one of those Look 496 track frames for just over $5,000

    http://www.cyclesuperstore.ie/shop/p...&idproduct=791

    well I dont even know why im considering the time traveler when lok already makes a sweet pursuit bike.
    The road of life is winding, but the pavement is smooth

  16. #16
    Senior Member sers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Salem, MA
    My Bikes
    Land Shark, Level Professional, Tsunami singlespeed, Giant Reign 1
    Posts
    2,190
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think it's a bad idea. first, this tsunami was not handbuilt in america by tsunami cycles. it's mass produced in china. i also think that it's going to be uncomfortable as hell to ride with that geometry and cheap oversized aluminum tubing, not to mention that you'll be riding with your back pretty much parallell to the ground unless you hack off most of that seatpost shroud.

    maybe i'm stating the obvious, but a pista concept frame is like $55 more.

  17. #17
    Devourer of souls Dead Roman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Texas
    My Bikes
    Felt f70
    Posts
    1,464
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sers
    i think it's a bad idea. first, this tsunami was not handbuilt in america by tsunami cycles. it's mass produced in china. i also think that it's going to be uncomfortable as hell to ride with that geometry and cheap oversized aluminum tubing, not to mention that you'll be riding with your back pretty much parallell to the ground unless you hack off most of that seatpost shroud.

    maybe i'm stating the obvious, but a pista concept frame is like $55 more.

    I have no illusions about where the bike was built. Everyone has a pisa concept, not everyone is rockin these.
    The road of life is winding, but the pavement is smooth

  18. #18
    TRUED 'TIL DEATH DerekRI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    791
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Roman
    I have no illusions about where the bike was built. Everyone has a pisa concept, not everyone is rockin these.
    ... and maybe for good reason?

  19. #19
    Senior Member sers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Salem, MA
    My Bikes
    Land Shark, Level Professional, Tsunami singlespeed, Giant Reign 1
    Posts
    2,190
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well, there are lots of manufacturers that have aluminum track frames that most people don't have, like van tuyl, koga, csk, kuips, javelin, etc. you'll have to do a little digging to find us dealers for some of them...

  20. #20
    yo yo yo yo yo
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    delaware
    Posts
    2,518
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    get it and find out why everyone is telling you no

  21. #21
    RIP Shiznaz. DoshKel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    World
    My Bikes
    1983 Bianchi Eco Pista
    Posts
    2,603
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just because people ride the Concept doesn't mean it is "uncool". I mean, just paint it and make it your own. I get "sweet bike" comments from people on custom-made-super-areo-track bikes at the Velodrome.

    And if you plan to ride that on the street, holy **** that is going to be one back breaking ride.

    But then again, if you totally think it is awesome... why listen to anyone here? Props to you if you have it built up when everyone tells you it is going to ****ing suck. As long as you enjoy the hell out of it.

  22. #22
    redonkulous Rikardi151's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    West Philly
    My Bikes
    2001 GT GTB
    Posts
    837
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DoshKel
    And if you plan to ride that on the street, holy **** that is going to be one back breaking ride.
    The top part of that seat tube is meant to be cut to whatever height you would normally set the seat at, then you put in a REALLY short seat post and have only the clap part stick out. SO, it neednt be a back-breaking ride depending on how you cut the seat tube/what height you set the bars at. You could set the seat super low and take advantage of the super long steerer tube and turn it into a plush upright 3-speed cruiser maybe?
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkWW
    I used to think I bought too many bike parts for the money I had. Now I think I don't have enough money for the bike parts I want.

  23. #23
    RIP Shiznaz. DoshKel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    World
    My Bikes
    1983 Bianchi Eco Pista
    Posts
    2,603
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikardi151
    The top part of that seat tube is meant to be cut to whatever height you would normally set the seat at, then you put in a REALLY short seat post and have only the clap part stick out. SO, it neednt be a back-breaking ride depending on how you cut the seat tube/what height you set the bars at. You could set the seat super low and take advantage of the super long steerer tube and turn it into a plush upright 3-speed cruiser maybe?
    Wait... your supposed to cut it? What the....

    Man. Weird. I guess because they are trying to be areo as possible?

    And if Dead Roman makes this a 3-speed cruiser, everything I have said in this thread is void. I would die happy as well.

  24. #24
    Senior Member sers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Salem, MA
    My Bikes
    Land Shark, Level Professional, Tsunami singlespeed, Giant Reign 1
    Posts
    2,190
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i wonder how much that thing weighs...

  25. #25
    jack of one or two trades Aeroplane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Suburbia, CT
    My Bikes
    Old-ass gearie hardtail MTB, fix-converted Centurion LeMans commuter, SS hardtail monster MTB
    Posts
    5,635
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    72.5 deg head tube, 76 deg seat tube
    Those are some wacky angles man. But the name "Time Traveler" may be worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Irwin Goldstein
    Men should never ride bicycles. Riding should be banned and outlawed. It is
    the most irrational form of exercise I could ever bring to discussion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •