Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Singlespeed & Fixed Gear (http://www.bikeforums.net/singlespeed-fixed-gear/)
-   -   The Photo Thread of You Riding Your Bike aka Action Jackson (http://www.bikeforums.net/singlespeed-fixed-gear/443597-photo-thread-you-riding-your-bike-aka-action-jackson.html)

Mumonkan 09-24-13 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMonk (Post 16097976)
yup. i think i was stilled clipped in on the right side at that point.

it looks like that series of events led to painful ball syndrome

cobrabyte 09-24-13 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnytheboy (Post 16097896)
i was simply asking a question. i quoted the part that was necessary.
I visited the ER with a golf ball sized saddle sore (just as hard as a golf ball, also) several years ago....and i don't wish that on anyone.
i'm as far from a "roadie" (quotes again, i know) as anyone i know.....i'm just a guy that rides bikes. all kinds.

I guess I just felt like your question was baiting, hoping I'd answer "yes" so you could tell me what a mistake I am making by doing so. Reading too much into it?...probably, hence my dick response

and apologies to all for my weirdness last night. I went back this morning a re-read my posts and I do seem defensive. I guess I was wound up. In my defense, I was watching Breaking Bad on Netflix lol. Roadies don't really bother me I was just getting that 'we do it better than you' vibe and maybe read into some of y'alls posts wrong. That's on me but I do stand by some of my statements, just in a less jerky way.

tldr; sorry guys, and yes change your shorts asap after a ride, don't sit in your own funk *yuck

no pics of me on the bike lately so I'll snap a few on my next ride and make a real contribution to this thread

TMonk 09-24-13 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c0urt (Post 16097942)
find a saddle that breathes better. or a thinner one. gold bond, the list goes on, even more so if they are just mild.

thx for the tips.

ive never been into lathering up my bhalls b4 a ride but maybe i should give it a shot given my skin sensitivity

TMonk 09-24-13 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mumonkan (Post 16098179)
it looks like that series of events led to painful ball syndrome

nope.

front wheel hit the curb, giving me some sw8 angular momentum
i stepped down with my left foot on that there right patch of grass
did half of a front flip and landed gracefully on iceplant past the concrete

no scratches, or bruises, bike totes fine. if only i was as good at racing as I was at eating ****...

Mumonkan 09-24-13 09:30 AM

haha nice, years of skater punk activity has infused good **** eating skills also

bagbalm is the tits though, i thought it weird/gross at the initial idea but was hooked after the first use

TMonk 09-24-13 10:21 AM

ill have to try it

over here it was years of honing my skills eating **** on dirt jumps with my bmx as a kid

TheRealFaux 09-26-13 10:30 PM

http://distilleryimage4.s3.amazonaws...0ae80e87_7.jpg

TMonk 09-26-13 10:51 PM

that lookx steep

hmdns 09-28-13 05:57 AM

red light means trackstand~

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.n...51575924_n.jpg



rollingshot~

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.n...85256899_n.jpg

Mumonkan 09-28-13 03:56 PM

http://distilleryimage2.s3.amazonaws...0a1fb043_7.jpg

im the guy in black.

Dannihilator 10-02-13 07:51 PM

http://imageshack.com/a/img545/9793/lwal.jpg

johnnytheboy 10-02-13 09:41 PM

^awesome!

Dannihilator 10-02-13 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnytheboy (Post 16127004)
^awesome!

Looking at the shot, I've noticed how hard I'm loading the suspension to get through that berm without losing momentum.

hmdns 10-06-13 01:32 AM

and finally, with a helmet (but still no jersey) xD

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...61680636_n.jpg

bro 11-09-13 03:14 PM

goofy photo of me riding in my swimming shorts. this bike is too small for me. hahah
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...08564151_n.jpg

Nagrom_ 11-09-13 03:15 PM

bro

hamfoh 11-10-13 10:21 PM

I'm the cool one
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.n...82688593_n.jpg

johnnytheboy 11-10-13 11:07 PM

full squish 26" for cross racing.
seems legit.

freighttraininguphill 11-11-13 09:39 AM

Having a blast riding my 42x16 Langster with the geared roadies in the hills again. This ride went through Rocklin, Loomis, and Roseville. I'm the one with the GoPro on my helmet. I managed to get a PR on the Sierra College Blvd climb, even though I climbed Mix Canyon the day before (here's the Mix ride data: http://www.strava.com/activities/94179540). I will go through the video footage later and post the highlights.

http://www.strava.com/activities/94410455

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7460/1...601e99d9_b.jpg
11-10-13 Rocklin/Loomis/Roseville SS ride by freighttraininguphill, on Flickr
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3757/1...a0597e73_b.jpg
11-10-13 Rocklin/Loomis/Roseville SS ride by freighttraininguphill, on Flickr
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7426/1...88d31105_b.jpg
11-10-13 Rocklin/Loomis/Roseville SS ride by freighttraininguphill, on Flickr
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7310/1...ff10055b_b.jpg
11-10-13 Rocklin/Loomis/Roseville SS ride by freighttraininguphill, on Flickr
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7435/1...03c39d33_b.jpg
11-10-13 Rocklin/Loomis/Roseville SS ride by freighttraininguphill, on Flickr
http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5527/1...9722d10d_b.jpg
11-10-13 Rocklin/Loomis Roseville SS ride by freighttraininguphill, on Flickr

Last month I did 9 hill repeats on Pennsylvania Ave in Fair Oaks with the same SS. Pennsylvania is .3 mile long, 5.9% average grade, and 103' of elevation gain. It starts out at 11%, levels off a little, kicks up to 15% at the intersection with Magnolia St, then levels off to around 8% for the rest of the climb. Here's the data from that ride: http://www.strava.com/activities/91124308

As usual I had my helmet-mounted GoPro recording in case anything interesting happened, so here's the highlights of that ride (caution heavy breathing!).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jpud6UBe38o

Jandro 11-18-13 07:10 PM

freighttraininguphill - You're crushing the hills and looking fatastic!! Way to go! :thumb:

Cruising up Pantoll/Panoramic HWY from Stinson Beach. This was at mile 60 and after some really hard efforts. Legs were feeling it but I still managed a PR... totally wasn't expecting it! It's been a while since I've done that climb, I must have been REALLY out of shape back then!

https://scontent-a-lax.xx.fbcdn.net/...39206683_n.jpg

Nagrom_ 11-18-13 07:59 PM

sweet package, man.

Soo__Fuego 11-18-13 08:39 PM

It's the pleats.

sheepdog84 11-19-13 10:03 AM

@Jandro how do you like that helmet? specialized seems to make nice gear. I'm kind of in the market for a winter one... one I can fit a cap under without feeling like....
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ad_3D_Land.jpg

Jandro 11-19-13 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soo__Fuego (Post 16257888)
It's the pleats.

:lol:


@sheepdog84 - I've had this helmet for almost 3 years. I love it. Fits really well, nice and light, good ventilation. 95% of the time I wear a cap underneath. The other 5% I didn't notice a difference in comfort/feel. At ~150$, it was in the right price range for my budget, too.

Nagrom_ 11-19-13 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jandro (Post 16260050)
:lol:


@sheepdog84 - I've had this helmet for almost 3 years. I love it. Fits really well, nice and light, good ventilation. 95% of the time I wear a cap underneath. The other 5% I didn't notice a difference in comfort/feel. At ~150$, it was in the right price range for my budget, too.

What size is it?


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:29 PM.