Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Union City, CA
    Posts
    17
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    what would i need/buy ?

    If I bought a fixie with only the

    - frame, fork, headset, stem, seat clamp & seat post.

    what else would i need to build it to make it complete to ride ?

    manufacturer of the frame is motobecane, is that a good frame to start with?


    Thanks for reading, reply please !

  2. #2
    pluralis majestatis redfooj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    DEN
    My Bikes
    blue fuji, black khs, yellow giant, and a little red 'Rosa
    Posts
    2,547
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    saddle
    chain
    bottom bracket
    crank
    chain ring
    wheelset
    and i recommend a brakeset
    tight jeans
    customized hand-made messenger bag
    tatoo
    patches
    good front tire for skidding
    etc

  3. #3
    GO, Mordecai! Syncmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    805
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by redfooj View Post
    saddle
    chain
    bottom bracket
    crank
    chain ring
    wheelset
    and i recommend a brakeset
    tight jeans
    customized hand-made messenger bag
    tatoo
    patches
    good front tire for skidding
    etc
    I laughed out loud. Thank you.
    I like bikes.

  4. #4
    Senior Member steveymcdubs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    499
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ahahaha

  5. #5
    :)
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    duluth
    My Bikes
    '07 Pista, '09 Fantom Cross Uno, '8? Miyata, '67 Stingray, '0? Zoo mod trials, Tallbike, Chopper, '73 Schwinn Collegiate, '67 Triumph Chopper, '69 CB350, '58 BSA Spitfire, '73 CB450
    Posts
    3,391
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freshhs0le View Post

    manufacturer of the frame is motobecane, is that a good frame to start with?


    Thanks for reading, reply please !
    that is kind of like asking "I bought a knife, is it sharp?"


    model/year would help a lot, along with condition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Santaria View Post
    because physics has more street cred than tarckstars.

  6. #6
    Senior Member TheBikeRollsOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    1,301
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you bought a frameset with some other stuff attatched... that isn't really a "fixie" but assuming it has track dropouts (or just horizontal) you need a track wheelset, bicyclewheelwarehouse.com has some good cheap wheelsets for around $100-$150. you will need a crank ($70), pedals with toe retention(toeclips or clipless)($25), chain ($10), Bars ($20), Saddle ($50 maybe less depending on how nice a saddle you want), Bottom bracket ($25), and a cog/lockring depending on if they come with the wheelset or not ($30), and a front brake ($25 from bikeisland)

    How much was the frameset and other included parts? Pictures?

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Union City, CA
    Posts
    17
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBikeRollsOn View Post
    So you bought a frameset with some other stuff attatched... that isn't really a "fixie" but assuming it has track dropouts (or just horizontal) you need a track wheelset, bicyclewheelwarehouse.com has some good cheap wheelsets for around $100-$150. you will need a crank ($70), pedals with toe retention(toeclips or clipless)($25), chain ($10), Bars ($20), Saddle ($50 maybe less depending on how nice a saddle you want), Bottom bracket ($25), and a cog/lockring depending on if they come with the wheelset or not ($30), and a front brake ($25 from bikeisland)

    How much was the frameset and other included parts? Pictures?
    thaank you ! that helps alot. well all of that is about 250, ill send you a link on where i found it on craigslist.
    http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/bik/1277338366.html

  8. #8
    Senior Member c_m_shooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Paradise, TX
    My Bikes
    Surly Cross Check, Redline Monocog 29er, Generic Track bike, Surly Pugsley, Salsa Fargo, Schwinn Klunker
    Posts
    1,518
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just order a complete bike from Bikes Direct.
    May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view.
    May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. -Edward Abbey

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Union City, CA
    Posts
    17
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im about 5'2". what size frame is good for me ?

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Union City, CA
    Posts
    17
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bump bump bump bump bump

  11. #11
    Senior Member Brig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    My Bikes
    2005 Redline Monocog, Fuji Royale II Fixed Conversion, 2008 Mercier Kilo TT
    Posts
    158
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 infinity

    Quote Originally Posted by c_m_shooter View Post
    Just order a complete bike from Bikes Direct.

  12. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Union City, CA
    Posts
    17
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I was looking at BikeDirect, and these are the bikes I came upon my interest.

    Windsor The Hour
    Dawes SST
    Windsor Clockwork
    Motobecane Messenger
    Mercier Kilo TT

    If you had to choose out of those 5, what would you pick ?

  13. #13
    Elitist carleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    10,970
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freshhs0le View Post
    So I was looking at BikeDirect, and these are the bikes I came upon my interest.

    Windsor The Hour
    Dawes SST
    Windsor Clockwork
    Motobecane Messenger
    Mercier Kilo TT

    If you had to choose out of those 5, what would you pick ?
    I would pick for you to read this thread: Fixed Gear/Single Speed - Start Here!

  14. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Union City, CA
    Posts
    17
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bump bump bump bump bump

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •