Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    38
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Fair price for a KHS Flight 100

    What would be a reasonable price to pay for a new 08 Flight 100? The MSRP is $549.

  2. #2
    Tarck bike dot com
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Portland, OR.
    My Bikes
    Fuji tarck '08
    Posts
    585
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by x550x View Post
    What would be a reasonable price to pay for a new 08 Flight 100? The MSRP is $549.
    Well, a Mercier Kilo TT is the same thing but cheaper. Like around 350usd at BikesDirect.com
    Quote Originally Posted by thequickfix View Post
    Mah Arrospok Skids Hella Stupid Fresh

  3. #3
    :jarckass: deathhare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Nashville
    Posts
    6,563
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by K_phomma View Post
    Well, a Mercier Kilo TT is the same thing but cheaper. Like around 350usd at BikesDirect.com
    Yes, dont waste your time with the KHS. Mericer KiloTT is the same exact frame and WAY cheaper + free shipping. Even the graphics are nicer.
    http://bikesdirect.com/products/mercier/kilott.htm

  4. #4
    Senior Member rduenas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    718
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And it looks cooler.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    38
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys. I'm aware that the Kilo TT is the same frame. Personally, I like the look of the KHS better. I like all of the black. It appears to be a little bit better spec'd as well. Not to mention my LBS carries KHS and I'd like to support them. I'm just wondering what I should expect to pay for the Flight. If they bring full retail, I'll probably pass on it. If they have a decent discount, I may just pay a little extra for the KHS.

  6. #6
    :jarckass: deathhare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Nashville
    Posts
    6,563
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe you should just find out what their price is and decide if you want to pay it.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    24
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if this helps, i payed $365 shipped for this powdercoated khs w/bb, headset, fork, and seat post.

  8. #8
    I_luv_hooters
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by x550x View Post
    Thanks guys. I'm aware that the Kilo TT is the same frame. Personally, I like the look of the KHS better. I like all of the black. It appears to be a little bit better spec'd as well. Not to mention my LBS carries KHS and I'd like to support them. I'm just wondering what I should expect to pay for the Flight. If they bring full retail, I'll probably pass on it. If they have a decent discount, I may just pay a little extra for the KHS.
    i really like the KHS color scheme - its a flat charcoal and black. i agree that its more attractive than the kilo. i would pay more for that. just get it.

  9. #9
    tad
    tad is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    61
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I picked up a good condition 07 KHS flite 100 flat charcoal frame/fork + weinmann DP18 wheelset, ritchey headset and stem, specialized track cranks, flite seat for $250 on CL, but he was originally asking $300.

    If you're talking new from an LBS i think you you can expect to pay considerably more - I'd say 450 or under would be a good deal if the msrp is 550.

    Good to support your LBS... I won't buy a bike at mine, but often go there for parts, etc (even when I know I'm paying 2x what I could get them for online).

  10. #10
    Cornucopia of Awesomeness baxtefer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    not where i used to be
    Posts
    4,848
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i sold my abused 2005 KHS frame+fork+headset for $200. or was that $250?
    {o,o**
    |)__)
    -"-"-

    O RLY?

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    38
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the answers, guys. I'm going to head to the LBS next week and see what the price is.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •