I wanted to follow-up from previous threads and post a couple of pics of my Dawes SST-AL. I was choosing between this bike and the stripper/Kilo. What won me over was the carbon fork, aluminum frame and slightly more "relaxed" geo.
Special thanks to Mike @ BD, Scrudzilla and others for helping me with all the questions I had.
Here are some details about the bike:
- Everything is stock except: risers, grips and cane creek cross levers.
- Also added Vittoria's 700x28c to them (the ride seems more comfortable)
- I added my toe cages which are not seen in this pic
- converted to single speed (came with freewheel and also came fixed)
- I've also removed the reflectors on the wheels
Question to the group:
- what should I do next / upgrade?
- Any criticism/thoughts on the bike itself?
The bike rides real smooth.
Mike @BD - if you come out with this bike with no decals I will be soooo sad.
If anyone has any questions - don't hesitate to ask. Let me know.