Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 62 of 65 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 1611
  1. #1526
    worship satan. johnnytheboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    USA! USA! USA!!
    My Bikes
    all of them.
    Posts
    2,352
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    full squish 26" for cross racing.
    seems legit.
    http://www.pedalroom.com/members/johnnytheboy
    ^pedalroom.

  2. #1527
    Loves to suffer freighttraininguphill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Northern California
    My Bikes
    Specialized Langster 42x16 SS, Peugeot mixte 42x16 FG, Specialized Dolce Triple & Amira Sport, Trek Wahoo 29er, Bike Friday Pocket Companion folder, TerraTrike Rover
    Posts
    2,635
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having a blast riding my 42x16 Langster with the geared roadies in the hills again. This ride went through Rocklin, Loomis, and Roseville. I'm the one with the GoPro on my helmet. I managed to get a PR on the Sierra College Blvd climb, even though I climbed Mix Canyon the day before (here's the Mix ride data: http://www.strava.com/activities/94179540). I will go through the video footage later and post the highlights.

    http://www.strava.com/activities/94410455


    11-10-13 Rocklin/Loomis/Roseville SS ride by freighttraininguphill, on Flickr

    11-10-13 Rocklin/Loomis/Roseville SS ride by freighttraininguphill, on Flickr

    11-10-13 Rocklin/Loomis/Roseville SS ride by freighttraininguphill, on Flickr

    11-10-13 Rocklin/Loomis/Roseville SS ride by freighttraininguphill, on Flickr

    11-10-13 Rocklin/Loomis/Roseville SS ride by freighttraininguphill, on Flickr

    11-10-13 Rocklin/Loomis Roseville SS ride by freighttraininguphill, on Flickr

    Last month I did 9 hill repeats on Pennsylvania Ave in Fair Oaks with the same SS. Pennsylvania is .3 mile long, 5.9% average grade, and 103' of elevation gain. It starts out at 11%, levels off a little, kicks up to 15% at the intersection with Magnolia St, then levels off to around 8% for the rest of the climb. Here's the data from that ride: http://www.strava.com/activities/91124308

    As usual I had my helmet-mounted GoPro recording in case anything interesting happened, so here's the highlights of that ride (caution heavy breathing!).

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jpud6UBe38o

  3. #1528
    Cat 5 Mod Jandro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    3,059
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    freighttraininguphill - You're crushing the hills and looking fatastic!! Way to go!

    Cruising up Pantoll/Panoramic HWY from Stinson Beach. This was at mile 60 and after some really hard efforts. Legs were feeling it but I still managed a PR... totally wasn't expecting it! It's been a while since I've done that climb, I must have been REALLY out of shape back then!

    Attack in the feeling because it says I'll win absolutely.

  4. #1529
    Morton Nagrom_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    East Bay
    My Bikes
    Kilo TT, CAAD10
    Posts
    9,703
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweet package, man.
    Quote Originally Posted by seau grateau View Post
    No offense but you're an idiot.
    PedalRoom

  5. #1530
    Senior Member Soo__Fuego's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    928
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's the pleats.

  6. #1531
    derpin'
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Illinois
    My Bikes
    CAAD10, Cinelli Vigorelli
    Posts
    340
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Jandro how do you like that helmet? specialized seems to make nice gear. I'm kind of in the market for a winter one... one I can fit a cap under without feeling like....
    http://www.pedalroom.com/members/sheepdog84

  7. #1532
    Cat 5 Mod Jandro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    3,059
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soo__Fuego View Post
    It's the pleats.



    @sheepdog84 - I've had this helmet for almost 3 years. I love it. Fits really well, nice and light, good ventilation. 95% of the time I wear a cap underneath. The other 5% I didn't notice a difference in comfort/feel. At ~150$, it was in the right price range for my budget, too.
    Attack in the feeling because it says I'll win absolutely.

  8. #1533
    Morton Nagrom_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    East Bay
    My Bikes
    Kilo TT, CAAD10
    Posts
    9,703
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jandro View Post



    @sheepdog84 - I've had this helmet for almost 3 years. I love it. Fits really well, nice and light, good ventilation. 95% of the time I wear a cap underneath. The other 5% I didn't notice a difference in comfort/feel. At ~150$, it was in the right price range for my budget, too.
    What size is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by seau grateau View Post
    No offense but you're an idiot.
    PedalRoom

  9. #1534
    Cat 5 Mod Jandro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    3,059
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagrom_ View Post
    What size is it?
    Not sure off the top of my head (haaaaaa....) but I'd guess it's a medium.
    Attack in the feeling because it says I'll win absolutely.

  10. #1535
    Morton Nagrom_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    East Bay
    My Bikes
    Kilo TT, CAAD10
    Posts
    9,703
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jandro View Post
    Not sure off the top of my head (haaaaaa....) but I'd guess it's a medium.
    Looks way bigger in the picture. I was guessing at least a niner.
    Quote Originally Posted by seau grateau View Post
    No offense but you're an idiot.
    PedalRoom

  11. #1536
    Cat 5 Mod Jandro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    3,059
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might just be the odd angle? I don't think it's particularly large.






    My next helmet will probably be a Giro. Love their hiviz stuff.
    Last edited by Jandro; 11-19-13 at 04:24 PM.
    Attack in the feeling because it says I'll win absolutely.

  12. #1537
    Morton Nagrom_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    East Bay
    My Bikes
    Kilo TT, CAAD10
    Posts
    9,703
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a bad angle. Your right wrist/forearm is in the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by seau grateau View Post
    No offense but you're an idiot.
    PedalRoom

  13. #1538
    cheese connoisseur Mumonkan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    3,947
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol, weiners.
    ride bikes, eat food. the circle of life.

  14. #1539
    Morton Nagrom_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    East Bay
    My Bikes
    Kilo TT, CAAD10
    Posts
    9,703
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think he's caught on yet.

    We're talking about your wiener, Jandro.
    Quote Originally Posted by seau grateau View Post
    No offense but you're an idiot.
    PedalRoom

  15. #1540
    Cat 5 Mod Jandro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    3,059
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagrom_ View Post
    I don't think he's caught on yet.

    We're talking about your wiener, Jandro.
    I was wondering why you were referencing mountain bikes ("niner"). Ugh. Rough day at work, can't brain anymore.

    I need a nap.
    Attack in the feeling because it says I'll win absolutely.

  16. #1541
    Morton Nagrom_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    East Bay
    My Bikes
    Kilo TT, CAAD10
    Posts
    9,703
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jandro View Post
    I need a nap.
    At least you carry around a permanent body pillow.
    Quote Originally Posted by seau grateau View Post
    No offense but you're an idiot.
    PedalRoom

  17. #1542
    Senior Member SpeshulEd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Peoria, AZ
    Posts
    3,475
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What just happened to this thread?
    Hey guys, lets go play bikes!

    Strava

  18. #1543
    worship satan. johnnytheboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    USA! USA! USA!!
    My Bikes
    all of them.
    Posts
    2,352
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    they're just dicking around.
    http://www.pedalroom.com/members/johnnytheboy
    ^pedalroom.

  19. #1544
    cheese connoisseur Mumonkan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    3,947
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ride bikes, eat food. the circle of life.

  20. #1545
    Loves to suffer freighttraininguphill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Northern California
    My Bikes
    Specialized Langster 42x16 SS, Peugeot mixte 42x16 FG, Specialized Dolce Triple & Amira Sport, Trek Wahoo 29er, Bike Friday Pocket Companion folder, TerraTrike Rover
    Posts
    2,635
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jandro, that pic of you climbing with the other rider makes me want to go hammer up a hill!

    Here's a pic of me on last weekend's group ride from Folsom to Newcastle. This was after all the good climbs were done. From here it was a fast, mostly downhill run back to Folsom. I was with the fastest riders until I got a red light I'm the second rider with the GoPro on my helmet as usual.


    WAV Riders Folsom, Loomis, Newcastle ride 11-16-13 by freighttraininguphill, on Flickr

    I got PRs on the three good climbs on the ride (http://www.strava.com/activities/95477358). Here's video of the two steepest ones: Chili Hill Road (entire climb) and the final steep section on Bald Hill Road (caution heavy breathing!).

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdXmO7WmvtU


    When I climbed Mix Canyon on the 9th I was with four other riders. One had their own helmet-mounted GoPro. I loaned cameras to the other three riders to mount on their helmets. The results were some good screenshots of me climbing and plenty of video of the climb and descent. I posted all of that in the NorCal subforum here.

  21. #1546
    Senior Member hmdns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    My Bikes
    Bridgestone NJS
    Posts
    260
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just had a sunday relax ride around town...

    why should we stop when we don't have any brakes at all ?
    #brakelessFTW

  22. #1547
    Brown Bear, Sqrl Hunter Jaytron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    My Bikes
    CAAD 10 4, Dolan DF4, Fuji Track Classic
    Posts
    4,292
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From the track day with Jandro months ago.

    PedalRoom

    Hey I just met you,
    and this is crazy,
    but here's my Strava,
    follow me maybe.

  23. #1548
    Senior Member rex615's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cherryville, NC
    Posts
    979
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaytron View Post
    From the track day with Jandro months ago.

    Great photo!!

  24. #1549
    Not actually Tmonk TMonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    My Bikes
    caad9, capo (fixed), centurion dave scott 10sp, dolan pre cursa (track)
    Posts
    6,202
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what event? who won?
    "Your beauty is an aeroplane;
    so high, my heart cannot bear the strain." -A.C. Jobim, Triste

  25. #1550
    Senior Member iTripped's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    My Bikes
    Phil Barge Pista SC
    Posts
    518
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freighttraininguphill View Post
    Having a blast riding my 42x16 Langster with the geared roadies in the hills again. This ride went through Rocklin, Loomis, and Roseville. I'm the one with the GoPro on my helmet. I managed to get a PR on the Sierra College Blvd climb, even though I climbed Mix Canyon the day before (here's the Mix ride data: http://www.strava.com/activities/94179540). I will go through the video footage later and post the highlights.

    http://www.strava.com/activities/94410455


    11-10-13 Rocklin/Loomis/Roseville SS ride by freighttraininguphill, on Flickr

    11-10-13 Rocklin/Loomis/Roseville SS ride by freighttraininguphill, on Flickr

    11-10-13 Rocklin/Loomis/Roseville SS ride by freighttraininguphill, on Flickr

    11-10-13 Rocklin/Loomis/Roseville SS ride by freighttraininguphill, on Flickr

    11-10-13 Rocklin/Loomis/Roseville SS ride by freighttraininguphill, on Flickr

    11-10-13 Rocklin/Loomis Roseville SS ride by freighttraininguphill, on Flickr

    Last month I did 9 hill repeats on Pennsylvania Ave in Fair Oaks with the same SS. Pennsylvania is .3 mile long, 5.9% average grade, and 103' of elevation gain. It starts out at 11%, levels off a little, kicks up to 15% at the intersection with Magnolia St, then levels off to around 8% for the rest of the climb. Here's the data from that ride: http://www.strava.com/activities/91124308

    As usual I had my helmet-mounted GoPro recording in case anything interesting happened, so here's the highlights of that ride (caution heavy breathing!).

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jpud6UBe38o
    freighttrain, either you have lost a lot of weight or those riding shorts are very slimming! Either way, your video posts are inspiring as always. Thanks for that
    http://www.pedalroom.com/member/itripped

Page 62 of 65 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •