Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 61
  1. #1
    Bikes hella booty! Saberhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Seattle
    My Bikes
    725TR Leader
    Posts
    386
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Fixed gear culture

    So this morning I went to a really little bike shop in my neighborhood to check it out. The guy that owned it was really nice and helpfull and we got to talking for awhile about fixed gear culture and the people who are involved. Ive known for a while now that there is obviously a culture somewhat accompanied to fix geared riding in most cities, and he invited me to go to one of the events held on Fridays here in Seattle, but mentioned to me that there are some people that are jerks out there that dont want new people involved in fixed gear riding. I enjoy "talking bike" with anyone, and I dont really mind if people are proud of being involved in a sub culture surrounding it and dont want it "exploited", but at the same time I think anyone riding a bicycle is great, regardless. Why is it that some people feel differently? Maybe the fixed gear snobbery is something I dont understand, but I guess I'd like to know why some people have this mentality in the first place.

    If you feel like you're one of these people, mind giving me some insight? Im just curious

  2. #2
    Senior Member aidy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    167
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    welcome to the world of hipsters!

    I haven't figured it out either but then again I'm socially backwards.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    96
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    read half the posts on here, those are the people your bike guy is referring to

  4. #4
    Bikes hella booty! Saberhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Seattle
    My Bikes
    725TR Leader
    Posts
    386
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aidy View Post
    welcome to the world of hipsters!

    I haven't figured it out either but then again I'm socially backwards.

    Yeah! I suppose I am socially backwards a bit too. I dont mind either way if people feel that way, thats thier deal, Im just curious as to why. It reminds me of the people in the bands Ive played with and even the one Im in now. Music culture and fixed gear culture...eerily similar

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    100
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saberhead View Post
    Yeah! I suppose I am socially backwards a bit too. I dont mind either way if people feel that way, thats thier deal, Im just curious as to why. It reminds me of the people in the bands Ive played with and even the one Im in now. Music culture and fixed gear culture...eerily similar
    Because they are still in that tender young mindset of immaturity and naivety.
    What they don't realize is they are just as much on a bandwagon as anyone else and are self conscious about their percieved coolness and individualism becoming mainstream.
    They just can't handle it.

  6. #6
    click. click click.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    My Bikes
    Leader 725TR http://velospace.org/node/23532
    Posts
    222
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let them have their culture. Obviously you/we don't need a subculture to feel good about ourselves. We have friends of our own, hobbies of our own, priorities of our own that don't necessarily involve snobbery! I think the more broad a person is, the more interesting they become. Don't hate!

  7. #7
    Bikes hella booty! Saberhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Seattle
    My Bikes
    725TR Leader
    Posts
    386
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ALaS View Post
    Let them have their culture. Obviously you/we don't need a subculture to feel good about ourselves. We have friends of our own, hobbies of our own, priorities of our own that don't necessarily involve snobbery! I think the more broad a person is, the more interesting they become. Don't hate!
    I agree, just more curious as why when someone wants to be involved in something fun and enjoyable, they can be chastised, especially something like cycling. Everyones got a reason I guess

    Quote Originally Posted by ALaS View Post
    ...priorities of our own that don't necessarily involve snobbery!
    I study physics and we have physics snobs too! What the hell!? lol!

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    216
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In every field there are people who think they're better than others. That's what people call subculture. Saying subculture is just another way of saying "You're not included."

  9. #9
    Large Member urodacus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Okinawa
    My Bikes
    05 Giant TCR 0; 83 Colnago Saronni now Single speed; 81 San Rensho Katana Super Export track bike, #A116-56
    Posts
    1,161
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    is that like as in making yogurt?


    "Open hipster mouth, add two large tablespoons of fixed gear culture, and shake well by inversion. keep covered with a cloth on the windowsill for two days at 80-84 degrees, then stir well and refrigerate. good for two weeks but best consumed immediately"
    05 Giant TCR Composite; 83 Colnago Saronni: 81 San Rensho Katana Super Export track bike, #A116-56; 89 Zunow Pentaglia: SOLD; 85 Tommasini: SOLD; 83 Guercotti: SOLD

  10. #10
    click. click click.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    My Bikes
    Leader 725TR http://velospace.org/node/23532
    Posts
    222
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess snobs will be snobs. Let's make our own subculture, the culture that rejects subcultures.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    My Bikes
    No name fixie and a Fuji track
    Posts
    52
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I say flood the streets with fixed gear bikes: hippsters, parents, children, senators....seriously, I love riding fixed for the same reason I CHOOSE to drive a stick shift car. It just FEELS that much better...as far as the elitist mentality its found anywhere. Unfortunately its hard to ignore with bike kids. But, I find the messengers I ride with on monthly alleycats to be more amenable to newcomers to fixed gear riding than hipster college students who don't ride for a living....perhaps because the messengers know that in the end its just a bike.

    Just keep showing up and rub it in their face...

  12. #12
    Rumblefish jtarver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Austin Texas
    My Bikes
    1973 Crescent Pepita Single Speed,1978 Raleigh Competition G.S.,1976 Raleigh Super Course MKII,1970's Motobecane Super Touring Fixed Gear, 1980's Denti Road Tech Five,Gary Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo,1973 Atala Giro,Cheap MTB Tandem,Schwinn World Sport
    Posts
    688
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm seeing a big drop in the overall "fixed scene" in my town. My best guess is all the folks that bought a fixed wheel for the style factor have run out of excuses for why it sits in the living room or rides around on their trunk rack instead of actually being ridden. I do, however, still see a group of people sticking to it, trading in their stylish components for functional ones, adding front brakes for emergency stops and tire/knee life extension(you know, practical stuff). In essence, some people who jumped on the bandwagon for styles sake initially, have realized they love riding fixed and will probably stick with it regardless of society's fickle faddishness. Like most fads, some people will end up carrying on well after it's out of style. I'm glad for the current boom of bikes, it really is enlightening people to the fact that a bike is a reasonable transportation form, even one with a single gear and no option to coast. If the masses were just able to realize that you don't have to be a messenger(most of the ones I know are bitter *******s) to be cool, riding a bike is cool, no matter why you do it. As for hipster bashing, I'm opposed, there have been/will always be hipsters, for example: Beatniks and beat poets, folk musicians and such. Representing what you believe in transcends hipsterism and beliefs change over time. That being said, people that buy all the gear and never use it will always be lame, no matter if it's a beret and a tambourine or a fixed gear.
    1973 Crescent Pepita FG, 1987 Panasonic DX-4000, 1991 Trek 1400 FG, 1990's Gary Fisher Hoo-Koo-e-Koo SS, 1990's Denti Road Tech Five, 2009 Surly Long Haul Trucker

  13. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    15
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yah, coming from someone new to fixed/ss, I definitely feel the more hip than thou attitude. It's all good. My frankenbike conversion looks like complete **** and I actually kinda like it that way.

  14. #14
    Gentlemen. ADSR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Chico, CA
    My Bikes
    S-Works e5 Aerotech with 2009 Veloce and a Fulcrum 5s
    Posts
    1,517
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I definitely owe it to trendiness that I heard about fixed, and I'm definitely glad I stopped being so uptight and decided to give it a shot. There's no real "culture" here per se, but every now and again when I go get coffee I'll see a few conversions and a Langster parked outside the coffee shop. Oddly enough, they've asked me about my Planet Bike strap on fenders on a bike with aerobars and custom wheels, so I gather these kids have their wits about them. I think it's probably also a symptom of a bike-friendly town.

    By the way, fixed-gear senators would be AWESOME.
    The bums will always lose.

  15. #15
    Old fart JohnDThompson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Appleton WI
    My Bikes
    Several, mostly not name brands.
    Posts
    11,840
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saberhead View Post
    he invited me to go to one of the events held on Fridays here in Seattle, but mentioned to me that there are some people that are jerks out there that dont want new people involved in fixed gear riding. I enjoy "talking bike" with anyone, and I dont really mind if people are proud of being involved in a sub culture surrounding it and dont want it "exploited", but at the same time I think anyone riding a bicycle is great, regardless. Why is it that some people feel differently? Maybe the fixed gear snobbery is something I dont understand, but I guess I'd like to know why some people have this mentality in the first place.
    In my experience, these are usually people who are insecure about their own place in the culture. A new person is an unknown, and might (gasp!) actually know some things they don't yet know, and thus (in their insecure view) diminish their own standing in the culture.

    Just ignore them, and hang with the people who aren't jerks.

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    848
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it's just like any other trend


    people that did it before it got popular will always get defensive towards people who start after they do
    Quote Originally Posted by murdaki11
    i still think you guys who like ride 5+ miles on these bikes are crazy

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    99
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't really ride with the exclusively fixed gear kids. I find them obnoxious, so if they want to keep their own little club, that's perfectly fine by me.

    The groups that I have the most fun with share my (fairly open) sensibilities on style, attitude, speed, etc. and they are composed of a variety of fixed and geared riders.

  18. #18
    Senior Member Thetank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,031
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You shouldn't really put much emphasis on the opinion of people who use their bike as a means to a photo op, or merely own it to fulfill a part of them that wants to belong to a certain clique. My bike is my vehicle, my stress reliever, my gym, not an accessory. People who are territorial of something that can only benefit a person's health and the environment is an utter female sanitation bladder!

  19. #19
    Bikes hella booty! Saberhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Seattle
    My Bikes
    725TR Leader
    Posts
    386
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jtarver View Post
    I'm seeing a big drop in the overall "fixed scene" in my town. My best guess is all the folks that bought a fixed wheel for the style factor have run out of excuses for why it sits in the living room or rides around on their trunk rack instead of actually being ridden. I do, however, still see a group of people sticking to it, trading in their stylish components for functional ones, adding front brakes for emergency stops and tire/knee life extension(you know, practical stuff). In essence, some people who jumped on the bandwagon for styles sake initially, have realized they love riding fixed and will probably stick with it regardless of society's fickle faddishness. Like most fads, some people will end up carrying on well after it's out of style. I'm glad for the current boom of bikes, it really is enlightening people to the fact that a bike is a reasonable transportation form, even one with a single gear and no option to coast. If the masses were just able to realize that you don't have to be a messenger(most of the ones I know are bitter *******s) to be cool, riding a bike is cool, no matter why you do it. As for hipster bashing, I'm opposed, there have been/will always be hipsters, for example: Beatniks and beat poets, folk musicians and such. Representing what you believe in transcends hipsterism and beliefs change over time. That being said, people that buy all the gear and never use it will always be lame, no matter if it's a beret and a tambourine or a fixed gear.
    I like this reply! This is like the kids at my shows who buy all the classic punk and metal records but dont know what they bought, why they bought it, and dont own a record player. So in this sense, I understand having the attitude, but music subculture has always been snobby I guess. I agree with you though. If there are people out there that do fun things on Sundays (or whatever day) with thier bikes Im all in, and Im not worried about the people that question it because I think thats sorta weird? As I said, I dont mind people being "proud" of what they're into and I guess I sort of understand, I just think a bad attitude is going to furthur push people away from something that is generally beneficial to a community as a whole.

  20. #20
    its that damned rap music oneangrytoast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    brooklyn, ny
    My Bikes
    Kilo TT, Bianchi Pista Concept 2005, Shogun 600 ~1983
    Posts
    569
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iansmash View Post
    it's just like any other trend


    people that did it before it got popular will always get defensive towards people who start after they do
    +1. im pretty sure this is all there is to it. the feeling that they are the cool kids and the style makers, but then they get pissy when theyre style catches on. however, i can relate to an extent. when you actually do something because you like it, and have to deal with other people who do its because its cool and the new, in thing, it can be really frustrating. especially to watch some rich kids roll around with all the bling you wish you could afford, but cant, because your mommy and daddy dont pay for stuff anymore. at least, if you are truly into it and on top of your game, you will still smoke that pansy with the hed3 on his color coordinated NJS sparkling bridgestone frame. **** him. hahhaa

    for me, personally, i got a road bike in a swap, fell in love with it. it finally dawned on me that bikes arent JUST for people with DUI's or broke *****es without a car. then i found out about fixed and trick track via the streetwear, street art, urban culture.

    foot down comps especially remind me of the days when i was kid watching the xgames when they would have the flatland freestyle bmx competitions. it was like these dudes were dancing with their bikes. it was amazing to see, but it kinda fell off the map (at least fell out of my realm of awareness). when i watch foot downs and people doing 720 big spins, etc etc etc it ignites a flame inside me that says, "get on your bike, ride it, you can learn this stuff if you just try hard and often enough."

    i grew up playing ice hockey (in south florida, if you can believe that) when everyone else was outside in the heat riding skate boards and surfing and wakeboarding, i was chillin hard inside the frozen tundra of my local rink four days a week, sometimes more. i played travel, high school and in college too. having been buried in one sport, i completely missed out on "extreme" sports. i missed the sense of challenge, and subsequent accomplishment that comes from playing a sport, but i have found it in trick track and fixed riding in general. biking is for the most part a low cost hobby, and i dont need 10 other people to coordinate with. i just get on my bike and go, when i want to, where i want to. besides, id rather be in private when im busting my ass repeatedly trying to learn new tricks! lmao

    people ask me all the time, "if you want to do tricks, why not bmx?" ill tell you why. im 6' and kinda sorta fat. have you seen how low those seats are on bmx bikes? you basically have to stand the entire time you ride. its completely impractical and uncomfortable. if you want to actually use your bike to get around, bmx makes no sense. track bikes just fit what i wanted in a machine - both tricking, and the ability to go on long, hard rides.

    to be 100% honest, as of right now i have absolutely no interest in taking my bike to the track. maybe that will change one day, maybe not. but of course there will be those people who might say that at i ride a track bike because i want to be "in the club", or think im somehow "fake" because my track bike might never see a track, they can suck it. no posing here. just a big dude lookin to lose weight, get some exercise and have some fun.
    -bread for destruction-


    Quote Originally Posted by Thetank View Post
    any way you can prove this or did you pull this out of your @$$?

  21. #21
    lifewaster. helloamerican's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Georgia.
    Posts
    981
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aidy View Post
    welcome to the world of hipsters!

    I haven't figured it out either but then again I'm socially backwards.
    hey- your buddy icon makes me think you are a 'hipster', are you? I can't define this term, but i'm going to apply it broadly based on superficial judgements.

  22. #22
    Bikes hella booty! Saberhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Seattle
    My Bikes
    725TR Leader
    Posts
    386
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ADSR View Post
    I definitely owe it to trendiness that I heard about fixed, and I'm definitely glad I stopped being so uptight and decided to give it a shot. There's no real "culture" here per se, but every now and again when I go get coffee I'll see a few conversions and a Langster parked outside the coffee shop. Oddly enough, they've asked me about my Planet Bike strap on fenders on a bike with aerobars and custom wheels, so I gather these kids have their wits about them. I think it's probably also a symptom of a bike-friendly town.

    By the way, fixed-gear senators would be AWESOME.
    I definitly do too, but I mean how else would you have tried it? And you and I giving some credit to trendiness is no reason for people to be snobby if we genuinly enjoy it. But hey, even if someone genuinly does NOT enjoy it, thats why you try something out. It doesnt really matter.

  23. #23
    Senior Member passerby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    california
    My Bikes
    08 Schwinn Madison
    Posts
    295
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It really sucks. Hipsters are everywhere though... You just have to stay above it and do what you enjoy.
    Don't upgrade, ride up grades.
    08 Schwinn Madison
    09 Fuji Roubaix

  24. #24
    Senior Member radiocontrolhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    196
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by oneangrytoast View Post
    +1. im pretty sure this is all there is to it. the feeling that they are the cool kids and the style makers, but then they get pissy when theyre style catches on. however, i can relate to an extent. when you actually do something because you like it, and have to deal with other people who do its because its cool and the new, in thing, it can be really frustrating. especially to watch some rich kids roll around with all the bling you wish you could afford, but cant, because your mommy and daddy dont pay for stuff anymore. at least, if you are truly into it and on top of your game, you will still smoke that pansy with the hed3 on his color coordinated NJS sparkling bridgestone frame. **** him. hahhaa

    for me, personally, i got a road bike in a swap, fell in love with it. it finally dawned on me that bikes arent JUST for people with DUI's or broke *****es without a car. then i found out about fixed and trick track via the streetwear, street art, urban culture.

    foot down comps especially remind me of the days when i was kid watching the xgames when they would have the flatland freestyle bmx competitions. it was like these dudes were dancing with their bikes. it was amazing to see, but it kinda fell off the map (at least fell out of my realm of awareness). when i watch foot downs and people doing 720 big spins, etc etc etc it ignites a flame inside me that says, "get on your bike, ride it, you can learn this stuff if you just try hard and often enough."

    i grew up playing ice hockey (in south florida, if you can believe that) when everyone else was outside in the heat riding skate boards and surfing and wakeboarding, i was chillin hard inside the frozen tundra of my local rink four days a week, sometimes more. i played travel, high school and in college too. having been buried in one sport, i completely missed out on "extreme" sports. i missed the sense of challenge, and subsequent accomplishment that comes from playing a sport, but i have found it in trick track and fixed riding in general. biking is for the most part a low cost hobby, and i dont need 10 other people to coordinate with. i just get on my bike and go, when i want to, where i want to. besides, id rather be in private when im busting my ass repeatedly trying to learn new tricks! lmao

    people ask me all the time, "if you want to do tricks, why not bmx?" ill tell you why. im 6' and kinda sorta fat. have you seen how low those seats are on bmx bikes? you basically have to stand the entire time you ride. its completely impractical and uncomfortable. if you want to actually use your bike to get around, bmx makes no sense. track bikes just fit what i wanted in a machine - both tricking, and the ability to go on long, hard rides.

    to be 100% honest, as of right now i have absolutely no interest in taking my bike to the track. maybe that will change one day, maybe not. but of course there will be those people who might say that at i ride a track bike because i want to be "in the club", or think im somehow "fake" because my track bike might never see a track, they can suck it. no posing here. just a big dude lookin to lose weight, get some exercise and have some fun.

    I do feel this way about vinyl records. I think it's awesome that every store now stocks them because it will be around for a bit longer, but it is now used as a fashion statement and that is just annoying. I truely enjoy listenign to my vinyls. I'm 22 and have been using them since I was 16. I think that vinyl format is truely beautiful. It was a fun challenge to find the music you wanted to add to your collection. Now... where's the fun if it's available everywehre?

  25. #25
    Bikes hella booty! Saberhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Seattle
    My Bikes
    725TR Leader
    Posts
    386
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by oneangrytoast View Post
    +1. im pretty sure this is all there is to it. the feeling that they are the cool kids and the style makers, but then they get pissy when theyre style catches on. however, i can relate to an extent. when you actually do something because you like it, and have to deal with other people who do its because its cool and the new, in thing, it can be really frustrating. especially to watch some rich kids roll around with all the bling you wish you could afford, but cant, because your mommy and daddy dont pay for stuff anymore. at least, if you are truly into it and on top of your game, you will still smoke that pansy with the hed3 on his color coordinated NJS sparkling bridgestone frame. **** him. hahhaa

    for me, personally, i got a road bike in a swap, fell in love with it. it finally dawned on me that bikes arent JUST for people with DUI's or broke *****es without a car. then i found out about fixed and trick track via the streetwear, street art, urban culture.

    foot down comps especially remind me of the days when i was kid watching the xgames when they would have the flatland freestyle bmx competitions. it was like these dudes were dancing with their bikes. it was amazing to see, but it kinda fell off the map (at least fell out of my realm of awareness). when i watch foot downs and people doing 720 big spins, etc etc etc it ignites a flame inside me that says, "get on your bike, ride it, you can learn this stuff if you just try hard and often enough."

    i grew up playing ice hockey (in south florida, if you can believe that) when everyone else was outside in the heat riding skate boards and surfing and wakeboarding, i was chillin hard inside the frozen tundra of my local rink four days a week, sometimes more. i played travel, high school and in college too. having been buried in one sport, i completely missed out on "extreme" sports. i missed the sense of challenge, and subsequent accomplishment that comes from playing a sport, but i have found it in trick track and fixed riding in general. biking is for the most part a low cost hobby, and i dont need 10 other people to coordinate with. i just get on my bike and go, when i want to, where i want to. besides, id rather be in private when im busting my ass repeatedly trying to learn new tricks! lmao

    people ask me all the time, "if you want to do tricks, why not bmx?" ill tell you why. im 6' and kinda sorta fat. have you seen how low those seats are on bmx bikes? you basically have to stand the entire time you ride. its completely impractical and uncomfortable. if you want to actually use your bike to get around, bmx makes no sense. track bikes just fit what i wanted in a machine - both tricking, and the ability to go on long, hard rides.

    to be 100% honest, as of right now i have absolutely no interest in taking my bike to the track. maybe that will change one day, maybe not. but of course there will be those people who might say that at i ride a track bike because i want to be "in the club", or think im somehow "fake" because my track bike might never see a track, they can suck it. no posing here. just a big dude lookin to lose weight, get some exercise and have some fun.
    Totally agree. What you said here...
    Quote Originally Posted by oneangrytoast View Post
    however, i can relate to an extent. when you actually do something because you like it, and have to deal with other people who do its because its cool and the new, in thing, it can be really frustrating. especially to watch some rich kids roll around with all the bling you wish you could afford, but cant, because your mommy and daddy dont pay for stuff anymore. at least, if you are truly into it and on top of your game, you will still smoke that pansy with the hed3 on his color coordinated NJS sparkling bridgestone frame. **** him. hahhaa
    Haha yeah I guess this I can understand. When we play shows there are always kids showing off the rarest of rare records (seriously, up to hundreds of dollars worth) and dont know anything about the LP they just spent thier money on. People think its really lame when rich kids like that show up, not knowing anything about it but generally just want in because its rebellious. I guess I get that. I personally just remembered I wouldnt see that kid in a couple years when it's not trendy anymore, that gave me some solace.


    Quote Originally Posted by oneangrytoast View Post
    +just a big dude lookin to lose weight, get some exercise and have some fun
    Me too man. I got some short stubby legs and a big booty going on. Im not diggin it. Have you found yourself losing any weight by riding fixed gear? Im sweating way more..good sign.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •