Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > >

Singlespeed & Fixed Gear "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!"-- Henri Desgrange (31 January 1865 - 16 August 1940)

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-12-09, 10:04 AM   #1
redeemed
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Chicago, IL
Bikes:
Posts: 82
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sugino 75 and Miche bb

For those of you running a miche primato track bottom bracket with sugino 75 cranks, what spindle length did you go with? I know that the 75 bb is 109mm. The miche bb comes in 107mm and 110mm, so neither are perfect.. but is one more recommended over another?

Also, for those of you with the miche bb, I've read about the cups coming loose and constantly needing tightening.. have you experienced this personally?


Thanks.
redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-09, 10:26 AM   #2
cramdangle
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Bikes:
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I use miche cranks but to answer your other question, yes mine came loose after about 20 miles of riding.
cramdangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-09, 10:56 AM   #3
monsterkidz
monster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NYC
Bikes:
Posts: 733
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've run a Miche BB with no issues. I use grease on 75% of the threads and use Blue Locktite on the the remaining 25%. Comes out when I want to clean or treat the frame with Framesaver but stays put otherwise. The Miche BB is not too different in design than a Phil BB. The Phil BB comes with a blue threading solution and Phil recommends not using grease.

(Not saying the Miche is the same quality as Phil just similar in design.)

As far as spindle length I'd go with 110mm spindle with 75s.
monsterkidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-09, 11:03 AM   #4
chase.
out of shape
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: va
Bikes:
Posts: 1,456
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
109 is the sugino recommendation for 75s, but miche's cups are both adjustable. mine ultimately did loosen up, but it took several months. a little blue loctite would have fixed that.
chase. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-09, 11:30 AM   #5
redeemed
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Chicago, IL
Bikes:
Posts: 82
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks for all the replies thus far. I'm almost set on going with the miche bb cuz the price is hard to beat.. but has anyone had success with the lower end campy bb's (centaur and veloce) with the 75 crankset?


Thanks again.
redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-09, 11:51 AM   #6
adriano 
*
 
adriano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Baltimore
Bikes: http://velospace.org/node/18951
Posts: 6,879
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by redeemed View Post
Thanks for all the replies thus far. I'm almost set on going with the miche bb cuz the price is hard to beat.. but has anyone had success with the lower end campy bb's (centaur and veloce) with the 75 crankset?


Thanks again.
if youre near philadelphia, i have a new, unused veloce!
adriano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-09, 11:59 AM   #7
monsterkidz
monster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NYC
Bikes:
Posts: 733
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The Campagnolo Veloce is a nice BB. I used one for close to 2 years without any issues. Can't say it's any better than a Miche BB, since I never had issues with either.
monsterkidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-09, 01:47 PM   #8
redeemed
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Chicago, IL
Bikes:
Posts: 82
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by adriano View Post
if youre near philadelphia, i have a new, unused veloce!
PM sent.
redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-09, 04:52 PM   #9
adriano 
*
 
adriano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Baltimore
Bikes: http://velospace.org/node/18951
Posts: 6,879
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by redeemed View Post
PM sent.
ygpm.
adriano is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:21 AM.