Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Gizmo stronzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Austin, TX
    My Bikes
    custom Moyer track bike, '94 Bianchi track bike, 99ish Bianchi Reparto Corsa 9speed record/chorus, '81ish Koga Miyata FullPro, '84 trek 720 touring bike, mid-80s Montagner slowly being built w/period campy
    Posts
    312
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Anyone want to sell an extra brake lever?

    I'm looking for a working brake lever, the kind used on the ends of bullhorn bars. I figure since I'll only need one for the front brake, it'd be kinda silly to buy two. If someone else bought two and is only using one, I can help you recoup your losses a little.

  2. #2
    Just Say WU!
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    columbus, oh
    My Bikes
    04 bianchi pista fixed, 96 trek 830 xc no suspension mtb
    Posts
    73
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stronzo
    I'm looking for a working brake lever, the kind used on the ends of bullhorn bars. I figure since I'll only need one for the front brake, it'd be kinda silly to buy two. If someone else bought two and is only using one, I can help you recoup your losses a little.
    is that the same kind that you can put near your stem, or does it go into the end of the handlebar? i don't have either for you, just wondering because i want to change from the aero lever on one side of the handlebar setup, and might be able to split a pair with you if they're the same. somehow i think they're not though...let me know

  3. #3
    Gizmo stronzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Austin, TX
    My Bikes
    custom Moyer track bike, '94 Bianchi track bike, 99ish Bianchi Reparto Corsa 9speed record/chorus, '81ish Koga Miyata FullPro, '84 trek 720 touring bike, mid-80s Montagner slowly being built w/period campy
    Posts
    312
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abuckeye99
    is that the same kind that you can put near your stem, or does it go into the end of the handlebar? i don't have either for you, just wondering because i want to change from the aero lever on one side of the handlebar setup, and might be able to split a pair with you if they're the same. somehow i think they're not though...let me know
    it's the one that goes into the end of the handlebar

  4. #4
    Just Say WU!
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    columbus, oh
    My Bikes
    04 bianchi pista fixed, 96 trek 830 xc no suspension mtb
    Posts
    73
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stronzo
    it's the one that goes into the end of the handlebar
    see now, you've edumacated me

    good luck

  5. #5
    as you wish, skeletor. ephemeralskin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Freiburg, Deutschland
    Posts
    753
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i just bought a set of cane creek cx levers. they are pretty awesome... not what you wanted but i only need one as well so the other is up for grabs.
    as you might have guessed from that ridiculous thread i started.... yes the clamp diameter is 26.0mm.

    'Fun means something that makes you feel good. Someone who likes movies might watch a movie for fun. Games are also a way to have fun. Most people like to have fun. [citation needed]' -simple.wikipedia.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •