Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: rollers?

  1. #1
    Senior Member nelzar13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Coventry RI
    My Bikes
    1958 raleigh fixed , specialized P2, standard S250, giant cross country bike
    Posts
    293
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    rollers?

    So as i sit here bored whatchig tv i was wondering how
    long (or for those of you that have computer many miles)
    do you guys ride your rollers for at a time? i think i have
    severe add and can only manage about 30 min right now
    im sure that time will go up once the snow comes down though.....

  2. #2
    Edificating dmotoguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    boise idaho
    My Bikes
    2005 Specialized Tarmac Comp, Steyr Clubman, Motobecane Phantom Cross Uno, Cannondale Caad9, IRO bffgss
    Posts
    2,441
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ~hour and I get tired of it..
    Ultimate Cat -o- Meter
    X-x0x-x-X - 40%

  3. #3
    Senior Member nathbdp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    624
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Usually 45 minutes to an hour, gets repetitive after that.

    Computer on roller bike doesn't matter to me. I just watch HR and focus on spin.

  4. #4
    members only crust & crumb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    in a field, mostly.
    Posts
    911
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nelzar13 View Post
    So as i sit here bored whatchig tv i was wondering how
    long (or for those of you that have computer many miles)
    do you guys ride your rollers for at a time? i think i have
    severe add and can only manage about 30 min right now
    im sure that time will go up once the snow comes down though.....
    No matter what I do, I can't seem to break up the monotony of riding rollers. I've tried about everything. It doesn't matter; I could be getting laid while I was spinning on them and it'd still be tedious.
    "Fixed gear ain't all tight pants and hand claps."

    -mc

  5. #5
    some new kind of kick Suttree's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Smog Valley
    My Bikes
    SOMA Rush, Miyata 912, Kogswell Mod. G, want a porteur bike
    Posts
    1,541
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    about 45 mins. Loud fast music
    makes it better--as does reading
    Last edited by Suttree; 12-12-07 at 08:58 PM.

  6. #6
    Super Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Brooklyn
    My Bikes
    Track Bike
    Posts
    82
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what are the best rollers to get. i've been planning on getting some.

  7. #7
    not actually Nickatina andre nickatina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    OR
    Posts
    4,447
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    15-20 minutes than the sweat starts burning my eyes. i need to do them more often though. do you guys wear cycling shorts on the rollers? i can't ride them at all w/o them, too much heat and sweat builds up in the groin area when you're doing 130rpm for a while.

  8. #8
    bward1028
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dlandis View Post
    what are the best rollers to get. i've been planning on getting some.
    kreitler, apparently, but there are good ones that are cheap too.

  9. #9
    some new kind of kick Suttree's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Smog Valley
    My Bikes
    SOMA Rush, Miyata 912, Kogswell Mod. G, want a porteur bike
    Posts
    1,541
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bward1028 View Post
    kreitler, apparently, but there are good ones that are cheap too.
    minoura work fine so do most of the 150 dollar range ones as well from
    what I've heard--they aren't that mechanically complex--but i'd like to try
    kreitlers someday

  10. #10
    some new kind of kick Suttree's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Smog Valley
    My Bikes
    SOMA Rush, Miyata 912, Kogswell Mod. G, want a porteur bike
    Posts
    1,541
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andre nickatina View Post
    15-20 minutes than the sweat starts burning my eyes. i need to do them more often though. do you guys wear cycling shorts on the rollers? i can't ride them at all w/o them, too much heat and sweat builds up in the groin area when you're doing 130rpm for a while.
    yes on shorts, yes on a cap to keep sweat out of your eyes--or go 80s and use a
    bandana--

  11. #11
    :jarckass: deathhare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Nashville
    Posts
    6,563
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Head sweat band.

  12. #12
    some new kind of kick Suttree's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Smog Valley
    My Bikes
    SOMA Rush, Miyata 912, Kogswell Mod. G, want a porteur bike
    Posts
    1,541
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    zackly--plus fast music

  13. #13
    not actually Nickatina andre nickatina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    OR
    Posts
    4,447
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes, i could use one... hats aren't cutting it for me!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •