Long time lurker, first time posting... you don't have to be nice, but be gentle...
Okay... I've been looking into getting another fixed gear bike... An aluminum frame, which will be used for a mix of commuting/weekend rides/training/entry level track usage. I'm trying to keep my initial spending under 1K, but I'm not adverse to just picking up a frame within that price range and building it up over time, but It HAS to be drilled for a front brake. So over the past month, I've been doing some research, and have narrowed it down to a few prospects....
1) Felt TK3
+ Get a complete bike for ~$850
+ Popular entry level track bike (or so i hear/read)
- 3/32" chain (not really a negative, seeing as the first thing i'd switch out is the drivetrain)
- Not really digging the colors (not that big a deal)
2) Masi Coltello
+ Can get it for ~$650
+/- I've been reading that it's stiff as hell, which i don't mind.
- From what I read Masi has been taken over by Haro... but that really doesn't bother me. Wherever it's made, if the frame is good, its all good.
(Don't really know a lot about this frame, any input would be appreciated)
3) Cinelli Mash
+ Was iffy on the look, but after seeing it in person, it's a VERY nice bike
+ Actually comfortable despite the pursuit-ish frame
- At ~$850 for just the frame, I feel like i'm paying more for (excuse the term) "bling" factor
- Drilled for brake, but plugged and painted over.
Was also looking at a Cinelli Vigorelli and Bianchi Super Pista, but two of my friends that I ride with are building those next, and I'd feel like I'm stepping on toes if I showed up for our weekend ride with the very bike they've had on their desktop wallpaper for months. Maybe I'm just too nice??
So... what would you do if you were me? If you have any other frame suggestions that fit my requirements, I'd be willing to listen... THANKS!
P.S. I don't wanna hear "steel is real" or any other nonsense like that. I have a steel bike that I love, just trying something different. You're not gonna sway me, and as far as I'm concerned you're just doing it to raise your post count. I don't want this to be a steel vs aluminum thread please