Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Toeclip.com

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Toeclip.com

    anyone order with them...how long does it take to get your stuff after you ordered?

  2. #2
    Fixed Fight Alumni sinkFLsink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Largo/St.Pete, FL
    Posts
    608
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would not use them. I ordered stuff that said was in stock on-line (when in fact it was not) and they never told me this. They just let my order sit there. A week and a half later I call to see what's up and the guy said "Oh yeah we're waiting on that stuff to come in" then got pissed at me because I found it odd that I wasn't told of this sooner. Needless to say I canceled the order, which also made this guy clearly more pissed. Terrible cs and obviously not an up to date inventory with what's online.

    Perhaps just a 1 in a million bad expierence with the shop, but you asked. Good luck.
    Stay Up... Stay Gold... Stay For A While...

    FLFixed HorroH

  3. #3
    JuNKie! bike junkie! sniks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,559
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yea i had a few bad experiences with them and they are hella more expensive.his shop is empty very few things in stock.
    he just orders from EAI when you order from him so it takes forever if he evens place the order right.
    then talks out his a$$ to make excuses why he didn't get it when he said he would.
    sorry to slam him on this forum but since you brought it up.
    I have wanted to vent about this for awhile.

  4. #4
    crown heights sucka
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    brooklyn!
    My Bikes
    pake
    Posts
    352
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I already said it and it's off-topic but your bike is so ****ing hot, it's unfair.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    108
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've ordered a couple pointless things from them like gloves, toestraps and other ****e. Took about 4 days from order to delivery- no problems. But i wasn't ordering -parts-. For parts I would probably use someone else.

  6. #6
    Geek Extraordinaire sivat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    My Bikes
    Bianchi Advantage Fixed Conversion; Specialized Stumpjumper FS Hardtail
    Posts
    1,769
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently, the vintage stuff from EAI is next to impossible to get now and the employees there are mostly drooling troglodytes. So it may not entirely be the fault of toeclip.com. They should still be better about telling their customers that it may take a while though.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

    Sintesi Conversion Serotta Track

  7. #7
    Senior Member 1fluffhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    baltimore
    My Bikes
    Pake Track; Bianchi XL EV2 El Reparto Corse, Kona Jake the Snake
    Posts
    1,663
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinkFLsink
    I would not use them. I ordered stuff that said was in stock on-line (when in fact it was not) and they never told me this. They just let my order sit there. A week and a half later I call to see what's up and the guy said "Oh yeah we're waiting on that stuff to come in" then got pissed at me because I found it odd that I wasn't told of this sooner. Needless to say I canceled the order, which also made this guy clearly more pissed. Terrible cs and obviously not an up to date inventory with what's online.

    Perhaps just a 1 in a million bad expierence with the shop, but you asked. Good luck.
    Pretty damn close to the exact experience that I had with them. I will not be back.

  8. #8
    bike parking is free
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    denver
    My Bikes
    a road bike, a cross bike, and a track bike
    Posts
    258
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i've been into their shop and tried ordering things as well: nice enough guys, but i'd shop online elsewhere for better deals/service

  9. #9
    eibwen
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    231
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Toeclip.com has a brick and mortar store front which is actually one of my LBS. I've bought a few hundred dollars worth of stuff from them in the past (always at the the shop), but I haven't always had stellar experiences. I've had to cancel a couple of orders on items which I was told they'd be able to get by "next monday" when they they were unable to deliever on their promises.

    They're nice guys though, and knowledgeable about bikes and parts, and they seem to do a fair amount to support local riders, they're not out to rip you off, exactly. They are in a super expensive part of town though, and overhead being a *****, their prices are pretty high (to my mind) on certain things, but others are well priced.

    In short, if I need something special ordered, I'll go elsewhere after the experiences I've had. If they have something in stock, in the store, which I need / want / looks interesting, I'm happy to pick it up (even if it's at a slightly higher price than, say, John form businesscycles.com).

  10. #10
    JuNKie! bike junkie! sniks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,559
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky-Charms
    In short, if I need something special ordered, I'll go elsewhere after the experiences I've had. If they have something in stock, in the store, which I need / want / looks interesting, I'm happy to pick it up (even if it's at a slightly higher price than, say, John form businesscycles.com).
    thats kinda how I felt, until they order the wrong thing I asked for, then reorder the wrong thing again, said it would be in in a few days but would be happy to just send it to me when it came in (I prepaid for it),(50 mile drive to the shop) so I called 2 weeks later to see if it came in they said yes do you want us to ship it to you? then charged me for shipping. and still took 5 days to get the package.
    3 week plus total.
    so F*** them!.
    .
    .

  11. #11
    Dismount Run Remount etc. 12XU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Some Latitude and Some Longitude
    My Bikes
    A couple customs and some beaters.
    Posts
    2,236
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sniks
    thats kinda how I felt, until they order the wrong thing I asked for, then reorder the wrong thing again, said it would be in in a few days but would be happy to just send it to me when it came in (I prepaid for it),(50 mile drive to the shop) so I called 2 weeks later to see if it came in they said yes do you want us to ship it to you? then charged me for shipping. and still took 5 days to get the package.
    3 week plus total.
    so F*** them!.
    .
    .
    Damn, eating shipping costs is about the most gracious thing a LBS can do in a situation like that; sounds like they deserve some of this bad press..

  12. #12
    Member hamilton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    philadelphia
    My Bikes
    steamroller, late 80's cannondale
    Posts
    26
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinkFLsink View Post
    I would not use them. I ordered stuff that said was in stock on-line (when in fact it was not) and they never told me this. They just let my order sit there. A week and a half later I call to see what's up and the guy said "Oh yeah we're waiting on that stuff to come in" then got pissed at me because I found it odd that I wasn't told of this sooner. Needless to say I canceled the order, which also made this guy clearly more pissed. Terrible cs and obviously not an up to date inventory with what's online.

    Perhaps just a 1 in a million bad expierence with the shop, but you asked. Good luck.
    i know this is an old thread, but i just ordered something from them and had almost this same experience. just a heads up to anyone checking out there stuff, if you are getting a rad deal and dont mind maybe having to wait, cool. but if you are counting on **** or dont feel like dealing with possible bad communication/customer service better to not do it.

  13. #13
    I_luv_hooters
    Guest
    wow sounds like toeclip sucks!!!!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •