Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Just a heads up

  1. #1
    ALL PARTY ryansexton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
    My Bikes
    Douglas Touring Cross Wise, Urbanite Fixed Gear
    Posts
    664
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Just a heads up

    Never ever ever ever get Kenda Koncept tires. I went to a sports store because the LBS was closed on Sunday. This tire is awful, and I paid 29 dollars for it. Its just awful.
    Quote Originally Posted by crushkilldstroy View Post
    This is SSFG. Nothing is logical here.

  2. #2
    jpdesjar
    Guest
    why are they awful?

  3. #3
    fails just as quickly thequickfix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    two miles behind
    Posts
    522
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the most part, Kenda road tires are cheap and ride poorly. I have some Kontenders (I think) on my road bike that I'm using simply because I got them for free. Eventually, they will be replaced with Continentals.

  4. #4
    ALL PARTY ryansexton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
    My Bikes
    Douglas Touring Cross Wise, Urbanite Fixed Gear
    Posts
    664
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpdesjar View Post
    why are they awful?
    Very slow. Very very slow. After purchasing them, I read a review that said they last less than 300 miles.
    Quote Originally Posted by crushkilldstroy View Post
    This is SSFG. Nothing is logical here.

  5. #5
    not actually Nickatina andre nickatina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    OR
    Posts
    4,447
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I had either the Koncept or Kontender as a rear because I got it for free, and yeah it left a bad taste in my mouth. Bad road feel and slow...

  6. #6
    ALL PARTY ryansexton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
    My Bikes
    Douglas Touring Cross Wise, Urbanite Fixed Gear
    Posts
    664
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also they max out at like 105 PSI I think. I pumped up to 110 and the tube died. I had to go back to the LBS and get a new tube, I don't know if that has anything to do with the tire, however, if a tire can't go up to at least 117 PSI, its a total ***** tire.
    Quote Originally Posted by crushkilldstroy View Post
    This is SSFG. Nothing is logical here.

  7. #7
    jpdesjar
    Guest
    i have a cheapo kenda on my singlespeed road bike and it seems to roll along ok...i think the max psi is 90 or something, the whole bike is pretty rugged i was practicing bunny hops with it the other day, cheap tires for a cheap bike but a lot of fun to ride

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    187
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1st mistake was shopping at a sporting goods store.

  9. #9
    Senior Member ZiP0082's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    My Bikes
    2008 Mercier Kilo TT
    Posts
    1,703
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a Kenda Koncept on my rear wheel for a month or so before it kept getting flats -- not strong enough for commuting, but perhaps it could work on a front wheel where there's less weight.

  10. #10
    ALL PARTY ryansexton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
    My Bikes
    Douglas Touring Cross Wise, Urbanite Fixed Gear
    Posts
    664
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZiP0082 View Post
    I had a Kenda Koncept on my rear wheel for a month or so before it kept getting flats -- not strong enough for commuting, but perhaps it could work on a front wheel where there's less weight.
    I was thinking about doing that. I have a conti up front.

    To the other guy - It was Sunday, the day of the lord! Not many bike stores are open, so when you want to just get back on a bike and cruise around because you haven't ridden in weeks (bike tour), you would go anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by crushkilldstroy View Post
    This is SSFG. Nothing is logical here.

  11. #11
    IRL Banhammer idiq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    RVA
    My Bikes
    Trek T1, Koga Track, Bridgestone 550, Fuji Cross Pro, Trek 2300, Trek 2500, BMC Streetfire w/ 10s Record, Columbia Tandem, Schwinn Prologue
    Posts
    670
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's your point? They're 650's, not 700's and after shipping (to where I live) they cost 29.94

    Quote Originally Posted by epschoenly View Post
    1st mistake was shopping at a sporting goods store.
    Didn't you read the post? The LBS was closed... what's the difference if he buys Koncepts at the LBS or the sporting good store? They're still the same tire.
    saddle sores bike club | prepare to be rode

  12. #12
    Senior Member hockeyteeth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Gainesville, Florida
    Posts
    1,640
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryansexton View Post
    (bike tour)
    Where'd you go?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •