i would have gone with more classic box wheels on the masi but it looks good! heres mine:
Deep rim, machined sidewall, no brake.
Edit: Now has SR Laprade seatpost:
But a lighter rim would probably have been a better choice, for actually riding.
nasty crash. More than happy to promote Tim's shop.
- The MKS Sylvans wreck my shoes. Must get GR-9s.
- The bars are slightly tweaked on one side and need replacing (mechanic checked the frame for my insurance claim, but didn't check the bars, d'oh).
- Wish the frame didn't have braze-ons for cables and a frame pump.
- Seatpost clamp and headset should be silver - but I can't bring myself to spend money to replace perfectly functional bits for aesthetics alone.
- Would like to add a half-link and take out a link from the chain, to pull the rear wheel in closer.
- Replacement fork (from a Surly) is slightly longer than stock, which gives it more relaxed geometry and huge clearances (and has lawyer lips just to annoy me if I ever get a flat).
What bars are those?
Oh man, I reckon i've got you all licked by a country mile
Behold my new winter beater! a christmas gift from an...um....generous friend.
Last edited by Kol.klink; 01-03-11 at 09:29 PM.
I tried using toe clips like that without the straps. They didn't seem to do much.
Why "derailer" is the correct way to spell the gear-change mechanism: sheldonbrown.com/derailer.html
Indecent saddle to bar drop.
Yeah nothing about the gutter pipe makes sense. Ostensibly it would be to protect the seat tube from getting dinged when locking up, but:
A) Any frame which you would be willing to put gutter tubing over, is not worth protecting.
B) Any frame worth protecting, you would not be willing to put gutter tubing over it.
the turd looking top tube protector is actually some very classy louis vitton ascents ( i might throw up a another pic later)
and the lack of toe straps is to make getting my clunky ass winter boots in and out of the cages possible, they don't do much but they're better than nothing, i was actually thinking about getting some powerstraps or those things scrod sells.
she's not fancy but she get's be to class everyday, i've got an old geipeime /campy gardin for when i wanto look cool at the coffeee shop.
Last edited by Kol.klink; 01-04-11 at 10:27 AM.
Ignore the haters, it's smexy.
What does a gutter pipe on the seat tube have to do with fenders? It certainly won't do anything to save your back from the mud and muck, which is the purpose of a rear fender.
I mean, I think your bike is awesome because it doesn't make sense. But don't try to claim it makes sense.