Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Senior Member kubrick215's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    PHILA-215
    Posts
    145
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    2010 Kilo TT stem and handlebar size

    Does anyone know the measurements of the stock 2010 Kilo TT stem and handlebars?

    Length and diameter of the stem?

    If I want to replace the handlebars with bullhorns do I purchase 25.4 or 26.0?

    Thanks very much!


    Btw, I run a front brake with 23s and it's looks like there isn't even enough clearance for 25s...any experience with this?

  2. #2
    Senior Member kubrick215's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    PHILA-215
    Posts
    145
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bump

  3. #3
    FNG destikon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Quarry Stone
    My Bikes
    Raleigh Special * Nishiki MTN Winter Commuter * Trek Soho 3 * Specialized Langster Seattle
    Posts
    877
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it's been a half hour. relax.
    Quote Originally Posted by powers2b View Post
    time's up

  4. #4
    mogul
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    131
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its 25.4 and im pretty sure the stock one is 120mm.

    PS-dont bump your own thread, this isn't a FS/T forum

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    81
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    from the stripper spec page:

    Handlebar Butted 6061 Aluminum Classic Bend
    Stem Forged Aluminum, 8 degree, Removable 26.0 Clamp, Silver Finish, Threadless 1"


    this is from the stripper spec page though. regular on says this:

    Handlebar Butted 6061 Aluminum Road (Standard clamp, not oversized)
    Stem Forged Aluminum, O degree, Removable Clamp, Silver Finish, Threadless 1"


    why would they be different? isn't 26 road "standard" size? i haven't calipered mine yet, so i can't confirm. odd that they don't list it the same, though.
    Michael

  6. #6
    Senior Member kubrick215's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    PHILA-215
    Posts
    145
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by toosense View Post
    its 25.4 and im pretty sure the stock one is 120mm.
    Quote Originally Posted by gelpicorp View Post
    from the stripper spec page:

    Handlebar Butted 6061 Aluminum Classic Bend
    Stem Forged Aluminum, 8 degree, Removable 26.0 Clamp, Silver Finish, Threadless 1"


    this is from the stripper spec page though. regular on says this:

    Handlebar Butted 6061 Aluminum Road (Standard clamp, not oversized)
    Stem Forged Aluminum, O degree, Removable Clamp, Silver Finish, Threadless 1"


    why would they be different? isn't 26 road "standard" size? i haven't calipered mine yet, so i can't confirm. odd that they don't list it the same, though.

    Ok, so do I buy 25.4 or 26.0 handlebars???

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    81
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i'll caliper mine (2010 stripper tt) when i get home today.

    it is entirely possible, however weird, that they chose a different stem/bar combo for the differing packages.


    wait a few and i'll repost my caliper reading when i get home.
    Michael

  8. #8
    Single Speeder Eruption's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Central Florida
    My Bikes
    Felt Nine Solo, Cannondale F500
    Posts
    29
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Stripper comes with a 26mm Bar. You can put either a 26mm or 25.4 bar on this stem with no problems. I put a 25.5 riser on mine and in 130 miles no slips

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    81
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^ agreed, 26.0 it is on my stripper. i think i read somewhere, prolly sheldon's site, that 26 is the road standard, and 25.4 was the older road size.

    it's all good. hope we helped.
    Michael

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dang it, i'm looking at the Cinelli ANT stem. it says it's 31.8 bar clamp, so i'm pretty sure that's too big for the stock bar, correct? Any other suggests for a (shorter than stock) stem for the kilo?

  11. #11
    Senior Member chenghiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    399
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theooriginal View Post
    dang it, i'm looking at the Cinelli ANT stem. it says it's 31.8 bar clamp, so i'm pretty sure that's too big for the stock bar, correct? Any other suggests for a (shorter than stock) stem for the kilo?
    Yes 31.8mm is bigger than 26mm, grats

  12. #12
    Senior Member docboyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Riverside/Temecula, CA
    Posts
    493
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    get bar spacers then tada

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •