OK, so the utility bike I'm dreaming of building could be a lot of different things with a simple wheel change. I'm looking for a frame with the versatility to do it all.
It's gotta have:
1. Horizontal dropouts or track forks for fixed or internall geared hub
2. Canti Studs it's gonna be a heavy cargo bike, it needs good brakes
3. Should work well with 26" wheels and possibly 650b
4. derailer hanger in case I want to run a derailer
It would be nice if it also had:
1. A nice compliment of braze-ons for racks and fenders
2. Decent butted chromoly tubes
This bike will definitely get fenders, and a Cetma 5 rail.
Thinking about it a couple of things that would work well would be a Kogswell PR, or a nice older MTB with horizontal dropouts. Can anyone recommend any particular frames new or old that would meet these criteria?