Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    346
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Yet another Ciocc eludes my grasp....

    I've been hankering for a Ciocc track frame for several years. I've only seen three come up for sale and been outbid on all of them

    Anyone here end up winning this bike on Ebay? If so congrats! My search continues....

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

  2. #2
    Oscillation overthruster Dr. Banzai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Duncan, BC
    My Bikes
    Cinelli Mash / CAAD9 5
    Posts
    1,532
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Enter your maximum bid:
    $20,000


    solved.

  3. #3
    comin' in hot James1:17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Nashville bwo W. Texas
    My Bikes
    '97 Allez M2, '90 Trek 1400, 80's Univega Alpina Sport
    Posts
    696
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ciocc supposedly means poker face....glad i could help
    smooth and fast?

  4. #4
    Comanche Racing PedallingATX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Deep in the heart of Texas
    My Bikes
    Presto NJS build, Specialized Allez Pro w/ full Dura Ace and Ksyrium SLs, 1990something Specialized Sirrus
    Posts
    2,822
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that frame is really damn nice...
    skinnytire

  5. #5
    Senior Member TheBikeRollsOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    1,302
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James1:17 View Post
    ciocc supposedly means poker face....glad i could help

  6. #6
    comin' in hot James1:17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Nashville bwo W. Texas
    My Bikes
    '97 Allez M2, '90 Trek 1400, 80's Univega Alpina Sport
    Posts
    696
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PedallingATX View Post
    that frame is really damn nice...
    yeah it is pretty....you'll get 'em next time tiger
    smooth and fast?

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    346
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So James 1:17 did you buy it, or are you just calling my bluff?

    I knew the bid would probably go higher, and I wanted it, but I can't justify paying more than $700 for a frame I have to ride in NYC and lock up on the sidewalk. At some point, it becomes a living room display object at not a daily rider.

    At least I take comfort in bringing the seller an extra $200 with my last minute Hail Mary pass. And as James once said,
    "Every good and perfect gift is from above".....

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    346
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Banzai View Post
    Enter your maximum bid:
    $20,000


    solved.
    No kidding. That seems to be where all the vintage track frames are headed these days, expecially the NJS Keirin stuff. Luckily for me, nearly all the track frames for sale are way too small for me, so I don't have to deal with bidding temptation very often.

  9. #9
    Nü-Fred ichitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    My Bikes
    Torelli Tipo Uno (stolen), Peugeot Nice, Mercier Kilo TT
    Posts
    1,517
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by palladio View Post
    No kidding. That seems to be where all the vintage track frames are headed these days, expecially the NJS Keirin stuff. Luckily for me, nearly all the track frames for sale are way too small for me, so I don't have to deal with bidding temptation very often.
    opposite. Everything I drool over is too big
    Quote Originally Posted by dsh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fixedgear80 View Post
    once you go fixed.....
    ...you generally go back in like a year.
    http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e1...ig_mercier.jpg http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e1...ig_3rensho.jpg http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e1...ig_peugeot.jpg

  10. #10
    comin' in hot James1:17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Nashville bwo W. Texas
    My Bikes
    '97 Allez M2, '90 Trek 1400, 80's Univega Alpina Sport
    Posts
    696
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by palladio View Post
    So James 1:17 did you buy it, or are you just calling my bluff?

    I knew the bid would probably go higher, and I wanted it, but I can't justify paying more than $700 for a frame I have to ride in NYC and lock up on the sidewalk. At some point, it becomes a living room display object at not a daily rider.

    At least I take comfort in bringing the seller an extra $200 with my last minute Hail Mary pass. And as James once said,
    "Every good and perfect gift is from above".....
    oh no bud, i was just being smart. i thought the whole cheeoach = poker face was a pretty cool bit of info when i read it a while back...i don't blame you not wanting to budget bust on a daily rider. i just finished a specialized geared build that i don't wanna lock up anywhere, but will be forced to because it's really just a race-inspired commuter...and my only bike. good luck though on your search.
    smooth and fast?

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    346
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James1:17 View Post
    oh no bud, i was just being smart. i thought the whole cheeoach = poker face was a pretty cool bit of info when i read it a while back...i don't blame you not wanting to budget bust on a daily rider. i just finished a specialized geared build that i don't wanna lock up anywhere, but will be forced to because it's really just a race-inspired commuter...and my only bike. good luck though on your search.
    Got it. I have one super nice bike I spent a year building up.....and I hardly ever ride it. My daily beater gets all the miles and I enjoy it more. The real pleasure is in the riding, not the bike!

  12. #12
    Guitar Master Crappymonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Parkdale, Toronto
    Posts
    716
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBikeRollsOn View Post
    Some guys from the Harmony Central Amps forums made this cover


  13. #13
    Nü-Fred ichitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    My Bikes
    Torelli Tipo Uno (stolen), Peugeot Nice, Mercier Kilo TT
    Posts
    1,517
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^^ LOL! that's so awesome!

    another:
    Quote Originally Posted by dsh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fixedgear80 View Post
    once you go fixed.....
    ...you generally go back in like a year.
    http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e1...ig_mercier.jpg http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e1...ig_3rensho.jpg http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e1...ig_peugeot.jpg

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •