Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Singlespeed & Fixed Gear (http://www.bikeforums.net/singlespeed-fixed-gear/)
-   -   The New Mercier Kilo TT Pictures Thread (2011 & 2012) (http://www.bikeforums.net/singlespeed-fixed-gear/721781-new-mercier-kilo-tt-pictures-thread-2011-2012-a.html)

intothev0id 04-23-14 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bro (Post 16693256)
super nice. what gearing on there?

48x16.

bro 04-24-14 06:40 AM

i bet you can haul some serious ass on that thing, and it looks comfy.

Fear Before 04-24-14 09:51 PM

Has anyone ordered a Kilo TT Stripper and got gold parts? On the site it says it may or may not come with gold parts, but I haven't seen one yet.

akeagle90 04-27-14 04:44 PM

Been lurking the fixed gear forums for a while but I finally got a Kilo TT. Can anyone explain how to hook up the brake? All the videos I find have a different type of brake.

AristoNYC 04-27-14 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akeagle90 (Post 16707119)
Been lurking the fixed gear forums for a while but I finally got a Kilo TT. Can anyone explain how to hook up the brake? All the videos I find have a different type of brake.

How To Change Your Road Brake Calipers And Set Up Your Brakes - YouTube

Its pretty straight forward. No offense, but if you can't do it based on the video I linked then you should bring it to a shop for assembly to make sure its safe to ride. Best of luck.

akeagle90 04-27-14 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AristoNYC (Post 16707254)
How To Change Your Road Brake Calipers And Set Up Your Brakes - YouTube

Its pretty straight forward. No offense, but if you can't do it based on the video I linked then you should bring it to a shop for assembly to make sure its safe to ride. Best of luck.

None taken I'm really bad with this kind of thing. Video helped a lot though I'll give it another go and I think I should be able to get it. Thanks for your help.

Ajcsk8r 05-11-14 08:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=379781




Here is my my new "BLUE CHROME"

Completely stock right now 48/16 fixed
Just ordered some pedals/cages/straps from
Retrogression (along with the Black flag shirt and
Some stickers)

I know my affliction and will probably be swapping
Seat/bars/wheels/tires sooner then later, just have to
Decide which direction I want to go?

Hope you enjoy......my hands around the BARS!!

Hyperbole 05-12-14 05:05 AM

Posting my 3 week old 53cm Kilo. She is replacing my stolen '06 Raleigh Rush hour.

http://i.imgur.com/A6kmHlil.jpg

Replaced the pedals and saddle right away with Soma pedals, cages and straps and Sella Italia Turbo saddle.

Fear Before 05-12-14 11:03 AM

On BD it says, "Order now to lock in the current sale price and selection. The price may be up to $100 more later this year". Is this some kind of sales scheme to get people to order right away or is there a reason they might increase the price later this year? Just wondering.

pelotudo 05-12-14 02:26 PM

Can anyone point me in the direction of the Mercier tire/picture thread? I came across it randomly but can't seem to find it now, looking for suggestions for new tires/size.

Hyperbole 05-12-14 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fear Before (Post 16751357)
On BD it says, "Order now to lock in the current sale price and selection. The price may be up to $100 more later this year". Is this some kind of sales scheme to get people to order right away or is there a reason they might increase the price later this year? Just wondering.

This must be new. I didn't notice it when I bought my bike a few weeks ago.

Fear Before 05-12-14 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hyperbole (Post 16752490)
This must be new. I didn't notice it when I bought my bike a few weeks ago.

Looks like it's just on the stripper model.

Fear Before 05-12-14 07:30 PM

I decided to finally order one and after using the fit guide I can't decide between the 53cm and the 55cm. It looks like I'm in between the two sizes if I'm reading that right? I just wanted to make sure before I submit my order.

My measurements:
Actual Inseam: 33 In
Trunk: 25 In
Forearm: 14.5 In
Arm: 26 In
Thigh: 24 In
Lower Leg: 22.5 In
Sternal Notch: 66 In
Total Height: 70 In

Eddy fit:
Top Tube Length 56.2 - 56.6 Cm
Seat Tube Range CC 55.5 - 56 Cm
Seat Tube Range CT 57.2 - 57.7 Cm
Stem Length 10.1 - 10.7 Cm
BB Saddle Position 76 - 78 Cm
Saddle Handlebar 55.1 - 55.7 Cm
Saddle Setback 5.6 - 6 Cm
Seatpost Type Setback

Competitive fit:
Top Tube Length 56.2 - 56.6 Cm
Seat Tube Range CC 54.3 - 54.8 Cm
Seat Tube Range CT 56 - 56.5 Cm
Stem Length 11.2 - 11.8 Cm
BB Saddle Position 76.8 - 78.8 Cm
Saddle Handlebar 54.3 - 54.9 Cm
Saddle Setback 4.4 - 4.8 Cm
Seatpost Type Not Setback

French fit:
Top Tube Length 57.4 - 57.8 Cm
Seat Tube Range CC 57.2 - 57.7 Cm
Seat Tube Range CT 58.9 - 59.4 Cm
Stem Length 10.3 - 10.9 Cm
BB Saddle Position 74.3 - 76.3 Cm
Saddle Handlebar 56.8 - 57.4 Cm
Saddle Setback 5.1 - 5.5 Cm
Seatpost Type Setback

triumph.man 05-13-14 03:02 PM

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j3...psnoj366bu.jpg

AristoNYC 05-13-14 06:56 PM

added a new fork, stem, handlebars to the gross looking bike. As usual I double wrapped the handlebar tape so its nice a thick. My large hands hate normal bars.
here is the outcome:
http://www.pedalroom.com/p/mercier-k...ro-13928_9.jpg

Shakenbake158 05-16-14 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AristoNYC (Post 16756483)
added a new fork, stem, handlebars to the gross looking bike. As usual I double wrapped the handlebar tape so its nice a thick. My large hands hate normal bars.
here is the outcome:
http://www.pedalroom.com/p/mercier-k...ro-13928_9.jpg

Wow, love what you've done with it. You don't happen to have a parts list, do you?

AristoNYC 05-16-14 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shakenbake158 (Post 16765162)
Wow, love what you've done with it. You don't happen to have a parts list, do you?

Thank you.
You can find the components listed here: Mercier Kilo TT Pro - Pedal Room

dark30 05-20-14 04:31 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Ready for Summer 2014http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=381669http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=381670http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=381671

jackss731 05-22-14 09:22 PM

Finished my wheels! :)
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...psbff55072.jpg

Pinkbullet3 05-23-14 09:36 AM

http://i.imgur.com/OQzpb9o.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/0yiRXIA.jpg

My ghetto TT protector made of electrical tape.

evilcryalotmore 05-23-14 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triumph.man (Post 16755813)


http://www.pedalroom.com/p/dark-gree...lo-7754_30.jpg

I aproove! :thumb:

Huge Zits 05-24-14 12:18 AM

Man, I really want one of these to replace my sluggish beater bike, but I can't find a used one in my size around these parts.

btwnthemtns 05-25-14 03:48 PM

Alright guys, I'm looking for some guidance. I picked up a Mercier Kilo TT for cheap, but due to my location, Vermont, it is certainly not practical to be riding around a fixie in this mountainous state. Here's my question, and excuse my lack of bike-knowledge, can I convert this bike to one that has multiple speeds? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

cobrabyte 05-25-14 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pinkbullet3 (Post 16784902)
.

is the frame sprayed with pickup truck bedliner?

cobrabyte 05-25-14 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by btwnthemtns (Post 16790746)
Alright guys, I'm looking for some guidance. I picked up a Mercier Kilo TT for cheap, but due to my location, Vermont, it is certainly not practical to be riding around a fixie in this mountainous state. Here's my question, and excuse my lack of bike-knowledge, can I convert this bike to one that has multiple speeds? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

MUCH easier to sell it and buy a geared bike


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:47 AM.