Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 50
  1. #1
    Senior Member illdthedj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Modesto, Ca
    My Bikes
    klein quantum, litespeed tuscany, bianchi pista concept, centurion comp ta, centurion super le mans, traitor ringleader
    Posts
    2,280
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    New, Lugged, Steel, track frame with chrome/diff color lugs?





    soooo i have been throwing around the idea of eventually swapping out my frame, and i really happen to like both the lugged leader and soma van ness for many reasons, but lol...the main reason i hate to admit is the pretty silver lugs.

    obviously there are those two, and i have found an image of a black one with silver lugs on the maxway website, but im not sure where that specific frame could be bought....

    just curious, what other companies are making lugged steel frames with silver (or diff. color) lugs? preferably in the below $800 area, because im sure its easy to get whatever lugs you want if you go the custom route but it would cost a ton....
    "Never argue with an idiot. He'll only bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience..."

  2. #2
    Veteran Mother****er Scrodzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    My Bikes
    EAI Bare Knuckle / Leader 725 / 1975 Raleigh Professional Track
    Posts
    23,343
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Leader FTW (but I bet you knew I'd say that ).

    Polished stainless steel lugs? Check! Sexy dropouts w/ built in chain tensioners? Check! Chilled-out, road friendly geo? Check! Wallet-friendly price? Check!

    The only drawback for some is that it's not drilled for brakes.
    Last edited by Scrodzilla; 10-19-10 at 11:53 AM.

  3. #3
    Senior Member illdthedj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Modesto, Ca
    My Bikes
    klein quantum, litespeed tuscany, bianchi pista concept, centurion comp ta, centurion super le mans, traitor ringleader
    Posts
    2,280
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh the leader is definitely at the top of my list.
    when you say not drilled for brakes, is that referring to the fork or having no brake bridge or both?

    btw ive heard you talk about maxway frames before. do they pretty much only make frames for other companies or do they sell their own maxway branded frames?
    "Never argue with an idiot. He'll only bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience..."

  4. #4
    My name is Alex Lilcphoto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    PDX
    My Bikes
    Mercier Kilo TT Stripper in RAW, Schwinn Madison 2008 Blue, Leader 725tr, Brassknuckle, Leader 722, Traitor Ruben
    Posts
    1,701
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have a Dremel you could always try removing the paint from a fully painted lugged frame... Don't know if it would work exactly, but in theory it seems like it should.

  5. #5
    Veteran Mother****er Scrodzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    My Bikes
    EAI Bare Knuckle / Leader 725 / 1975 Raleigh Professional Track
    Posts
    23,343
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    As seen here (damn...this is a pretty bike), there is a brake bridge but it's not drilled:



    As far as Maxway goes, I'm not sure if you can buy one (at least in the US) that hasn't been rebranded. You could always try contacting them directly.

    http://www.maxway.com.tw/contact_us.php

  6. #6
    Veteran Mother****er Scrodzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    My Bikes
    EAI Bare Knuckle / Leader 725 / 1975 Raleigh Professional Track
    Posts
    23,343
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilcphoto View Post
    If you have a Dremel you could always try removing the paint from a fully painted lugged frame... Don't know if it would work exactly, but in theory it seems like it should.

  7. #7
    Comanche Racing PedallingATX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Deep in the heart of Texas
    My Bikes
    Presto NJS build, Specialized Allez Pro w/ full Dura Ace and Ksyrium SLs, 1990something Specialized Sirrus
    Posts
    2,822
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bob Jackson Vigorelli
    skinnytire

  8. #8
    Veteran Mother****er Scrodzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    My Bikes
    EAI Bare Knuckle / Leader 725 / 1975 Raleigh Professional Track
    Posts
    23,343
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The Vigorelli is a nice frame but does it have chrome or different-colored lugs?

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    332
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrodzilla View Post
    Leader FTW (but I bet you knew I'd say that ).

    Polished stainless steel lugs? Check! Sexy dropouts w/ built in chain tensioners? Check! Chilled-out, road friendly geo? Check! Wallet-friendly price? Check!

    The only drawback for some is that it's not drilled for brakes.
    The other downside is it's 1" Headtube/Steerer. But I suppose it's not too much of a downside, it can just make it difficult if you need something in a pinch.

  10. #10
    K2ProFlex baby! ilikebikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    My response would have been something along the lines of: "Does your bike have computer controlled suspension? Then shut your piehole, this baby is from the future!"
    My Bikes
    to many to list
    Posts
    6,083
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by leed View Post
    The other downside is it's 1" Headtube/Steerer. But I suppose it's not too much of a downside, it can just make it difficult if you need something in a pinch.

    $499.00 here.

    http://www.leaderbikestore.com/pd-ld...rack-frame.cfm
    Last edited by ilikebikes; 10-19-10 at 02:21 PM.
    You see, their morals, their code...it's a bad joke, dropped at the first sign of trouble. They're only as good as the world allows them to be. I'll show you. When the chips are down, these...These "civilized" people...they'll eat each other. See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve

  11. #11
    * adriano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Baltimore
    My Bikes
    http://velospace.org/node/18951
    Posts
    6,889
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrodzilla View Post
    As seen here (damn...this is a pretty bike), there is a brake bridge but it's not drilled:



    As far as Maxway goes, I'm not sure if you can buy one (at least in the US) that hasn't been rebranded. You could always try contacting them directly.

    http://www.maxway.com.tw/contact_us.php
    its really not, but that seems like a long fork.

  12. #12
    K2ProFlex baby! ilikebikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    My response would have been something along the lines of: "Does your bike have computer controlled suspension? Then shut your piehole, this baby is from the future!"
    My Bikes
    to many to list
    Posts
    6,083
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrodzilla View Post
    As seen here (damn...this is a pretty bike), there is a brake bridge but it's not drilled:



    As far as Maxway goes, I'm not sure if you can buy one (at least in the US) that hasn't been rebranded. You could always try contacting them directly.

    http://www.maxway.com.tw/contact_us.php

    TI'm going to have to agree with Scrod, thats one sexy ***** right there! (the bike not Scrod)
    You see, their morals, their code...it's a bad joke, dropped at the first sign of trouble. They're only as good as the world allows them to be. I'll show you. When the chips are down, these...These "civilized" people...they'll eat each other. See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve

  13. #13
    Comanche Racing PedallingATX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Deep in the heart of Texas
    My Bikes
    Presto NJS build, Specialized Allez Pro w/ full Dura Ace and Ksyrium SLs, 1990something Specialized Sirrus
    Posts
    2,822
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrodzilla View Post
    The Vigorelli is a nice frame but does it have chrome or different-colored lugs?


    riding a ghost bike is bad form.
    skinnytire

  14. #14
    Fueled by Tigers Blood avner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Echo Park, California
    Posts
    1,498
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    e-mailed maxway regarding their lugged steel track frame. I'll let you know if I hear anything. I think it looks exactly the same as Leaders. Too bad the leader only comes in white with 1 inch head tube.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leukybear View Post
    Genius.
    Quote Originally Posted by xkillemallx16 View Post
    Save your dignity and go back to hopping curbs on your langster.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdgesus View Post
    only thing cars are good for is hitting me

  15. #15
    K2ProFlex baby! ilikebikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    My response would have been something along the lines of: "Does your bike have computer controlled suspension? Then shut your piehole, this baby is from the future!"
    My Bikes
    to many to list
    Posts
    6,083
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by avner View Post
    e-mailed maxway regarding their lugged steel track frame. I'll let you know if I hear anything. I think it looks exactly the same as Leaders. Too bad the leader only comes in white with 1 inch head tube.
    I never owned a FG/SS with a 1 inch head tube so I like it.
    You see, their morals, their code...it's a bad joke, dropped at the first sign of trouble. They're only as good as the world allows them to be. I'll show you. When the chips are down, these...These "civilized" people...they'll eat each other. See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    332
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ilikebikes View Post
    The issue was not the availability of the frame, but of parts for it. A lot of stores (locally anyways) don't carry a whole bunch for 1" threadless, if at all. So say your headset goes bust, and you need one, you're pretty much SOL as far as getting something from a local store the moment you need it. Granted, chances of needing a headset ASAP are slim to none, but in the chance it happens, it would be irritating at that particular point in time.

    At the same time, however, if your local store does have 1" threadless parts (spacers, stems, random little things like this) it's possible they'll let it go for dirt cheap just to get rid of it since it's been sitting for so long.

  17. #17
    Fueled by Tigers Blood avner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Echo Park, California
    Posts
    1,498
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ilikebikes View Post
    I never owned a FG/SS with a 1 inch head tube so I like it.
    I realized something. I don't like things to be any more difficult then they have to be. So If I can avoid an odd sizing on my bike i'll be all the happier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leukybear View Post
    Genius.
    Quote Originally Posted by xkillemallx16 View Post
    Save your dignity and go back to hopping curbs on your langster.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdgesus View Post
    only thing cars are good for is hitting me

  18. #18
    manonthemoon Triple8Sol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    My Bikes
    Current custom builds: FG=KHS Flite 100 DH=Transition Blindside FR=Transition Bottlerocket
    Posts
    750
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PedallingATX View Post
    Bob Jackson Vigorelli
    This.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  19. #19
    Senior Member Philasteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    955
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scrod is my mother.

  20. #20
    Veteran Mother****er Scrodzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    My Bikes
    EAI Bare Knuckle / Leader 725 / 1975 Raleigh Professional Track
    Posts
    23,343
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Philasteve View Post
    Scrod is my mother.
    What???

  21. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    im, hungary
    Posts
    1,984
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    which makes vixtor your father.

    just kidding of course.

  22. #22
    GONE~
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    6,745
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm filing a divorce.


  23. #23
    Veteran Mother****er Scrodzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    My Bikes
    EAI Bare Knuckle / Leader 725 / 1975 Raleigh Professional Track
    Posts
    23,343
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    But who will get custody?

  24. #24
    GONE~
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    6,745
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    I knew you'd make that your sig.

    You can have him, I don't want no stinkin, frame ruinin, spray paintin kid.

  25. #25
    K2ProFlex baby! ilikebikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    My response would have been something along the lines of: "Does your bike have computer controlled suspension? Then shut your piehole, this baby is from the future!"
    My Bikes
    to many to list
    Posts
    6,083
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by leed View Post
    The issue was not the availability of the frame, but of parts for it. A lot of stores (locally anyways) don't carry a whole bunch for 1" threadless, if at all. So say your headset goes bust, and you need one, you're pretty much SOL as far as getting something from a local store the moment you need it. Granted, chances of needing a headset ASAP are slim to none, but in the chance it happens, it would be irritating at that particular point in time.

    At the same time, however, if your local store does have 1" threadless parts (spacers, stems, random little things like this) it's possible they'll let it go for dirt cheap just to get rid of it since it's been sitting for so long.

    So you save the **** you may need before you need it, I have enough 1 inch stems and headsets to last me a life time, along with 27 1-1/4 inch tires. also, I don't think they're that hard to find. http://www.google.com/search?q=1+inc...4d6326654cadfa

    http://www.google.com/search?q=1+inc...4d6326654cadfa

    just be sure to buy more than one of each. ;0)
    Last edited by ilikebikes; 10-19-10 at 08:12 PM.
    You see, their morals, their code...it's a bad joke, dropped at the first sign of trouble. They're only as good as the world allows them to be. I'll show you. When the chips are down, these...These "civilized" people...they'll eat each other. See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •