Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which frame?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bianchi Super Pista

    6 21.43%
  • Felt TK2

    14 50.00%
  • Dolan Track Champion

    2 7.14%
  • Other (suggest with replies)

    6 21.43%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28
  1. #1
    Hella Raw spcialzdspksman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    820
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Choose My New Frame

    Looking for a track-specific frame ~750-800 range (excluding NJS). Vote and give me suggestions.





    Last edited by spcialzdspksman; 03-04-10 at 07:28 PM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    515
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look 464

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    209
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My vote goes to the Felt

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bay Area, California
    My Bikes
    2000 Cannondale R400
    Posts
    78
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 for the LOOK. Or you can look into the Planet X Stealth Carbon Track.

  5. #5
    Hella Raw spcialzdspksman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    820
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ksharp View Post
    +1 for the LOOK. Or you can look into the Planet X Stealth Carbon Track.
    Thanks for the suggestions guys, I've looked into the Look (haha pun) but it's slightly out of my price range, and I'm not super-crazy about it after staring at pics of it for 5 minutes straight.

    I've also considered the Planet X, which is also a bit out of my price, but not a fan of the large carbon cross hatch design.

    Then again the decals on the Super Pista are a little obnoxious too. If I get that, I'll need to find a way to fix that (eletrical tape )

  6. #6
    oblivious to the obvious generate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    brooklyn, ny
    Posts
    303
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you want to stay in your price range, go with the felt. I love mine. I came VERY close to buying a look 464 myself but decided to keep what I got for awhile.

  7. #7
    Hella Raw spcialzdspksman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    820
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by generate View Post
    If you want to stay in your price range, go with the felt. I love mine. I came VERY close to buying a look 464 myself but decided to keep what I got for awhile.
    Yea your Felt looks awesome! except the new 2010 paint job with the white and gold is meh

  8. #8
    Senior Member daft crunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    seattle
    My Bikes
    alien track bike, cannondale t400 tourer
    Posts
    150
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I were to go aluminum, I'd get a Vigorelli.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bay Area, California
    My Bikes
    2000 Cannondale R400
    Posts
    78
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spcialzdspksman View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions guys, I've looked into the Look (haha pun) but it's slightly out of my price range, and I'm not super-crazy about it after staring at pics of it for 5 minutes straight.

    I've also considered the Planet X, which is also a bit out of my price, but not a fan of the large carbon cross hatch design.

    Then again the decals on the Super Pista are a little obnoxious too. If I get that, I'll need to find a way to fix that (eletrical tape )
    The Look is $800 and the Planet X is $750. I can understand if you don't want carbon tho.

  10. #10
    Hella Raw spcialzdspksman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    820
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ksharp View Post
    The Look is $800 and the Planet X is $750. I can understand if you don't want carbon tho.
    Idk, the last time I checked the Look is 850 or 900 + shipping and the planet X is by the ways of 900+ shipped.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bay Area, California
    My Bikes
    2000 Cannondale R400
    Posts
    78
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    My Bikes
    Kilo TT
    Posts
    144
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cjzoller View Post
    My vote goes to the Felt
    +1

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Chico, CA
    My Bikes
    Ridley X-Night, Wilier Izoard XP, 1981 Bianchi Pista, F. Moser
    Posts
    644
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd probably get a Marinoni.

  14. #14
    oblivious to the obvious generate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    brooklyn, ny
    Posts
    303
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually what size are you? My friend is selling a 52 vigorelli frame right now. If you are interested PM me and I'll get you the details, unless he already sold it.

  15. #15
    Senior Member das_pyrate's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    dirty meda
    My Bikes
    EAI Bareknuckle, 1981 Gios Aerodynamic, Giant Boulder
    Posts
    557
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    is this gonna be ridden on the track or the street?

    if it's for the track, i'd go with the felt or the look.

    if it's for the street, i'd go with none of those.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhamlax View Post
    I find small children (under 5 works best) to be exceptionally light and very easy to trick.

  16. #16
    THE STUFFED Leukybear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    My Bikes
    Sworks Venge; Kona Paddywagon; Ibis Mojo SL-R
    Posts
    10,163
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Out of the 3 in the OP; I say TK2!

    If that "super pista" was a pista concept; I would've voted for bianchi... if you want a black aero bike you might as well get a leader

  17. #17
    Hella Raw spcialzdspksman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    820
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by happypills View Post
    Out of the 3 in the OP; I say TK2!

    If that "super pista" was a pista concept; I would've voted for bianchi... if you want a black aero bike you might as well get a leader
    Yea I just found an 06 Concept for sale! but I already ordered a super pista, thankfully it hasn't shipped b/c of a backorder so time to cancel
    I like the Felt, but not so much the flashy 2010 graphics..
    the Dolan is nice apart form the really ugly welds

    @daspyrate unfortunately the frame will not see any velodrome action but mashing all over the streets!

    now, time to negotiate a price for that 06 concept
    Last edited by spcialzdspksman; 03-07-10 at 01:01 PM.

  18. #18
    Senior Member das_pyrate's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    dirty meda
    My Bikes
    EAI Bareknuckle, 1981 Gios Aerodynamic, Giant Boulder
    Posts
    557
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    big waste of money imo. you shoulda gotten a steel frame.

    ill race you down california street tho
    Quote Originally Posted by bhamlax View Post
    I find small children (under 5 works best) to be exceptionally light and very easy to trick.

  19. #19
    Hella Raw spcialzdspksman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    820
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by das_pyrate View Post
    big waste of money imo. you shoulda gotten a steel frame.

    ill race you down california street tho
    haha yea we should!
    and I already have a steel frame, I have a Mark V I ride now
    there's nothing wrong with it really, but it's just too small for me, which is why I'm hunting for a new frame

    so I decided to go aluminum after I rode on a friend's bike, (b/c although steel is real, aluminum is super light and fast and not even as harsh as people make it out to be!)
    and I've been wanting a concept sooo bad, found out they're no longer made, ordered a super pista instead, and cancelled the order so I can buy an '06 pista concept!

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Davis/Lafayette, CA
    My Bikes
    1984 trek 460 conversion, 2008 Lynskey R320, Peloton track bike, 1990's MBK trainer, 2004 Fisher tassajara, 70's Raleigh Gran prix. 70's moto mirage conversion (stolen), 80's Shogun Kaze (sold)
    Posts
    2,015
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i didn't see a choice for a republic bike, but i say republic bike.

    they sell them at urban, which is like the coolest store ever. their shelves are made from unpainted plywood and used pallets, how awesome!

  21. #21
    The bus, Gus mrvile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    976
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 for the republic bike. Pretty much best track bike ever.

  22. #22
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Republic bikes FTMFW!! Their frames are the best I've ever seen. Flawless.

  23. #23
    ("'\( *,..,*)/"')
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    My Bikes
    2010 Specialized Allez Steel| IRO Mark V fixed gear
    Posts
    209
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrvile View Post
    +1 for the republic bike. Pretty much best track bike ever.
    +2 for pokemon avatar.

    if you're willing to drop money for the super pista, might as well go cinelli vigorelli or mash

  24. #24
    Nü-Fred ichitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    My Bikes
    Torelli Tipo Uno (stolen), Peugeot Nice, Mercier Kilo TT
    Posts
    1,517
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spcialzdspksman View Post
    haha yea we should!
    and I already have a steel frame, I have a Mark V I ride now
    there's nothing wrong with it really, but it's just too small for me, which is why I'm hunting for a new frame

    so I decided to go aluminum after I rode on a friend's bike, (b/c although steel is real, aluminum is super light and fast and not even as harsh as people make it out to be!)
    and I've been wanting a concept sooo bad, found out they're no longer made, ordered a super pista instead, and cancelled the order so I can buy an '06 pista concept!
    whatever happened to ur watanabe?
    Quote Originally Posted by dsh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fixedgear80 View Post
    once you go fixed.....
    ...you generally go back in like a year.
    http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e1...ig_mercier.jpg http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e1...ig_3rensho.jpg http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e1...ig_peugeot.jpg

  25. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Chico, CA
    My Bikes
    Ridley X-Night, Wilier Izoard XP, 1981 Bianchi Pista, F. Moser
    Posts
    644
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brron View Post
    +2 for pokemon avatar.

    if you're willing to drop money for the super pista, might as well go republic
    Ftfy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •