I got this "Raleigh USA Dash Plus CX" from Craigslist for $75. It has Shimano 100GS components. Rides pretty good, the shifting is incredibly smooth, and it brakes very well.
Anyone have any ideas on improving it's appearance? I think fixed gear always has the best style so I'd love your opinions. I removed all the reflectors and lights (will add an electric light later) and so far the only ideas have been:
1. straight bars (if they're comfortable, never tried them)
2. removing decals (if they're not clear coated on)
3. replacing the plastic pedals with caged or just platforms
4. removing the quick release from the seat and front tire
5. replacing the seat with a more narrow design
6. replacing the tires with a narrower set
7. painting the wheels all black (if i can figure that one out)
Any additional ideas on the paint scheme, or anything to add or take away to make it look and or perform better would be much appreciated.
Oh, and the bike will be used basically for exercise and getting to the store that's about 1 mile from me, ha.