I'd like to know approximately how much do you have invested in your Fixed Gear, Single Speed, or Track bike?
Just offer ballpark estimate. Votes are private.
EDIT: If you have multiple bikes, then total the cost of both.
To clear up some questions (which will probably make a ton more):
- All small items: tires, tubes, brake cables, brake pads...
- Multiple purchases of the same part, i.e. bought stem "A" for $30 then bought stem "B" for $20. That counts as $50.
- Hub broken and replaced with new hub. You must count the cost of both hubs.
- The estimated value of items brought from other bikes that you own (saddle, pedals, etc...)
- Any item used from a previous bike that you PAID for must be counted. If bought your first bike and used that saddle for your second, please estimate the value of that used saddle in the value of the second bike since you bought it previously.
- Any item you got for free counts as $0
- Extra/alternate parts (wheels, bars, cogs) that are available for use.
- Subtract value of parts sold, i.e. sold old cranks for $25, bought new cranks for $100 = +$75 cost.
- If it took you 5 years or 5 minutes to spend this amount, it doesn't matter. These are just ballpark estimates.
This does not include basic maintenance replacements that are normal wear and tear (just count them once above):
- Tire replacement
- Brake pads
- Grip tape