Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 38
  1. #1
    Senior Member gluckster2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Brooklyn
    My Bikes
    Pedal Force RS; Nishiki Prestige, fixed; Pake, limited edition Gold
    Posts
    91
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    I feel like a retired football player.

    My shoulder and forearm are all scabbed and swollen and sore from being doored the other day. My knees have been killing me lately. I have shin splints five out of the seven days of the week. My back is sore. Sometimes my fingers go numb. My muscles are stiff at night. I won't even talk about my nether region...

    But I still wake up every morning and can't ******** wait to ninja through that mess of traffic outside.

    God, I love this sh*t...
    You'd better sit down before you fall down.

  2. #2
    Banned.
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    philly
    Posts
    994
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1.

  3. #3
    tarck bike.com exile 666pack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    lancaster, pennsylvania
    My Bikes
    bfssfg iro--black.
    Posts
    2,058
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i feel like a ******** eight year old.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    5,317
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gluckster2 View Post
    My shoulder and forearm are all scabbed and swollen and sore from being doored the other day. My knees have been killing me lately. I have shin splints five out of the seven days of the week. My back is sore. Sometimes my fingers go numb. My muscles are stiff at night. I won't even talk about my nether region...

    But I still wake up every morning and can't ******** wait to ninja through that mess of traffic outside.

    God, I love this sh*t...
    maybe get a more appropriate bike and calm down on the ninja action a little so you stll can ride in a few years.

  5. #5
    Senior Member gluckster2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Brooklyn
    My Bikes
    Pedal Force RS; Nishiki Prestige, fixed; Pake, limited edition Gold
    Posts
    91
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dutret View Post
    maybe get a more appropriate bike and calm down on the ninja action a little so you stll can ride in a few years.
    Good idea! Can I borrow your Recumbent for a couple of days?
    You'd better sit down before you fall down.

  6. #6
    park ranger
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    mars
    My Bikes
    recumbents
    Posts
    1,794
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gluckster2 View Post
    Good idea! Can I borrow your Recumbent for a couple of days?
    probably no need for a recumbent, i bet a bike that fits properly and is setup right would be good enough
    Quote Originally Posted by Malibu Police Chief
    I don't like your jerk-off name. I don't like your jerk-off face. I don't like your jerk-off behavior, and I don't like you, jerk-off.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    5,317
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gluckster2 View Post
    Good idea! Can I borrow your Recumbent for a couple of days?
    I realize this is supposed to be some sort of insult but how would a recumbant be at all appropriate for riding in traffic?

    Things like road drops with brakes at a decent height, making sure your saddle is situated properly in realation to the bb, and not riding like a ****ing jackass(which seems to be what people mean whenever they use the words ninja and traffic together) might help though. Joint, and nerve pain is not something you should relish if you want to be riding for a long time.

  8. #8
    Senior Member gluckster2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Brooklyn
    My Bikes
    Pedal Force RS; Nishiki Prestige, fixed; Pake, limited edition Gold
    Posts
    91
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dutret View Post
    I realize this is supposed to be some sort of insult but how would a recumbant be at all appropriate for riding in traffic?

    Things like road drops with brakes at a decent height, making sure your saddle is situated properly in realation to the bb, and not riding like a ****ing jackass(which seems to be what people mean whenever they use the words ninja and traffic together) might help though. Joint, and nerve pain is not something you should relish if you want to be riding for a long time.
    What are you Sheldon Brown's ******** step-child or something? Jesus Christ this was supposed to be a post celebrating our culture, our hobby, and what we (some of us) do everyday.

    Why is it that every ******** post on this forum, some ****** bag like you has to say something so stupid and so arrogant it makes me want to gouge my eyeballs out with a needle?!?!

    It's not my bike that makes me sore, you ass-f*ck. It's the 200 miles I put on it every week.

    So why don't you take you $10000 custom built bike that fits you oh-so-perfect, your ability to state all things obvious, and your obey-all-traffic-laws-hand-signaling-slow-moving ass, and go hate somewhere else.
    You'd better sit down before you fall down.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    5,317
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gluckster2 View Post
    What are you Sheldon Brown's ******** step-child or something? Jesus Christ this was supposed to be a post celebrating our culture, our hobby, and what we (some of us) do everyday.

    Why is it that every ******** post on this forum, some ****** bag like you has to say something so stupid and so arrogant it makes me want to gouge my eyeballs out with a needle?!?!

    It's not my bike that makes me sore, you ass-f*ck. It's the 200 miles I put on it every week.

    So why don't you take you $10000 custom built bike that fits you oh-so-perfect, your ability to state all things obvious, and your obey-all-traffic-laws-hand-signaling-slow-moving ass, and go hate somewhere else.
    If your muscles were sore that would be a reasonable reaction to riding 200miles a week(a pretty medium distance incidentally). Back, joint and nerve pain come from your bike fitting wrong or going from riding 20miles a week to 200 to fast. Either of those are things to worry about as they can lead to long term problems that may prevent you from riding much on anything but that recumbant that you so despise.

    If you view biking as a hobby rather a culture and something you want to keep doing every day rthen I suggest you fix your problems before they compound and you're left unable to ride. It doesn't take $10000 and you don't have to follow every law all the time. You may have to give up the pile of **** that certain ****ups refer to as bike culture though.

  10. #10
    Boston did not sob 9Rings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    377
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Someone just got told!
    Mongol General: "What is best in life?"
    Conan: "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Philadelphia
    My Bikes
    1985 Pinarello Catena Lusso / 1983 Pinarello Montello / Raleigh Marathon / Camel Cigarettes conversion / 1957 Worksman cruiser / Puch 140 / Raleigh Grand Prix
    Posts
    849
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gluckster2 View Post
    It's not my bike that makes me sore, you ass-f*ck. It's the 200 miles I put on it every week.
    Your symptoms sound like stuff that could be corrected with some simple bike adjustments, minus the dooring that I suspect came as a result of your ninja riding.

  12. #12
    Boston did not sob 9Rings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    377
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gluckster2 View Post
    Sometimes my fingers go numb. I won't even talk about my nether region...

    Nope, it's your bike that's hurting you, not the 200 miles/week. Try setting your bike up to fit you, instead of looking cool on FGG or in front of Starbucks.

    On second thought, perhaps you should cut back on the caffiene...
    Mongol General: "What is best in life?"
    Conan: "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."

  13. #13
    J E R S E Y S B E S T Jerseysbest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    1,852
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Solution: ride more.
    Quote Originally Posted by SingingSabre View Post
    Cheating: a symptom of the problem.

  14. #14
    Senior Member Mr. Samsa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    san diego, CA
    My Bikes
    schwinn / converted fixed gear, Bianchi Pista , Miyata 10 speed( build up) and Giordana track bicycle(campy components included)
    Posts
    195
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On second thought, perhaps you should cut back on the caffiene...[/QUOTE]

    +1
    *lol*
    "Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of mankind"- H.G. Wells

  15. #15
    Lotion/Basket/Hose Doctor Who's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    My Bikes
    1992 Schwinn Paramount
    Posts
    1,369
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gluckster2 View Post
    What are you Sheldon Brown's ******** step-child or something? Jesus Christ this was supposed to be a post celebrating our culture, our hobby, and what we (some of us) do everyday.

    Why is it that every ******** post on this forum, some ****** bag like you has to say something so stupid and so arrogant it makes me want to gouge my eyeballs out with a needle?!?!

    It's not my bike that makes me sore, you ass-f*ck. It's the 200 miles I put on it every week.

    So why don't you take you $10000 custom built bike that fits you oh-so-perfect, your ability to state all things obvious, and your obey-all-traffic-laws-hand-signaling-slow-moving ass, and go hate somewhere else.
    Seriously, calm down. Dutret's right -*riding a bike isn't supposed to make your body feel like ****, unless you crash, obviously. If your crotch hurts, then something's up with your saddle position. If your knees are hurting, then you've got some issues with saddle height, cleat position, etc.

    You're really making yourself out to be a short-timer. You're all hopped up on the "ninja" aspect of riding in the city, which I guess is a great feeling and all, but after your knees give out and your back hurts from riding an ill-fitting trackbike around, you're probably more likely than not to sell the bike and get into something else.

    If you were serious about being a hardcore cyclist, you would take the steps necessary to ensure that you can still ride a bike when you're 50, 60, 70 years old. If you don't think of yourself as being on a bike at that point, then I guess you have carte blanche to destroy your body in search of the biggest thrill.

  16. #16
    Bean Counter V-Rock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Haute Lanta
    My Bikes
    Two old old road bikes (unsure of brand), my old Giant Iguana mountain bike, and my Mercier fixed
    Posts
    195
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You just got served...by Dutret!

    Why do some many people seem to hate Dutret when he is nearly always right? The man speaks the truth.

    p.s. - I wish Sheldon was my step-dad.

  17. #17
    tarck bike.com exile 666pack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    lancaster, pennsylvania
    My Bikes
    bfssfg iro--black.
    Posts
    2,058
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by V-Rock View Post
    You just got served...by Dutret!

    Why do some many people seem to hate Dutret when he is nearly always right? The man speaks the truth.

    p.s. - I wish Sheldon was my step-dad.
    in the words of the dude, "walter, it's not that you're wrong. it's just that you're an *******!"

  18. #18
    Bean Counter V-Rock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Haute Lanta
    My Bikes
    Two old old road bikes (unsure of brand), my old Giant Iguana mountain bike, and my Mercier fixed
    Posts
    195
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 666pack View Post
    in the words of the dude, "walter, it's not that you're wrong. it's just that you're an *******!"
    Oh yeah, the ******* part. I find that part the most charming part though. Although, perhaps I won't when I post something stupid and feel the wrath of the Dutret. Please be gently when that time comes.

  19. #19
    Super Senior
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Madtown, Wisco
    Posts
    261
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 666pack View Post
    in the words of the dude, "walter, it's not that you're wrong. it's just that you're an *******!"
    lol...

    may i suggest the middle path? be an adrenaline junkie that loves speed and close calls, but be in control, have a proper fitting/safe bike, and wear a helmet. that's what i do...

    p.s. the middle way is almost always the best way!

    p.p.s. pain and injury is what makes riding enjoyable - joy only has meaning when contrasted with pain and suffering. when you pull off some gnarly riding w/out falling while being aware of how much falling would suck/hurt, that is the best!

  20. #20
    brother's keeper Zum1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    ill-adelphia
    My Bikes
    Ross Carrera, Cayne Uno, Surly Steamroller
    Posts
    115
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We should all ride, act, speak according to the dictates of our own mind... ninja weaving thru brooklyn traffic on an ill-fitting bike... well, that could be thought of as commendable in some circles... extolling the virtues of a well adjusted ride on a well adjusted bike... could be equally as commendable in other circles... we peddle one stroke at a time brothas...
    This cat is asking if I've seen his little lost passion
    I told him: "Yeah, but only when I pedaled past him"

  21. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    5,317
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zum1 View Post
    We should all ride, act, speak according to the dictates of our own mind... ninja weaving thru brooklyn traffic on an ill-fitting bike... well, that could be thought of as commendable in some circles... extolling the virtues of a well adjusted ride on a well adjusted bike... could be equally as commendable in other circles... we peddle one stroke at a time brothas...
    yeah it's just that a larger portion of one of those circles is still going to be riding in ten years.

    what happened to gluckster?

  22. #22
    harrospokes! fetch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,263
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    fingers go numb? keep your hands on the bars and dont let your handlebar rest in the bottom part of your palm where there's a "valley", next to your thumb bone. cuts off the blood circulation there. sometimes also bartape/too cushy gloves makes this happen as well.

  23. #23
    Senior Member mtnbk3000's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,072
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gluckster2 View Post
    My shoulder and forearm are all scabbed and swollen and sore from being doored the other day. My knees have been killing me lately. I have shin splints five out of the seven days of the week. My back is sore. Sometimes my fingers go numb. My muscles are stiff at night. I won't even talk about my nether region...

    But I still wake up every morning and can't ******** wait to ninja through that mess of traffic outside.

    God, I love this sh*t...
    are you going into a hotel with an armed man tom orrow to steal back your memorobilia?
    hi

  24. #24
    fix
    fix is offline
    yeahh, becky fix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    DC
    My Bikes
    1990 Kotter Albuch, 2005 Empella Spaar Select Cross, 2007 Ridley Aedon
    Posts
    1,394
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ride cyclocross and have a good excuse to be sore
    soh-CAh-T-oa-meter 0 ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ X ~ ~ pi

  25. #25
    big ring MIN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    philadelphia
    Posts
    5,839
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I was training heavily at the beginning of this season I rode 250 miles per week and rarely felt sore.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •