How often do they restock the strippers at BD?
A few quick questions about my TT Pro (which I'll post soon):
- It came with two small, horizontal brake mounted near the stem (don't know actual term). I'm only using a front brake, so I removed the right brake lever, but underneath is raw metal. So from the stem to the brake is painted black, then the brake, then "electrical tape", and finally the bar tape. Should I just cover the unfinished gap with my own electrical tape?
- In terms of mounting the brake cable, any tips? Not sure how to make it look good when the cable feeds out of the lever away from the stem.
- There are a few screws in the frame that have no real purpose (like for a bottle mount), so should I remove them? The steel crew doesnt match the grey frame.
2) Don't know what you mean as there is no real routing in this cable and the housing is very short for the front brake. See attached photo of my Leader, which is a similar situation.
3) You can replace those screws with black M5 button head screws from your friendly local hardware store. Or, you can mount a water bottle cage and carry a water bottle so you don't die of dehydration during an epic ride.
i hate the chainring and am thinking of using this only on the velodrome, so if so i'd probably want a nicer, bigger ring. but as is it's 46/15 and plenty tough enough for me, and i think i'm done upgrading, especially for looks.
I knew Scrod would post a snarky pic or gif as soon as I read what cc700 wrote. Lol.
Upgrading is just as bad as it was with cars for me. The upgrade bug is a disease that cannot be cured. I'm buying parts for my bike, and I can't even ride it for 6~8 weeks. Hahaha
Anyone know if it's possible to remove the decals from the TT or must I buy the stripper?
Alright, just checking. I'm ordering a black magic stripper once I get paid.
Just got my gold stripper a few days ago and went on a few short rides. First long ride tonight and back tire gets a flat. this sucks.
Stock kilo tires are known for being crap, definitely get some new ones.
Pinch flats alllllll day on the stock kilo tires.
My Kilo TT as it currently stands. It's been great.
It's a bar end lever I'm assuming....
My Kilo (stripper in Raw metal)
I wanted it to look like a modern version of some bikes from the early 1900s.