Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Shanghai, China
Bikes: 1995 Kestrel 4000; 2013 True North Touring; 1989 Miele Tivoli; 1979 Colnago Sport
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Help me spec a fixed Cross Check
I have a work term this fall and I've decided to buy a fixed gear Cross Check to use as my daily commuter. I want to have a rough idea of the components I want before I head down to the shop this weekend.
Information / rquirements:
* 15 mile (one way) commute
* Toronto, Canada = snow in winter
* I weigh 140lbs
* This will also be my joyriding around town bike, so I want to keep it fairly light.
* I don't mind paying for pricier stuff, but I'm trying to budget smartly.
* I want bullhorns, toe clips, and a flip flop hub.
That said, please recommend some components for me. Bars, brakes, levers, headset, stem, wheelset, crankset, BB, pedals, seatpost, etc. I already have a Brooks Team Pro that I'm going to throw on there.
Finally, what gears should I be runnng? Toronto is pretty flat with some rolling hills.