I've got a fairly old aluminum track frame which was made in the days before track ends came with steel inserts. The track ends have therefore become quite gnarled, enough that one of the two rear wheels I own will slip no matter how much I tighten it down. I'm wondering if I can take the frame to a professional (metalurgist?) and have the track ends fitted with steel inserts so that the wheel bolts have something better to hang on to. Anyone done this before?