Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 31
  1. #1
    Member IonSpeedMaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    44
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    New Camera = New Pix

    Finally got around to getting a new camera. I've posted this before after I initially converted but have made some minor changes in the meantime. I chopped the bars a little more, corked the ends, added the schwinn logo up front, swapped the 16t for a 17t (so I can has more skidzzzzz), swapped for a tektro lever and shortened cable, swapped for new seat, added rear light, and just put a conti gatorskin on the rear today...the cheap stock Kenda finally popped. Played with a few borders too






  2. #2
    Member biteme143's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    33
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holy crap no straps or toe clips, trying to kill your self?

  3. #3
    Sailin' On solly81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    left of the dial
    Posts
    86
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1) There is a thread for this, so please don't waste space.
    2) Who really cares about your bike?

  4. #4
    :jarckass: deathhare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Nashville
    Posts
    6,563
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by solly81 View Post
    1) There is a thread for this, so please don't waste space.
    2) Who really cares about your bike?
    Yes, there is a thread..and this is it...>> Jackass BFSSFG poseur tarck bicyclist of the day

  5. #5
    Senior Member JayNev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    842
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what are those pedals. yikes
    i'll coast when i'm dead

  6. #6
    Member IonSpeedMaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    44
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    haha I dunno, stupid ones that were on there when I bought the bike at a garage sale. Work fine for me i guess

  7. #7
    Perineal Pressurized dobber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    In Ebritated
    Posts
    6,556
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by solly81 View Post
    1) There is a thread for this, so please don't waste space.
    2) Who really cares about your bike?

    Yes, please respect the rulez

    We need to conserve server space for why Solly81 has a stick up his kester.
    This is Africa, 1943. War spits out its violence overhead and the sandy graveyard swallows it up. Her name is King Nine, B-25, medium bomber, Twelfth Air Force. On a hot, still morning she took off from Tunisia to bomb the southern tip of Italy. An errant piece of flak tore a hole in a wing tank and, like a wounded bird, this is where she landed, not to return on this day, or any other day.

  8. #8
    Senior Member startedspyder05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Mankato, MN
    Posts
    262
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sweet buy and congrats on the camera. I have that exact frame/fork in a different color purchased for $30 that I'm going to build up into my first fixed. It's awesome to see it built up and I can't wait to finish mine. Thanks for posting that


    I care...

  9. #9
    Sailin' On solly81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    left of the dial
    Posts
    86
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dobber View Post
    Yes, please respect the rulez

    We need to conserve server space for why Solly81 has a stick up his kester.

    Give me a brake (get it?). I am just tired of sifting through 800 new posts everyday of people either a) asking whether they should convert bike x or buy a kilo, b) looking for some sort of affirmation of their conversion skills, or c) asking if something is a "good deal"

    I appreciated people being stoked on their bikes, but the redundancy of this forum is beyond belief sometimes. And I know, I know it is THE INTERNET, and it is my choice to come here and sort through the crap, and it is the prerogative of the individual to post whatever s/he chooses, BUT this does not belie the fact that a majority of the threads on here are a useless waste of time/space and ultimately amount to a "who gives a f'uck?" since the 'brown shirts' moved in.

  10. #10
    Senior Member startedspyder05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Mankato, MN
    Posts
    262
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's just the ass stick talking.

  11. #11
    Sailin' On solly81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    left of the dial
    Posts
    86
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maybe.

  12. #12
    asphalt demon Redline927's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    288
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by solly81 View Post
    Give me a brake (get it?). I am just tired of sifting through 800 new posts everyday of people either a) asking whether they should convert bike x or buy a kilo, b) looking for some sort of affirmation of their conversion skills, or c) asking if something is a "good deal"

    I appreciated people being stoked on their bikes, but the redundancy of this forum is beyond belief sometimes. And I know, I know it is THE INTERNET, and it is my choice to come here and sort through the crap, and it is the prerogative of the individual to post whatever s/he chooses, BUT this does not belie the fact that a majority of the threads on here are a useless waste of time/space and ultimately amount to a "who gives a f'uck?" since the 'brown shirts' moved in.
    You take this **** way to seriously. Get a life bro.

  13. #13
    Custom User Title anthegreat1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    450
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thats what a forum is. pages and pages of 80% useless info.

    OP Nice bike
    yes . . . .my legs are sore

    BikeNinja

  14. #14
    Cat 7 Pro
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    My Bikes
    Fuji Roubaix Pro
    Posts
    448
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by solly81 View Post
    Give me a brake (get it?). I am just tired of sifting through 800 new posts everyday of people either a) asking whether they should convert bike x or buy a kilo, b) looking for some sort of affirmation of their conversion skills, or c) asking if something is a "good deal"

    I appreciated people being stoked on their bikes, but the redundancy of this forum is beyond belief sometimes. And I know, I know it is THE INTERNET, and it is my choice to come here and sort through the crap, and it is the prerogative of the individual to post whatever s/he chooses, BUT this does not belie the fact that a majority of the threads on here are a useless waste of time/space and ultimately amount to a "who gives a f'uck?" since the 'brown shirts' moved in.
    If you don't give a f***... then don't respond.

  15. #15
    Senior Member Thetank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,031
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice conversion, didn't take long for someone to mention how not having clips or straps is dangerous. I guess people get a ***** around here if they get to say "Foot Retention" in a thread first.

    Anyhoo, that's a sweet looking job on that bike. My first fixed gear was a schwinn conversion and it looked somewhat similar. Have fun with it.

  16. #16
    bank robber burger hockdub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    coloradical
    My Bikes
    fuji thrill mountain bike, caloi rat rod beach cruiser, fuji sports ten fixie
    Posts
    147
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetank View Post
    Nice conversion, didn't take long for someone to mention how not having clips or straps is dangerous. I guess people get a ***** around here if they get to say "Foot Retention" in a thread first.

    Anyhoo, that's a sweet looking job on that bike. My first fixed gear was a schwinn conversion and it looked somewhat similar. Have fun with it.
    hahaha

    nice bike. if you so decide to upgrade to metal pedals, there are tons of options too. i think those are cruiser pedals and thats the reason u cant run straps or clips on them. at least you have a handbrake incase you get a little squirrelly.

    bike looks good!
    daily driver
    weekend warrior


    your drinking club has a biking problem
    fifty two eighty

  17. #17
    Senior Member powerband's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    764
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice bike!
    Did you paint it? If so, what method?
    Go Hard

  18. #18
    Member IonSpeedMaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    44
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the positive comments from the more mature people. I'm used to riding my road bike without clips or straps and once I started riding this I really didnt see the need to have clips either, they seem dangerous to me but oh well. Yes I painted it myself. Removed all the brake brackets and everything I didnt want on the frame first, then used Krylon primer, paint, and gloss. If youre going to rattlecan, stick with krylon

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Stevens Point/Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    440
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not to burn you, but isn't the rainbow reserved for bikes that have won world championships?

  20. #20
    Senior Member powerband's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    764
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IonSpeedMaster View Post
    Thanks for the positive comments from the more mature people. I'm used to riding my road bike without clips or straps and once I started riding this I really didnt see the need to have clips either, they seem dangerous to me but oh well. Yes I painted it myself. Removed all the brake brackets and everything I didnt want on the frame first, then used Krylon primer, paint, and gloss. If youre going to rattlecan, stick with krylon
    Thanks for sharing, ISM. How old is the paint job and how has it been holding up?
    Go Hard

  21. #21
    omgmarclol omgmarclol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    150
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh man, that means every newer pista has won a world championship and that all the cool kids are world champions!! omgwtfbbqsauce

  22. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Stevens Point/Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    440
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by omgmarclol View Post
    omgwtfbbqsauce
    that doesn't get old thanks

  23. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    65
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last picture is soft...

    What kind of camera did you get?

  24. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    54
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by solly81 View Post
    Give me a brake (get it?). I am just tired of sifting through 800 new posts everyday of people either a) asking whether they should convert bike x or buy a kilo, b) looking for some sort of affirmation of their conversion skills, or c) asking if something is a "good deal"

    I appreciated people being stoked on their bikes, but the redundancy of this forum is beyond belief sometimes. And I know, I know it is THE INTERNET, and it is my choice to come here and sort through the crap, and it is the prerogative of the individual to post whatever s/he chooses, BUT this does not belie the fact that a majority of the threads on here are a useless waste of time/space and ultimately amount to a "who gives a f'uck?" since the 'brown shirts' moved in.
    Really though, there's a thread called "New camera = New pix", what the hell did you expect it to have in it, a deep discussion of different cranksets?

  25. #25
    Senior Member SingleSpeeDemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    My Bikes
    Schwinn Peloton Pro, Colnago Master, Vision R40, Volae Club, Raleigh Record
    Posts
    1,958
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was expecting something about cameras or picture taking in general.

    Foot retention. Is still gives me a woody even if I didn't say it first.
    My Current Bikes:

    • 1993 Giant Kronos
    • 1974 Zeus (in restoration)
    • Cruzbike Silvio

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •