Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    McNightrider
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    389
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Whiteindustries ENO hub

    Hey all',

    Planning to convert a TT frame to a fixed gear. Just wondering anyone have experiences with the ENO hub. Is the rideability different from track hub?? and Slip alot??

    Cheer,
    Dub.

  2. #2
    temporary alcoholic
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    202
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    whiteindustries makes a quality product.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    997
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vee_dub
    Hey all',

    Is the rideability different from track hub?? and Slip alot??
    nope.
    nope.
    Bikes are meant to be ridden. Matt 6:19

  4. #4
    Sir Fallalot wroomwroomoops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Posts
    5,161
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have it. Works fine, but it's less practical for brakepads than horizontal or track dropouts. You'll find yourself adjusting the brakepads often. Provided that you have a rear brake. I ride SS, so I do. Oh yeah, freewheel removal can be hairy - you can't count on the axle to stabilize the freewheel puller. So while I like the bike on which I have the ENO, I know I'll have to destroy this freewheel when time comes to replace it, and all in all, I decided this is the first and last ENO eccentric I bought. The ENO is not heavier than a normal track hub, and it is in all rideability aspects identical.

  5. #5
    McNightrider
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    389
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wroomwroomoops
    I have it. Works fine, but it's less practical for brakepads than horizontal or track dropouts. You'll find yourself adjusting the brakepads often. Provided that you have a rear brake. I ride SS, so I do. Oh yeah, freewheel removal can be hairy - you can't count on the axle to stabilize the freewheel puller. So while I like the bike on which I have the ENO, I know I'll have to destroy this freewheel when time comes to replace it, and all in all, I decided this is the first and last ENO eccentric I bought. The ENO is not heavier than a normal track hub, and it is in all rideability aspects identical.
    I wont be having rear brake...I gonna run fixed on it. But thanks for the advice man..aweosme.

  6. #6
    1 inch pitch cabbagerwsb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    brooklyn
    My Bikes
    1940 paramount track, colnago technos track, bianchi pista concept, landshark trackshark (soon)
    Posts
    68
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    don't have one personally, but i know from experience that they are wicked easy to adjust and pull that chain tight.
    - Bicycle Station -
    560 Vanderbilt Ave (btwn Dean & Bergen)
    Brooklyn (718) 638-0300

  7. #7
    Beausage is Beautiful Fugazi Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    My Bikes
    2006 Langster, which I actually like.
    Posts
    5,456
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fantastic product. Not cheap, but worth every penny if you want quality. I've never had any problem with brake pad positioning. Unless you're changing gearing often, once you have your brake pads set to where the wheel is with the proper chain tension, they should stay in the right place indefinitely.

  8. #8
    McNightrider
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    389
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love to skid around ....well once in awhile. The thread hold up fairly well right??? No cog slippage and stuff..i really hate that.

  9. #9
    Senior Member maxknee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,045
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The thread is fine. nothign to really worry about
    F/S:
    61cm Lemond Chambery alu/carbon fiber frame/fork and headest

    philly fixed gear
    SUMMER SLAM RACE SERIES PHILLY AUGUST WIN A CUSTOM FRAME

  10. #10
    Sir Fallalot wroomwroomoops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Posts
    5,161
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vee_dub
    I love to skid around ....well once in awhile. The thread hold up fairly well right??? No cog slippage and stuff..i really hate that.
    Yeah, it holds fine (had a FG setup with the ENO, once). You'll probably have to rotafixa the cog off. Of course, if you're worried apply a bit of Loctite. Then you'll definitely have to rotafixa the cog off.

    Anyhow, it's just an aluminum shell hub - everything that applies to aluminum hub threads, applies to this. Same thing.

  11. #11
    Sir Fallalot wroomwroomoops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Posts
    5,161
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugazi Dave
    Fantastic product. Not cheap, but worth every penny if you want quality. I've never had any problem with brake pad positioning. Unless you're changing gearing often, once you have your brake pads set to where the wheel is with the proper chain tension, they should stay in the right place indefinitely.
    I like changing tire sizes for the ride I'll use the thing for. But yeah, if you keep the same gear ration and tire size, you will have to adjust the brake pads only a little bit, when it's time to tension the chan.

  12. #12
    a litte bit fixed mintyai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Brick Lane, London, UK
    My Bikes
    24" wheel, fixed, folding airnimal chameleon
    Posts
    88
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wroomwroomoops
    I have it. Works fine, but it's less practical for brakepads than horizontal or track dropouts. You'll find yourself adjusting the brakepads often. Provided that you have a rear brake. I ride SS, so I do. Oh yeah, freewheel removal can be hairy - you can't count on the axle to stabilize the freewheel puller. So while I like the bike on which I have the ENO, I know I'll have to destroy this freewheel when time comes to replace it, and all in all, I decided this is the first and last ENO eccentric I bought. The ENO is not heavier than a normal track hub, and it is in all rideability aspects identical.
    I just managed to remove my freewheel using a lockring tool. took a lot of puffing but it worked. I couldn't get the free wheel tool on cause the cam of the hub was in the way. I was running a second fixed hub suicide for the track, then I put the freewheel on to practice some spinning. It took me weeks to get it off. tried hammers and spanners and screwdrivers, but the lockring tool worked quite well in the end.

    Does anyone else find that it is much easier to set the chain tension with an eno than with track ends?
    24" - 520mm wheeled folding fixed :: http://www.minty-ai.net/bike

  13. #13
    cab horn
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Toronto
    My Bikes
    1987 Bianchi Campione
    Posts
    28,298
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mintyai

    Does anyone else find that it is much easier to set the chain tension with an eno than with track ends?
    No.
    Mes compaingnons cui j'amoie et cui j'aim,... Me di, chanson.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •