First Fixed Build
I went out with the girl on Saturday for a walk and to touch some bikes at the local shops and I ended up coming back with a 53cm Mark V frameset with a headset, bottom bracket, and handlebars attached.
For some reason after putting a lot of love and money into my road bike to get it a little more race worthy I felt justified in carrying out my plans to build a fixed-gear-commuter/tooling-around/alternative-training bike. The goal is mostly just for fun, but also for utility with a little bit of bling.
What I've got:
* 53cm Iro Mark V frameset
* FSA Orbit (yeah, cheap...I'll spring for the Chris King next time)
* Shimano UN73 68x107 BB
* Profile Design Airwing bars (figured I'd give bullhorns a go)
* Bontrager Select Stem
* Black Sugino RD 165mm crankset (planned to go for the 75s originally, but I'll save a few bucks for now)
* Sugino Messenger 46t chainring + some chainring & crank bolts
* 17t Phil cog
* Cane Creek Crosstop
* White Cinelli Bartape
What's already on the way:
* Black 105 front brake caliper
* Ritchey Comp seatpost
* White Specialized Toupe Gel saddle
* 32h Black Surly Fixed/Fixed hubset (being built up by LBS with...)
* White 32 machined-front/non-machined rear Deep V's
What I need:
* Surly lockring
* Black Izumi Eco chain
* Brake cable, ferrules, cap
Am I missing anything...I'm really excited about getting this all together, just looking for some thoughts on the parts.
Update: picked up a bunch of parts today and got the wheel build started at the LBS. Mixed the lists around, just to keep track.
Last edited by jeffremer; 05-29-07 at 06:05 PM.
And you have to put up pictures of everything so the bling police can critique.
No risers? BLASPHEMY!
Actually looks good, I would personally go with the 17t cog for more skid patches, and I am a ***** when it comes to what gearing I ride =P
Pedals are for wussy.
Originally Posted by bottom-bracket
But seriously, I'll probably just go with some SPDs for now so I can go from my road bike to this one with just one pair of shoes.