After a recent run in with an old guy driving a Cadillac I've been paranoid about traffic and have been considering getting a helmet for alleycats or in case I get a messengering or delivery job. My main issues with "traditional" bicycle helmets (the semi-aero ones with big slots for ventilation) are that they slip off the head easily, look ********, and generally only last for one bad wipe out. I've got an old, cheaper Protec but the padding sucks.
Can you guys suggest helmets that:
1. have at least a little ventilation
2. last more than one bad wipe
3. come with/have provisions for a headband retainer (for headlamps and goggles)
4. have provisions for using a chin cup or something instead of the normal under the chin straps, so that it doesn't just slip off the back of my head and choke me to death when i fall down
5. can be repainted
6. have a suspension system or nice pads instead of ****ty foam pads