Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    not a role model JeffS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    4,644
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rapha sizing - any firsthand experience

    Posted here because this is where the Rapha threads seem to be.

    Any experience on how Rapha sizing compares to traditional US brands? They seem to list multiple sizing numbers on their site.

    I wear a large in just about everything. The only large that was slightly too tight was a Hincapie jacket. I'm hoping this won't degenerate into a discussion on how overpriced their products are.

    thx for any help.

  2. #2
    blah onetwentyeight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Oakland, CA
    Posts
    5,573
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a small softshell, it fits well but i wish it was cut a little longer.

  3. #3
    #$%^&* paulv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    271
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a L softshell also and it fits just like I expected a L to fit as far as cycling gear...

    By the way, they have a sale going on right now on some of their stuff, I received their newsletter a couple of hours ago with a link to this page.

  4. #4
    not a role model JeffS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    4,644
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paulv
    I have a L softshell also and it fits just like I expected a L to fit as far as cycling gear...

    By the way, they have a sale going on right now on some of their stuff, I received their newsletter a couple of hours ago with a link to this page.
    Thx... that's why I'm asking

  5. #5
    Shiftless bum cavit8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    My Bikes
    Ciocc fixed, Raleigh record winter bike, Bianchi Grizzly SS, Pinarello Surprise, Raleigh Twenty, Bridgestone Picnica, various sundry bits and pieces...
    Posts
    2,674
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great, I was thinking, hmm. I'm hungry, how to distract myself? And the first thing I saw in this thread was soft shell. Mmmmm.... tacos....
    Quote Originally Posted by operator
    truneo that tuned park internal nipple wrench work ??

  6. #6
    thomas masini lives
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    i aint dh no mo'
    Posts
    3,496
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cavit8
    Great, I was thinking, hmm. I'm hungry, how to distract myself? And the first thing I saw in this thread was soft shell. Mmmmm.... tacos....
    are you on a diet?

  7. #7
    left treadle forward danish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    east kensington, phila.
    My Bikes
    <strikethrough>BFSSFG IRO</strikethrough>, 197X Raleigh Record Ltd conversion, Java SS
    Posts
    407
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    haha i thought the topic said Alpha sizing

  8. #8
    not a role model JeffS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    4,644
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kinda hate to bump an old thread, but just to follow up, I ended up passing on the sale, then buying a new large softshell off ebay.

    It ended up not fitting. It was a little too tight under the arms for me - not large enough across the back. I should have paid attention to their site. They say a Large is 38-42" an an XL is 42-46". That seems close. I'd call the jacket about a 41-42.

    Had it fit, I wouldn't have regretted the money I spent (225ish) on it. There are tons of nice features. I wouldn't pay full retail though. I would, however, pay full retail if it were a light color.

  9. #9
    Weekend warrior Telix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    My Bikes
    2005 Cannondale R700
    Posts
    142
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bumping just to help any Rapha-ites out: I have a 41" chest and am not a skinny guy in general, so I was concerned that the Rapha L would be cut for the more slim european cyclist. However, I just received a tricolor jersey and stowaway in L (from the sale and with an additional 20% discount + $70 refund from their horrible customer service) and they fit immaculately - snug for the road without being too tight. I would feel quite comfortable and stylish wearing the jersey off the cycle. I have had a fixed jersey for a few months in L and it also fits quite well, and is a bit bigger for layering. I'm 5-11, 183lbs, with a 41" chest and 36" around the belly, just to help anyone else out.
    Hammer Nutrition - premium endurance fuels! 15% off coupon code: http://www.hammernutrition.com/affiliates/118228/

  10. #10
    Senior Member Blaireau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,309
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Telix View Post
    Bumping just to help any Rapha-ites out: I have a 41" chest and am not a skinny guy in general, so I was concerned that the Rapha L would be cut for the more slim european cyclist. However, I just received a tricolor jersey and stowaway in L (from the sale and with an additional 20% discount + $70 refund from their horrible customer service) and they fit immaculately - snug for the road without being too tight. I would feel quite comfortable and stylish wearing the jersey off the cycle. I have had a fixed jersey for a few months in L and it also fits quite well, and is a bit bigger for layering. I'm 5-11, 183lbs, with a 41" chest and 36" around the belly, just to help anyone else out.
    That's helpful, thanks.
    Big tex is going to jail. Fingers crossed.

  11. #11
    Senior Member smoore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    598
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone wearing any of their small jerseys? I'm 130lbs and 5'5"....sometimes I wear a small and sometimes a medium. Typically eurocut is to tight for my torso but a club cut is fine.

    Any thoughts 'cuz Christmas is coming and it is the only time I could afford to spend high dollars on a jersey.

    Thanks.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •