Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 22 of 22
  1. #1
    the barbarian xdrmusclex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Evanston, IL
    My Bikes
    Independent Fabrications Crown Jewel, Surly Steamroller(FG), Abici Podium (road)
    Posts
    324
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    panaracer RiBMO 700x32

    I am thinking about picking up a set of Panaracer RibMO700x32's from craigslist but i have a feeling they are going to be HUGE on my bike, I have a Steamroller, so I know they will physically fit.

    Does anyone have 32's , if you answered yes, would you be so kind as to post a pic of them? much obliged...

  2. #2
    the barbarian xdrmusclex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Evanston, IL
    My Bikes
    Independent Fabrications Crown Jewel, Surly Steamroller(FG), Abici Podium (road)
    Posts
    324
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh yeah, if you have the RibMo's how is the ride, I have read only conflicting viewpoints on them

  3. #3
    Senior Member chrism32205's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida
    My Bikes
    Bianchi Axis, Specialized Tricross S-Works
    Posts
    648
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been using the 700x25's on my Bianchi Axis commuter for about 2 months with no problems. If your looking for great flat resistance then go with these. I don't know how the 32's are.

    I can only compare them to Specialized Armadillo's I used in the past, and the RiBMO's have a smoother ride.

  4. #4
    Senior Member beeftech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn finally.
    My Bikes
    Bianchi San Jose, fixed
    Posts
    832
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love rimbo's, they also arn't as big as they claim, my 32 measures 28, and my 35/37 (it's actually labeled as both on the tire) measures 32.

    Still my fav tires.

  5. #5
    Breakfast in America pancake4life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    379
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not rimbo's, but a Panaracer pasela in the back. On a conversion meant for 27-inch wheels.

    not sure if this helps... but i felt like posting a picture of my bike.


  6. #6
    Fresh Garbage hairnet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    10,440
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're excellent for flat protection but the rolling resistance does make my bike feel a bit sluggish. They really are tough though, I've ridden over a lot of glass and had no flats
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrodzilla View Post
    I'd rather ride a greasy bowling ball than one of those things.
    Bikerowave
    My Bikes

  7. #7
    The bus, Gus mrvile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    976
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have ribmo 32's and I do like them. Ride nicely, though they are noticeably slower than the 23's I had before (which is expected). They aren't really all that big, but they are a huge PITA to install. After blowing out one of my tubes during installation I ended up having to use a bead jack to get that final stretch of tire on.

    I'm at work right now so no pics, sorry.

  8. #8
    Hello. crushkilldstroy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    West Seattle
    Posts
    2,902
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have RibMo 32's on Open Pros on my Cross Check and I put them *****es on by hand. What rims are you running?

    They're super comfy and super durable. The graphics on the side are pretty corny, but they're pretty much covered up by brake dust and road grime by now. Not the lightest tires in the world, but you shouldn't expect light weight from a puncture resistant 32c tire anyways. Great fred tires.

    Here's an older pic, but you get the point.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacquie Phelan
    Until mountain biking came along, the bike scene was ruled by a small elite cadre of people who seemed allergic to enthusiasm.

  9. #9
    Fresh Garbage hairnet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    10,440
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by crushkilldstroy View Post
    I put them *****es on by hand. What rims are you running?
    How the hell do you do that? It's ****ing struggle even with steel core levers with these tires.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrodzilla View Post
    I'd rather ride a greasy bowling ball than one of those things.
    Bikerowave
    My Bikes

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    220
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pancake4life View Post
    Not rimbo's, but a Panaracer pasela in the back. On a conversion meant for 27-inch wheels.

    not sure if this helps... but i felt like posting a picture of my bike.

    I don't understand why you'd run a dummy lever when you don't have hoods.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    My Bikes
    Serotta Colorado III Track (Renyolds Ouzo Pro Aero Fork, Dura-Ace to Mavic CXP-14 wheels, Sugino crank, Thomson and 3T the rest), Steelman Cyclocross (Campy Record 10, Deda Newton & Thomson stuff)
    Posts
    445
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's my old Steamroller with 30mm Michelin Cyclocross Jet tires:



    Not sure how they compare in size directly, but these tires measured closer to 32-33mm, so if the Panaracers are true to size it should be representative.

  12. #12
    The bus, Gus mrvile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    976
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by crushkilldstroy View Post
    I have RibMo 32's on Open Pros on my Cross Check and I put them *****es on by hand. What rims are you running?
    I have Eighthinch Tessa wheels, which are dimensionally the same as DP18's or deep V's. I was actually able to install the tire on the front wheel by hand (it was still a lot harder than the Michelin Dynamic 23's I originally had), but I just couldn't do the back wheel.

  13. #13
    The bus, Gus mrvile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    976
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hairnet View Post
    How the hell do you do that? It's ****ing struggle even with steel core levers with these tires.
    Actually, when I installed the rear tire, I couldn't do it by hand so I used tire levers instead. I ended up seating the bead on the tube, which blew out when I tried pumping it up to full pressure. I gave in and bought the tire bead jack from my LBS, which made the process a hell of a lot easier.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Van BC
    Posts
    3,739
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ride on Panaracer Pasela TG 32's (pic). They're pretty much great imo. The bigger size is a lot more forgiving of urban dumbassery.... riding down stairs, sloppy bunny hops up curbs etc are much easier on your wheels. I can keep up with my road club just fine when the rear is pumped to 105 psi and the front to 80.

    I broke three Park levers learning to put my panaracers on. I was convinced I'd bought the wrong sized tire! But, I can now seat brand new ones with my bare hands. The trick is just to get every micrometre of bead you can to where you need it. Get lots of the bead seated, then pull it over right next to the edge of the rim so there's no slack. Pull it tight in both directions from the place opposite where you intend to seat the bead. If you do it right there should be no problem. Also, Pedro's tire levers are way better than Park for getting them off again.




    PS: nice bike crushkilldestroy

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Van BC
    Posts
    3,739
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rudetay View Post
    Here's my old Steamroller with 30mm Michelin Cyclocross Jet tires:



    Not sure how they compare in size directly, but these tires measured closer to 32-33mm, so if the Panaracers are true to size it should be representative.
    What saddle is that? It looks like a b17 but with chrome rails. Is it Ti?

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    My Bikes
    Serotta Colorado III Track (Renyolds Ouzo Pro Aero Fork, Dura-Ace to Mavic CXP-14 wheels, Sugino crank, Thomson and 3T the rest), Steelman Cyclocross (Campy Record 10, Deda Newton & Thomson stuff)
    Posts
    445
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mander View Post
    What saddle is that? It looks like a b17 but with chrome rails. Is it Ti?
    It's the "Champion Special," it has copper rivets and brass plated rails, but the plating on the rails wore off from my legs.

    I just looked up that saddle again to make sure I had the name right, and wow, Brooks saddles went up a lot in price since I'd bought that one...

  17. #17
    the barbarian xdrmusclex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Evanston, IL
    My Bikes
    Independent Fabrications Crown Jewel, Surly Steamroller(FG), Abici Podium (road)
    Posts
    324
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well, I got them. The guy sold me the 2 tires and threw in tubes for $30, which I thought was a pretty good deal as they look perfectly new.

    they were not hard at all to install

    they feel a little more sluggish than my previous tires (vredstein fortezza SE) but I really like the wider size, they are alot more plush feeling (+ I ran the vredsteins at 160psi, and these are max of 100 psi)

    they really dont look like 32s when mounted,more like a 29, maybe because they have a pointed shap rather than totally round?

    time will tell how they hold up, I am a 1-2 flats a week kinda guy!

  18. #18
    Real Men Ride Ordinaries fuzz2050's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,621
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ismellfish2 View Post
    I don't understand why you'd run a dummy lever when you don't have hoods.
    riding on the body of the lever is still comfy, even if it isn't covered in rubber

  19. #19
    Hello. crushkilldstroy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    West Seattle
    Posts
    2,902
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mander View Post
    I ride on Panaracer Pasela TG 32's (pic). They're pretty much great imo. The bigger size is a lot more forgiving of urban dumbassery.... riding down stairs, sloppy bunny hops up curbs etc are much easier on your wheels. I can keep up with my road club just fine when the rear is pumped to 105 psi and the front to 80.

    I broke three Park levers learning to put my panaracers on. I was convinced I'd bought the wrong sized tire! But, I can now seat brand new ones with my bare hands. The trick is just to get every micrometre of bead you can to where you need it. Get lots of the bead seated, then pull it over right next to the edge of the rim so there's no slack. Pull it tight in both directions from the place opposite where you intend to seat the bead. If you do it right there should be no problem. Also, Pedro's tire levers are way better than Park for getting them off again.




    PS: nice bike crushkilldestroy
    I didn't realize how twinny we were until now. Yours is nicer though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacquie Phelan
    Until mountain biking came along, the bike scene was ruled by a small elite cadre of people who seemed allergic to enthusiasm.

  20. #20
    Breakfast in America pancake4life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    379
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ismellfish2 View Post
    I don't understand why you'd run a dummy lever when you don't have hoods.
    I don't understand why you are dumb

  21. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Van BC
    Posts
    3,739
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good comeback pancake

    Thanks rudetay. If brooks put out a regular b17 with chrome rails, I would probably buy it. I'm slowly excising all the black stuff from my bike.

    Thanks ckd :colbert: Yours make me want to get the silver surly seat clamp and their new long cable stop/ hanger dealy for the rear brake. Their short one is crap.

  22. #22
    * adriano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Baltimore
    My Bikes
    http://velospace.org/node/18951
    Posts
    6,889
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have a 32 on the back of my kilo. it wont fit in the front with a brake.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •