Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    886
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    IRO Cold Fusion pic request

    Anyone have a picture of the IRO Cold Fusion wheels?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    superpredictable
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    193
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    886
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperVillain View Post
    Thanks.

    Anyone have pictures of the colored Cold Fusions? Just want to see what they look like.

  4. #4
    left treadle forward danish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    east kensington, phila.
    My Bikes
    <strikethrough>BFSSFG IRO</strikethrough>, 197X Raleigh Record Ltd conversion, Java SS
    Posts
    407
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperVillain View Post
    WHY WOULD YOU PUT YOUR BIKE IN THE SAND AND SALT WATER?!?!?!?!
    jeez.

  5. #5
    Cornucopia of Awesomeness baxtefer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    not where i used to be
    Posts
    4,847
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why not?
    it's not like he's soaking all the bearings in seawater. Riding that bike in an east coast winter will expose it to just as much salt and sand.
    {o,o**
    |)__)
    -"-"-

    O RLY?

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    886
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by danish View Post
    WHY WOULD YOU PUT YOUR BIKE IN THE SAND AND SALT WATER?!?!?!?!
    jeez.
    haha

  7. #7
    Jewish Media Conspirator asherlighn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Maine
    My Bikes
    Trek 5200, IRO Jamie Roy, Felt F75, and an old GT mountain bike
    Posts
    921
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperVillain View Post
    Those are velocity fusions. However they look exactly the same as the cold fusions.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutret
    The fact is that most peoples sense of what rides well is easily overcome by their sense of what looks cool.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Adam777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    116
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I called Tony at IRO a few months back about it right after they switched from Deep Vs to "Cold Fusions" for the custom wheel builder. He told me that they are the same specs as Velocity Fusions, which would lead me to believe that the are just Velocity rims with "Cold" added to give IRO one more product of their "own" to fill out the product line up.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    442
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that's actually lake michigan, btw. dennis is from MI.

  10. #10
    superpredictable
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    193
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by asherlighn View Post
    Those are velocity fusions. However they look exactly the same as the cold fusions.
    I think you may have misread? Here's what the review says:

    "Formula hubs and what looks very much like Velocity Fusion rims"

    One giveaway as to them not being the same rims is the rim profile. Velocity Fusions (as well as Aeroheads and Deep Vs) are flat on the sides of the deep sections. The IRO rims (which are actually made by Kinlin) are convex or rounded. Just compare the way they reflect light. They are, however, approx. the same depth and weight.

  11. #11
    Jewish Media Conspirator asherlighn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Maine
    My Bikes
    Trek 5200, IRO Jamie Roy, Felt F75, and an old GT mountain bike
    Posts
    921
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperVillain View Post
    I think you may have misread? Here's what the review says:

    "Formula hubs and what looks very much like Velocity Fusion rims"

    One giveaway as to them not being the same rims is the rim profile. Velocity Fusions (as well as Aeroheads and Deep Vs) are flat on the sides of the deep sections. The IRO rims (which are actually made by Kinlin) are convex or rounded. Just compare the way they reflect light. They are, however, approx. the same depth and weight.
    Hmm, you're right.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutret
    The fact is that most peoples sense of what rides well is easily overcome by their sense of what looks cool.

  12. #12
    ^posier than thou bryanhayn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    My Bikes
    black 62cm IRO Angus w/Fusions on Phil hubs, Sugino 75 cranks, Soma track drops
    Posts
    317
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same Angus with the "cold fusion" rims. Anyone know what the cold fusion's ERD is? I'm trying to add my high flange Phil hubs to those rims and I need to find out the correct spoke length.
    Last edited by bryanhayn; 04-30-08 at 02:14 AM.
    "drifting by just totally..."
    http://velospace.org/node/10377

  13. #13
    ^posier than thou bryanhayn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    My Bikes
    black 62cm IRO Angus w/Fusions on Phil hubs, Sugino 75 cranks, Soma track drops
    Posts
    317
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperVillain View Post
    One giveaway as to them not being the same rims is the rim profile. Velocity Fusions (as well as Aeroheads and Deep Vs) are flat on the sides of the deep sections. The IRO rims (which are actually made by Kinlin) are convex or rounded. Just compare the way they reflect light. They are, however, approx. the same depth and weight.
    I'm pretty sure you're wrong, because when I got my Angus my IRO rims were shipped to me in a Velocity box. And this was like a month ago.
    "drifting by just totally..."
    http://velospace.org/node/10377

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    886
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmm maybe someone should call/email tony and find out. if these are just debranded fusions, I'd be very inclined to order a set. 269 is a decent price and his wheel building skills are pretty good.

  15. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so does anyone have any experience with these cold fusion rims? are they any good?

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Athens, Ohio
    My Bikes
    Fuji Track, Half built 70s Azuki
    Posts
    1,568
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fi3nd666 View Post
    so does anyone have any experience with these cold fusion rims? are they any good?
    yes,they are good.

  17. #17
    Senior Member sjauch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Astoria, NY
    My Bikes
    '09 Surly Cross Check, '05 Specialized Allez Comp, '08 Specialized Langster, Iro Mark V
    Posts
    186
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I visited Tony's place in PA and he was giving out these wheelsets. They were brand new in Velocity boxes.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •