Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 33
  1. #1
    Hip-star jhaber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    630
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Infinity MPG Threadless Tee Reprtinted on Sale $15/$17 reflective ink!

    Posted about this shirt before. Guess it was reprinted due to high demand.

    This time however they have reprinted with the option of using really cool reflective ink and it looks like the guy modeling the shirt on the product page is holding a fixed gear bike.

    Infinity_MPG



    \

    Hipster Girl:

  2. #2
    freelance gangster
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    377
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah that looks like the SE Premium Brew

  3. #3
    No plan. peabodypride's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    2,744
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    this man looks like he hates his life (read: wants to be an american apparel model, but is too fat)

  4. #4
    No plan. peabodypride's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    2,744
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jhaber View Post
    Hipster Girl:
    I think you mean hipster tranny. That is seriously a manface on estrogen, no joking.

  5. #5
    attention disordered What's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Seattle
    My Bikes
    A fast one, a durable one and a fun one.
    Posts
    182
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by peabodypride View Post

    this man looks like he hates his life (read: wants to be an american apparel model, but is too fat)

    Glad to see Nick Nolte find a solution to his DUI problem.
    Thin line between heaven and here.

  6. #6
    FNG Jabba Degrassi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    My Bikes
    2008 IRO Angus, 2008 Jamis Exile 29er
    Posts
    2,313
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Allow me to be the first in this thread to point out that you will not go infinity miles on one gallon of gasoline on a bicycle, you will probably just keel over and die because you just drank a gallon of gasoline.

    Furthermore, if you consider the amount of petroleum used in the manufacturing of a bicycle, the distance most food has to travel before it reaches or plates, and the amount of petroleum-based pesticides and fertilizers used in modern industrial farming, each of us does "consume" a certain amount of "petrol" per calorie, and, therefore, we do "burn" a certain amount of fuel for each mile ridden on a bicycle.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Stevens Point/Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    440
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and all the rubber particles you leave on the streets..

    I have to reconsider cycling.. sh8t

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    32
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, but the amount of gas used to manufacture a car and all it's parts, and the gas used to deliver gas to a gas-station is not represented in the MPG values for a car. Thus, there is no need to consider those when determining the MPG for a bicycle.

    Cool shirt, may consider buying.

  9. #9
    No Sidewalks. capolover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chicago Ill
    My Bikes
    Cannondale Capo.
    Posts
    571
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabba Degrassi View Post
    Allow me to be the first in this thread to point out that you will not go infinity miles on one gallon of gasoline on a bicycle, you will probably just keel over and die because you just drank a gallon of gasoline.

    Furthermore, if you consider the amount of petroleum used in the manufacturing of a bicycle, the distance most food has to travel before it reaches or plates, and the amount of petroleum-based pesticides and fertilizers used in modern industrial farming, each of us does "consume" a certain amount of "petrol" per calorie, and, therefore, we do "burn" a certain amount of fuel for each mile ridden on a bicycle.
    Fuel we'd burn anyway sitting in a car because people still eat even if they don't ride a bicycle so the base is the same. So why argue over a base of 1 vs a base of 1?

    Unless you're a massive fat person... and then your ass wouldn't be on a bike anyway.

    Chain lube probably has some oil in it though.

    Also... that' girls face is pretty harsh.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Thetank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,031
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If people are buying these to show how green their bike riding is they don't realize that unless someone delivers these to you by bike you're really just part of the problem.

  11. #11
    No Sidewalks. capolover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chicago Ill
    My Bikes
    Cannondale Capo.
    Posts
    571
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetank View Post
    If people are buying these to show how green their bike riding is they don't realize that unless someone delivers these to you by bike you're really just part of the problem.
    So the one act of getting the shirt in the mail cancels out thousands of gallons you wouldn't buy by commuting by bike?

    logicalFAIL.

  12. #12
    Custom User Title anthegreat1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    450
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why don't we all just walk then, naked?
    yes . . . .my legs are sore

    BikeNinja

  13. #13
    Senior Member SheistyMike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    160
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anthegreat1 View Post
    why don't we all just walk then, naked?
    Can't. Walking burns too many calories.

  14. #14
    Senior Member powerband's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    764
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We always burn fuel, but it should be obvious we burn less fuel by riding a bicycle. In any case, for me, it's not entirely about saving the earth as it is saving a few bucks at the pump. And having fun riding a bike.
    Go Hard

  15. #15
    FNG Jabba Degrassi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    My Bikes
    2008 IRO Angus, 2008 Jamis Exile 29er
    Posts
    2,313
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by capolover View Post
    Fuel we'd burn anyway sitting in a car because people still eat even if they don't ride a bicycle so the base is the same. So why argue over a base of 1 vs a base of 1?

    Unless you're a massive fat person... and then your ass wouldn't be on a bike anyway.

    Chain lube probably has some oil in it though.

    Also... that' girls face is pretty harsh.
    All I'm saying is that a human being on a bicycle burns x mpg where x<infinity, and, therefore, that shirt is st00pid.

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Stevens Point/Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    440
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    omg mr. serious.

  17. #17
    Senior Member beeftech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn finally.
    My Bikes
    Bianchi San Jose, fixed
    Posts
    832
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow...
    People take **** way toooooooo ****ing seriously...

  18. #18
    FNG Jabba Degrassi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    My Bikes
    2008 IRO Angus, 2008 Jamis Exile 29er
    Posts
    2,313
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah man, I'm so serious about this. It's not like I'm being pedantic and contrary for my own amusement. Nope, I'm genuinely, seriously upset about this t-shirt.

    I mean, when even threadless.com t-shirts can't be counted on for accuracy and objectivity, who do we turn to?

  19. #19
    moving target c0urt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    birmingham, al
    My Bikes
    a masi speciale, and a kuota k-factor.
    Posts
    2,826
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by beeftech View Post
    Wow...
    People take **** way toooooooo ****ing seriously...
    +10
    how to tape your bars http://www.flickr.com/photos/89572419@N00/sets/72157629279270681/

  20. #20
    Finnish Aussie Pete J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Posts
    62
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought one of those shirts a while back, unfortunately i picked the wrong size and still haven't worn it.
    Aaaahhh the joys of online shopping...

  21. #21
    No plan. peabodypride's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    2,744
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    can we all go back to making fun of that "girl's" face now?

  22. #22
    Ride for Life wearyourtruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    2,729
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    those whining that everything consumes energy and therefore we shouldn't do anything need to get off their high horse, then get off bikeforums, then shut their computers down and leave the energy wasting to those of us who want to talk about the androgynous girl
    before posting, a "noob" should always ask themselves "could this have been answered by first visiting Sheldon Brown

    -Tim-
    www.velocipedebikeproject.org

  23. #23
    FNG Jabba Degrassi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    My Bikes
    2008 IRO Angus, 2008 Jamis Exile 29er
    Posts
    2,313
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wearyourtruth View Post
    those whining that everything consumes energy and therefore we shouldn't do anything need to get off their high horse, then get off bikeforums, then shut their computers down and leave the energy wasting to those of us who want to talk about the androgynous girl
    Who's whining? I'm not saying "don't ride a bike because it uses some fuel in an indirect way," I'm saying "a human being on a bicycle burns x mpg where x<infinity."

    I don't have a problem with this, I'm not suggesting we "shouldn't do anything," I'm a fan of things, I like doing them, that t-shirt is just wrong. It is factually incorrect.

    Also, in the spirit of being contrary, I think that girl is hot. I don't care if she's a dude.

  24. #24
    Senior Member beeftech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn finally.
    My Bikes
    Bianchi San Jose, fixed
    Posts
    832
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabba Degrassi View Post
    I'm a fan of things, I like doing them, that t-shirt is just wrong. It is factually incorrect.
    Oh your one of those people...

    Your right people better not buy this, people might actually take the shirt as factual reference.
    Thanks for warning me though, I almost cited this shirt for an essay.

  25. #25
    FNG Jabba Degrassi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    My Bikes
    2008 IRO Angus, 2008 Jamis Exile 29er
    Posts
    2,313
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by beeftech View Post
    Oh your one of those people...

    Your right people better not buy this, people might actually take the shirt as factual reference.
    Thanks for warning me though, I almost cited this shirt for an essay.
    "You're."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •