Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 30
  1. #1
    Senior Member abstractform20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,884
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Help! Need a Flip Flop Hub: Can you identify this?

    http://sacramento.craigslist.org/bik/1762409060.html

    he said its a formula hub, but it does not show on the website.

    i can get it for 30 bucks. im going to put it on a rear mavic open pro.

    said its 32h.

    i want to know the model/specs.
    Last edited by abstractform20; 05-27-10 at 07:27 PM. Reason: misinfo

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    66
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look Fixed/FW to me.

  3. #3
    Senior Member abstractform20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,884
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZakPrell View Post
    Look Fixed/FW to me.
    i need the model...

  4. #4
    モㄥ工匕モ 爪モ爪乃モ尺 evilcryalotmore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    LA San Gabriel, California
    My Bikes
    Custom frame
    Posts
    2,136
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    formula hubs

  5. #5
    Blaster of Reality Scrodzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    24,619
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    It's a damn Formula hub, fixed/free. Why do you need more info than that?

  6. #6
    Senior Member abstractform20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,884
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrodzilla View Post
    It's a damn Formula hub, fixed/free. Why do you need more info than that?
    internet alpha male with no helpful insight/information.

  7. #7
    Blaster of Reality Scrodzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    24,619
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Wow, good attempt at making up for the fact that you posted something dumb and got called out. I'm simply saying there's not much more info available other than what you already know.

    Besides, why wouldn't you just ask the seller?

  8. #8
    Senior Member abstractform20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,884
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrodzilla View Post
    Wow, good attempt at making up for the fact that you posted something dumb and got called out. I'm simply saying there's not much more info available other than what you already know.

    Besides, why wouldn't you just ask the seller?
    how dumb of me (new to fixed gear and flip flop hubs) to ask people who ride fixed and flip flop hub bike, a question requesting information for a purchase to venture into fixed gear and flip flop hubs.

    good job on calling me out

    the seller didnt know the model.

  9. #9
    Blaster of Reality Scrodzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    24,619
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by abstractform20 View Post
    the seller didnt know the model.
    Seriously, you're overcomplicating things. A 32h Formula fixed/free hub is a 32h Formula fixed/free hub.

    Is that better?


  10. #10
    THE STUFFED Leukybear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    My Bikes
    Sworks Venge; Kona Paddywagon; Ibis Mojo SL-R
    Posts
    10,519
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrodzilla View Post
    It's a damn Formula hub, fixed/free. Why do you need more info than that?
    +1

    If there's no "formula" printed on it; it's just the OEM version from formula.

  11. #11
    GONE~
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    6,745
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gee, alphamale, take it down a notch.
    It has sealed cartridge bearings in case you don't know...
    It's just a damn Formula hub...

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    438
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He wants the specs man...
    There are no specs man, it's just a formula hub.

  13. #13
    Blaster of Reality Scrodzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    24,619
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vixtor View Post
    Gee, alphamale, take it down a notch.
    You know me, man...I just can't help myself from cyber-attacking everyone on internet forums because in real life, I'm a 4'2" balding nerd (with a slight underbite and a lazy eye) who lives in my dad's basement. You should see me on the Anime forums. I'm ruthless!

  14. #14
    Goon
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Ypsilanti, MI
    My Bikes
    Rocky Mountain RC30, Soma Sport Fixed
    Posts
    864
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Christ.

    Can't we just go back to talking about how awesome Kilo TT's and Madison's are?
    No matter how bad things get, they can't get any better, and they can't get any worse, things are what they are, so you better get used to it Nancy, quit your B*tchin'

    -Church

  15. #15
    Senior Member abstractform20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,884
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrodzilla View Post
    You know me, man...I just can't help myself from cyber-attacking everyone on internet forums because in real life, I'm a 4'2" balding nerd (with a slight underbite and a lazy eye) who lives in my dad's basement. You should see me on the Anime forums. I'm ruthless!
    never made those claims; you were condescending.

    it was unnecessary. i love bikes and want to learn more about every different aspect of cycling.
    some of you guys are insulting for no reason...just bringing a lot of negative energy.

    also, there different quality hubs- the same goes for all bicycle components.

  16. #16
    GONE~
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    6,745
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrodzilla View Post
    You know me, man...I just can't help myself from cyber-attacking everyone on internet forums because in real life, I'm a 4'2" balding nerd (with a slight underbite and a lazy eye) who lives in my dad's basement. You should see me on the Anime forums. I'm ruthless!
    I knewyou were bald, the dreads wig and taped on beard, you hides it well.
    Kudos photoshopping a girl in your pictures too. You're too good.
    You don't want to mess with me in Pokemon sections of the Anime forums...I'll tear you a new one everytime you make fun of Jigglypuff.

  17. #17
    GONE~
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    6,745
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by abstractform20 View Post
    never made those claims; you were condescending.

    it was unnecessary. i love bikes and want to learn more about every different aspect of cycling.
    some of you guys are insulting for no reason...just bringing a lot of negative energy.

    also, there different quality hubs- the same goes for all bicycle components.
    We gave you the name of the hubs, you could've easily looked on Google and see how they are.
    They are pretty standard sealed cartridge hub for a fixed gear, 30 bucks is not exactly a killer deal but it's local; saves the handling and shipping fees .
    They usually go for about $40-50 brand new on the web. IRO and Velocity hubs are Formula hubs too, just repackaged.

  18. #18
    THE STUFFED Leukybear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    My Bikes
    Sworks Venge; Kona Paddywagon; Ibis Mojo SL-R
    Posts
    10,519
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by abstractform20 View Post
    also, there different quality hubs- the same goes for all bicycle components.
    FYI formula hubs are the best bang for the buck affordable track hubs out there..... if you want the best just look up what philwood has to offer....

    I've heard IRO hubs are a good deal for the price as well. There should still be that sale of them... there's a thread about their sale floating around here...

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    PHL
    My Bikes
    De Rosa Planet, Shogun Kaze, Jamis Sputnik, Redline 925
    Posts
    536
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what other specs do you need on the hub?

  20. #20
    THE STUFFED Leukybear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    My Bikes
    Sworks Venge; Kona Paddywagon; Ibis Mojo SL-R
    Posts
    10,519
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuggetross View Post
    what other specs do you need on the hub?
    Number of holes for spokes..... flange size....

  21. #21
    Senior Member abstractform20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,884
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuggetross View Post
    what other specs do you need on the hub?
    i wanted to make they were formula hubs because the packaging did not say it and when i called him he could not find a model number; i check the formula website and did not find any black flip flop hubs. i was hoping that someone in here could definitely verify them as formula hubs. i know that phil wood makes the best, and i dont have money for that, so i wanted a strong and consistent hub.

    when i get it im going to have someone teach me how to build a wheel (using mavic open pro rim).

    in the same way that a Dura Ace hub that is 20 years old is not the same as a New Dura Ace hub, i wanted to make sure i was not getting ripped off in this deal tomorrow.

  22. #22
    GONE~
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    6,745
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by abstractform20 View Post
    i wanted to make they were formula hubs because the packaging did not say it and when i called him he could not find a model number; i check the formula website and did not find any black flip flop hubs. i was hoping that someone in here could definitely verify them as formula hubs. i know that phil wood makes the best, and i dont have money for that, so i wanted a strong and consistent hub.

    when i get it im going to have someone teach me how to build a wheel (using mavic open pro rim).

    in the same way that a Dura Ace hub that is 20 years old is not the same as a New Dura Ace hub, i wanted to make sure i was not getting ripped off in this deal tomorrow.
    Well if your rim has 36 holes, I would highly recommend these hubs.
    http://www.irocycle.com/iro36holefro...earhubset.aspx
    They are made by the same company, Formula.
    If you don't mind waiting for a couple of days, you could get these, brand new.
    http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/180...remier-Hub.htm

    The Formula hubs for sale are the Th 51, you can find the specs on the Formula site under the "Track" section, you have way more information than you need now.
    Last edited by Squirrelli; 05-27-10 at 09:44 PM.

  23. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    174
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, I need to know what factory these hubs were produced in and I need the info NOW.

  24. #24
    Blaster of Reality Scrodzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    24,619
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    OP - I was kidding (except about the Anime part. Don't **** with me). Learn to take a joke.

  25. #25
    GONE~
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    6,745
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrodzilla View Post
    OP - I was kidding (except about the Anime part. Don't **** with me). Learn to take a joke.
    Yes so was I, no hard feelings?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •