Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Senior Member SSbalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Baltimore MD
    Posts
    240
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Sizing Question...

    I'm 5'10 and my inseam(measured against a wall with a tape measure) is a bit north of 29''.

    What size frame would be appropriate for me on an entry level SS/fixie road bike?(Kilo, Moto Track, windsor Hour, etc)

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Senior Member vw addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East coast
    My Bikes
    Specialized Tarmac Expert, Cannondale R700, Specialized Langster, Iron Horse Hollowpoint Team, Schwinn Homegrown
    Posts
    2,678
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why not try contacting Bikes direct and asking them? We are not their customer service dept.
    Quote Originally Posted by cc700 View Post
    there is a difference though because that extra weight will directly correlate with how many chicks huff your dongus.

  3. #3
    Veteran Racer TejanoTrackie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ciudad de Vacas, Tejas
    My Bikes
    28 frames + 73 wheels
    Posts
    7,169
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SSbalt View Post
    I'm 5'10 and my inseam(measured against a wall with a tape measure) is a bit north of 29''.
    Are you sure that is your inseam (crotch to floor in bare feet)? It seems very small for your height. I'm only 5'3" and my inseam is 28".
    What, Me Worry? - Alfred E. Neuman

    Quote Originally Posted by Dcv View Post
    I'd like to think i have as much money as brains.

  4. #4
    Senior Member LesterOfPuppets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, USA
    My Bikes
    My War
    Posts
    18,417
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Yep, that's a long torso, alright. Start shopping for 150mm stems unless you wanna sit up while riding.
    1980ish Free Spirit Sunbird fixed * 1996 Mongoose IBOC Zero-G * 1997 KHS Comp * 1990-ish Scapin * Olde Western Auto Cruiser.

  5. #5
    Senior Member SSbalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Baltimore MD
    Posts
    240
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TejanoTrackie View Post
    Are you sure that is your inseam (crotch to floor in bare feet)? It seems very small for your height. I'm only 5'3" and my inseam is 28".
    I know, I measured it like 10x to make sure. I'm barefoot and measuring in some ball-hugger sweatpants and I'm 29.5''

    I must be all torso, maybe thats why I suck at distance running.

    Size suggestions?

  6. #6
    u________u jessesv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    baltimore
    Posts
    138
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SSbalt View Post
    Size suggestions?
    you're probably somewhere in the 54cm-ish range, but...

    go to your LBS and have them help size a bike for you or grab a friend's bike and seeing what's comfortable. if you do it properly you'll end up with a much better fit and a much better ride.

  7. #7
    Veteran Racer TejanoTrackie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ciudad de Vacas, Tejas
    My Bikes
    28 frames + 73 wheels
    Posts
    7,169
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What you want is a frame that has a long top tube relative to the seat tube length. The Kilo TT is just the opposite with a very short top tube for any given seat tube length, so it's probably not a good choice for someone like you. For example, a Windsor Clockwork has a longer top tube and will better fit someone like you.
    What, Me Worry? - Alfred E. Neuman

    Quote Originally Posted by Dcv View Post
    I'd like to think i have as much money as brains.

  8. #8
    Senior Member SSbalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Baltimore MD
    Posts
    240
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TejanoTrackie View Post
    What you want is a frame that has a long top tube relative to the seat tube length. The Kilo TT is just the opposite with a very short top tube for any given seat tube length, so it's probably not a good choice for someone like you. For example, a Windsor Clockwork has a longer top tube and will better fit someone like you.
    Interesting, is "The Hour" the same geometry in regards to longer top tube? I guess I'll have to pick up a Clockwork or Hour in the 54cm range? Sounds about right to you folks?

  9. #9
    Veteran Racer TejanoTrackie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ciudad de Vacas, Tejas
    My Bikes
    28 frames + 73 wheels
    Posts
    7,169
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SSbalt View Post
    Interesting, is "The Hour" the same geometry in regards to longer top tube? I guess I'll have to pick up a Clockwork or Hour in the 54cm range? Sounds about right to you folks?
    All the frame geometry information is posted on the bd site >>> http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/trackbikes.htm
    What, Me Worry? - Alfred E. Neuman

    Quote Originally Posted by Dcv View Post
    I'd like to think i have as much money as brains.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •