Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 35
  1. #1
    baby eater! oktokrewl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    bushwick, brooklyn
    My Bikes
    fuji track '06, fixed lowrider, fixed folding bike
    Posts
    408
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    now i live in baltimore...

    hi everyone.. i haven't been around here very much lately.. i moved back to LA from the caribbean and had friends again.. and rad stuff that i could go out do.. so, yeah, i wasn't on the copmuter that much anymore.. and i didn't have internet access all the time, so you know, i went out and did stuff in real life..

    but now i don't live in LA anymore.. i live in baltimore!

    and i have no friends..

    and don't really know of many cool things to do..

    help me out!

    i found velocipede and the cool little bike shop that opened down the street from them.. and i live about 6 doors down from red emma's, which i went to and its awesome.. i found the like 2 vegan restaurants that exist here (yabba pot and liquid earth).. oh and i saw someone get mugged the first 6 hours i was here.. hurray for brutal! i also made it up to timonium to go rock climbing.. besides that i dont really know what else to do..

    what is fun and super bad in the bmore?

    thank you for your time and have a good evening

    ok..bye

    and happy almost anti-christ mas!

  2. #2
    Ride for Life wearyourtruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    2,718
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    many vegan people like One World on university across from hopkins.

    there's a group that plays bike polo (grass) every week. shop gentei has lots of really expensive track ****. the charles and the senator are cool (theaters). we used to have an informal wed. night ride, but people have wussed out in the cold. if you like museums, the walters and the BMA are freeeeeee. if you like good beer go to the brewer's art in mt. vernon. if you like good beer on tap and don't mind ******-bags, go to max's in fells point.

    if you come hang out at velocipede, i'm there at least once a week (i'm currently the "president"). the people are cool and i'm sure others have plenty of suggestions, or will just ride with you.
    before posting, a "noob" should always ask themselves "could this have been answered by first visiting Sheldon Brown

    -Tim-
    www.velocipedebikeproject.org

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    424
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope the cool little bike shop was us: Baltimore Bicycle Works

    Welcome to brawltimore! If you like great beer and wicked good french fries I recommend The Brewer's Art, the Ottobar usually has cool things going on, oh and I think One World Cafe has a lot of good vegan food.

  4. #4
    big ring MIN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    philadelphia
    Posts
    5,839
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My condolences.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    NYC
    My Bikes
    Bikes
    Posts
    48
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best shows Charm City Art Space/ Ottobar. Go to Liquid Earth and say hi to Charlie for me. Get used to potholes and the I-83 segregation.

    Im in the same boat. Just moved to Olympia and Im still getting used to the hippies. I dont know a single person.

  6. #6
    baby eater! oktokrewl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    bushwick, brooklyn
    My Bikes
    fuji track '06, fixed lowrider, fixed folding bike
    Posts
    408
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wearyourtruth View Post
    many vegan people like One World on university across from hopkins.

    if you come hang out at velocipede, i'm there at least once a week (i'm currently the "president"). the people are cool and i'm sure others have plenty of suggestions, or will just ride with you.
    I think I met you?.. me and my husband came in last wednesday.. i have blonde dreadlocks and a devil lock... he is very skinny.. we are both short..

    Quote Originally Posted by taken67 View Post
    I hope the cool little bike shop was us: Baltimore Bicycle Works

    Welcome to brawltimore! If you like great beer and wicked good french fries I recommend The Brewer's Art, the Ottobar usually has cool things going on, oh and I think One World Cafe has a lot of good vegan food.
    thanks for the welcome and yes your cool little shop is definitely the one i was talking about.. i just didn't know the name.. i am gunna go and order some stuff from you soon, so beware

    oh and btw i grew up in LA.. jesus ****ing christ its cold here.. my stupid white girl face turns bright red in this freezing windy ass city.. god damn.. its so cold outside.. but i guess i'll get use to it..

    and thanks everyone for the heads up on the good bars and more vegan food! yeayy! see you around and look for me on my bright green deep v's

  7. #7
    Nymphomaniactionhero RichPugh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    My Bikes
    07' Specialized Langster Comp, 04' Bianchi Pista Concept
    Posts
    496
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn... I had a lovely reply all typed out and I got logged off somehow. Screw it...

    Welcome to Bawlmore. BaltBikeWorks is rad. ShopGentei is rad. Mt. Vernon is rad. Vegetarian dining is abundant here. Vegan isnt too hard to find. Communist coffee/book stores are rad. One World is rad. Wed nights were rad (so I've heard). How are the mild hills here compared to LA? Dealing ok? Running brake(s)? Dont go towards the blue flashing lights (not bad in Fells really), dont ever let a kid ride your bike when he asks "Yo lemme ride that junx", watch for lightrail and old streetcar tracks, get used to road work and potholes, if you get mugged, just tell them youre a broke ass art school kid and give them the $4 you have in your wallet (if you must walk around with more than $4, keep the real cash in a sock or secret pocket or something)...

    Baltimore is not that bad. You just gotta have (learn) some street smarts and you'll figure it out really quick. My girlfriend and I are both in Federal Hill. both vegetarian and both homebodies so if you guys are looking to veg out (no pun intended) and chill sometime, lemme know.

    -Rich

  8. #8
    Senior Member 1fluffhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    baltimore
    My Bikes
    Pake Track; Bianchi XL EV2 El Reparto Corse, Kona Jake the Snake
    Posts
    1,663
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I live in Hampden about a block off of 36th street (aka the Avenue, but not the one in White Marsh). Here is a link to some stuff do eat and do here: http://www.hampdenmerchants.com/id7.html

    I would recommend Golden West for some good eats. Also Rocket to Venus has veggie wimpies that are nice. They do a happy hour beer special of 3 shorties for $3. They are located next to the famed 34th Street where the whole block lights up with Xmas lights. Very tacky, but still worth checking out. Atomic books on Falls Road (and 36th street) is a cool bookstore. Not your national chain store thing at all.

    If you have no plans for New Years, come to 34th street at midnight. Well come a little before to hang out in the street and drink. The hampdenites all come out to have a mini Times Square event. Basically they have a fake ball drop from a telephone pole and when it turns 2009 a local comes out in a diaper and handlebar mustache as baby new year. Very funny. Usually the street fills up and it is a good time.

    We have a decent farmers market here every Saturday morning year round. It is in Waverly. Basically on the corners of 33rd street and Barclay. Here is the link http://www.32ndstreetmarket.org/ I do most of my veggie shopping here. Can also get good coffee from Zeke's, breads and sweets from Atwaters, roasted, salted or spiced nuts. It is much better in warmer weather, but even in the cold you can get all that you need.

    If you like art, my favorite place is the American Visionary Art Musuem. http://www.avam.org/ It is downtown on the far side of the harbor. Not boring stuff like oil on canvas fruit paintings.
    Quote Originally Posted by diff_lock2 View Post
    so what if it's custom, are you suddenly NOT a jackass?

  9. #9
    partly metal, partly real sp00ki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Philadelphia.
    My Bikes
    Hummer H2
    Posts
    3,597
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MIN View Post
    My condolences.
    i was gonna say.
    i'm vegan and visited bmore last year for a few days.

    hope you like chinese food...



    the crackheads are nice though.
    Quote Originally Posted by bonechilling View Post
    Road [racing] is one of the only sports where adult men can compete in a non-scholastic setting, so inevitably 8/10 racers are fiercely-competitive nobodies. It's fun as hell, but it's also the foremost refuge of defeated and aging jocks, turned middle-management types.

  10. #10
    Senior Member patrickgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Towson, MD
    My Bikes
    Windsor "The Hour"
    Posts
    361
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're looking for a badass little pub to have some beer/food, go down to Thames Street (if you're coming from the north, take broadway south til the end, then take a right) and look for Duda's. You won't be disappointed.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZiP0082 View Post
    my opinion is more correct than your opinion

  11. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    South-Central PA
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to live there...I wish I had never left...

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    424
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1fluffhead View Post
    We have a decent farmers market here every Saturday morning year round. It is in Waverly. Basically on the corners of 33rd street and Barclay. Here is the link http://www.32ndstreetmarket.org/ I do most of my veggie shopping here. Can also get good coffee from Zeke's, breads and sweets from Atwaters, roasted, salted or spiced nuts. It is much better in warmer weather, but even in the cold you can get all that you need.
    ^this

  13. #13
    Senior Member rduenas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    718
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sp00ki View Post
    i was gonna say.
    i'm vegan and visited bmore last year for a few days.

    hope you like chinese food...



    the crackheads are nice though.
    Sure it was bmore? Maybe it was sf.

  14. #14
    Senior Member patrickgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Towson, MD
    My Bikes
    Windsor "The Hour"
    Posts
    361
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RichPugh View Post
    Damn... I had a lovely reply all typed out and I got logged off somehow. Screw it...

    Welcome to Bawlmore. BaltBikeWorks is rad. ShopGentei is rad. Mt. Vernon is rad. Vegetarian dining is abundant here. Vegan isnt too hard to find. Communist coffee/book stores are rad. One World is rad. Wed nights were rad (so I've heard). How are the mild hills here compared to LA? Dealing ok? Running brake(s)? Dont go towards the blue flashing lights (not bad in Fells really), dont ever let a kid ride your bike when he asks "Yo lemme ride that junx", watch for lightrail and old streetcar tracks, get used to road work and potholes, if you get mugged, just tell them youre a broke ass art school kid and give them the $4 you have in your wallet (if you must walk around with more than $4, keep the real cash in a sock or secret pocket or something)...

    Baltimore is not that bad. You just gotta have (learn) some street smarts and you'll figure it out really quick. My girlfriend and I are both in Federal Hill. both vegetarian and both homebodies so if you guys are looking to veg out (no pun intended) and chill sometime, lemme know.

    -Rich

    Do you know a Alex S. ? He has curly black hair, kinda greek looking.. rides a bianchi pista? He lives in Federal Hill as well
    Quote Originally Posted by ZiP0082 View Post
    my opinion is more correct than your opinion

  15. #15
    partly metal, partly real sp00ki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Philadelphia.
    My Bikes
    Hummer H2
    Posts
    3,597
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rduenas View Post
    Sure it was bmore? Maybe it was sf.
    no, it was baltimore. my options for veg food were fries or chinese.
    Quote Originally Posted by bonechilling View Post
    Road [racing] is one of the only sports where adult men can compete in a non-scholastic setting, so inevitably 8/10 racers are fiercely-competitive nobodies. It's fun as hell, but it's also the foremost refuge of defeated and aging jocks, turned middle-management types.

  16. #16
    Ride for Life wearyourtruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    2,718
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you didn't have a good guide then.

    p.s. if anyone hasn't heard, the garlic rosemary fries at the brewer's art are fried in duck fat... just fyi.
    before posting, a "noob" should always ask themselves "could this have been answered by first visiting Sheldon Brown

    -Tim-
    www.velocipedebikeproject.org

  17. #17
    Senior Member patrickgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Towson, MD
    My Bikes
    Windsor "The Hour"
    Posts
    361
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wearyourtruth View Post
    you didn't have a good guide then.

    p.s. if anyone hasn't heard, the garlic rosemary fries at the brewer's art are fried in duck fat... just fyi.
    That sounds delicious. My friend just moved into Mt. Vernon, right around the corner from brewer's art
    Quote Originally Posted by ZiP0082 View Post
    my opinion is more correct than your opinion

  18. #18
    Ride for Life wearyourtruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    2,718
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it is, but most of my vegetarian/vegan friends didn't know this... oops
    before posting, a "noob" should always ask themselves "could this have been answered by first visiting Sheldon Brown

    -Tim-
    www.velocipedebikeproject.org

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    113
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wearyourtruth View Post
    you didn't have a good guide then.

    p.s. if anyone hasn't heard, the garlic rosemary fries at the brewer's art are fried in duck fat... just fyi.
    This is not actually true. From their website:

    "The french fry controversy:
    Folks, our fries have never been
    cooked in duck fat, no matter what
    the City Paper said in their "Best of
    Baltimore" issue. They are cooked
    in canola oil. Vegetarians, rest
    assured! (and we do appreciate the
    kudos in spite of their error)"

    http://www.belgianbeer.com/new.html

    Regardless of what they're fried in, those fries are freaking delicious
    Salsa La Cruz--one bike for everything

  20. #20
    Inebriated Ninja Hatters BMonei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    294
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Mt.Vernon Stable on Charles St. between E Read and E Eager has always treated me well with veggiwraps and strong G&Ts. Cheapcheap$$$$$$.

  21. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    52
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also just moved to B-town. I am living in Federal Hill. Look for me on my tarcked out IRO BFSSFGGB. I have a few practical bikes, but I wanted a tarck one as well. Don't worry, I will put pictures up soon.

  22. #22
    Ride for Life wearyourtruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    2,718
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by popsicleian View Post
    This is not actually true. From their website:

    "The french fry controversy:
    Folks, our fries have never been
    cooked in duck fat, no matter what
    the City Paper said in their "Best of
    Baltimore" issue. They are cooked
    in canola oil. Vegetarians, rest
    assured! (and we do appreciate the
    kudos in spite of their error)"

    http://www.belgianbeer.com/new.html

    Regardless of what they're fried in, those fries are freaking delicious
    that's good to hear. sometime's the city paper's "research" makes me wonder...
    before posting, a "noob" should always ask themselves "could this have been answered by first visiting Sheldon Brown

    -Tim-
    www.velocipedebikeproject.org

  23. #23
    Nymphomaniactionhero RichPugh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    My Bikes
    07' Specialized Langster Comp, 04' Bianchi Pista Concept
    Posts
    496
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brewers used to have "Duck Fat Fries" IIRC. Now Annabel Lee's has them over in Canton (ex Brewers employee Kurt opened Annabel Lees). They have sweet potato fries at Annabel Lees too which are vegetarian. Plus spinach ravioli... Mmmm...

    Those guys are all right. Golden West is a great bar and restaraunt. Holy Frijoles is a great mexi place with good beer and atmosphere. Vegetarian easy... not sure what vegan options they have. I think a few burritos are vegan. RTV is always a go-to for beers and free wasabi peanuts LOL. Veggie is easy to come by. Vegan is a bit harder to find but there are options.

    Quote Originally Posted by patrickgh View Post
    Do you know a Alex S. ? He has curly black hair, kinda greek looking.. rides a bianchi pista? He lives in Federal Hill as well

    You know, I've seen a guy riding a Celeste BPC in Federal Hill up light street but I've never talked to him or riden with him. I am sure we've hung out somewhere along the line.

  24. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    36
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wham city

  25. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    four 1 OHHH , Maryland
    My Bikes
    nagasawa, fuji track pro
    Posts
    2,573
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if u wanna ride bmore, hit me up

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •