Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 42
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    127
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    2009 Jamis Sputniks for $570 shipped!

    http://www.bicyclebananasstore.com/2...09_Sputnik.htm

    These have the reynolds 631 frame and carbon fork.

    Really good deal, IMO. Plus they offer good customer service and do a pro build and inspection before shipping...
    Last edited by godugr8; 05-18-11 at 03:03 PM.

  2. #2
    :)
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    duluth
    My Bikes
    '07 Pista, '09 Fantom Cross Uno, '8? Miyata, '67 Stingray, '0? Zoo mod trials, Tallbike, Chopper, '73 Schwinn Collegiate, '67 Triumph Chopper, '69 CB350, '58 BSA Spitfire, '73 CB450
    Posts
    3,392
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My BD bike isn't crappy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Santaria View Post
    because physics has more street cred than tarckstars.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    127
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    u mad?

  4. #4
    Veteran Racer TejanoTrackie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ciudad de Vacas, Tejas
    My Bikes
    28 frames + 73 wheels
    Posts
    7,572
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a stickied great deal / sale thread; no need to start a new thread. Also, no need to be a jerk, just post the facts.

    Edit: I see you posted in the deal / sale thread w/o the obnoxious commentary.

    I vote /thread.
    What, Me Worry? - Alfred E. Neuman

    Quote Originally Posted by Dcv View Post
    I'd like to think i have as much money as brains.

  5. #5
    Senior Member sjmartin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    236
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man, my BD bike sucks. Especially since it came with all dura-ace and deda out the box...

  6. #6
    Senior Member foofighter29er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    135
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what?! really? it came with deda?
    2010 Pinarello Dogma
    2011 Nashbar Steel Cross Bike
    My Ramblings

  7. #7
    Senior Member sjmartin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    236
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by foofighter29er View Post
    what?! really? it came with deda?
    Deda Metalstick Seatpost, Deda Quattro Stem and Deda Pista Track Bars.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    127
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    calm down guys. It's a good deal and from a reputable dealer who actually takes the time to inspect and build the bikes before shipping. So not only is it a better bike than anything you can find on BD at that price range, but it also has customer service to back it.

  9. #9
    Fueled by Tigers Blood avner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Echo Park, California
    Posts
    1,498
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I strongly support the Jamis Sputnik. I ****ing love mine. At the moment its with a good friend who currently doesn't have a bike and I miss it on the daily.
    Only reason its gone is because it's got toshi's on it, my other bike is clipless :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Leukybear View Post
    Genius.
    Quote Originally Posted by xkillemallx16 View Post
    Save your dignity and go back to hopping curbs on your langster.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdgesus View Post
    only thing cars are good for is hitting me

  10. #10
    Senior Member seventythree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    89
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    but the spunkits come from the bicyclebanana store!

    put a banana between your legs! wheee!

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    127
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seventythree View Post
    but the spunkits come from the bicyclebanana store!

    put a banana between your legs! wheee!
    What's a spunkit?

  12. #12
    Veteran Racer TejanoTrackie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ciudad de Vacas, Tejas
    My Bikes
    28 frames + 73 wheels
    Posts
    7,572
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We don't need to get into a bash bd thread. That's a good deal, period. No need to embelish. This is just trolling.

    /thread
    What, Me Worry? - Alfred E. Neuman

    Quote Originally Posted by Dcv View Post
    I'd like to think i have as much money as brains.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    127
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TejanoTrackie View Post
    We don't need to get into a bash bd thread. That's a good deal, period. No need to embelish. This is just trolling.

    /thread
    I'm really not trolling. I edited my OP. I think it's a no brainer that at that price it's better than anything you could find on BD at the same price point.

  14. #14
    Veteran Racer TejanoTrackie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ciudad de Vacas, Tejas
    My Bikes
    28 frames + 73 wheels
    Posts
    7,572
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We don't need you to do our thinking for us, or tell us what not to buy.

    /thread
    What, Me Worry? - Alfred E. Neuman

    Quote Originally Posted by Dcv View Post
    I'd like to think i have as much money as brains.

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    127
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TejanoTrackie View Post
    We don't need you to do our thinking for us, or tell us what not to buy.

    /thread
    Is that how it came across to you?

    I'll be sure to wear my little kiddy gloves when talking to you next time.

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    231
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been eyeing those as well. 2009 stock means they are 631 + the carbon fork.

    2010: 631 no carbon fork.
    2011: 520 no carbon fork.

    Jamis has slowly ruined the sputnik.

    Not sure if I wanna spring for it yet, as they have been sitting there at that price for a while.

  17. #17
    Senior Member sjmartin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    236
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by godugr8 View Post
    I'm really not trolling. I edited my OP. I think it's a no brainer that at that price it's better than anything you could find on BD at the same price point.
    No it's not. My bike I posted has better parts in every area and is CHEAPER than what you posted...

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    127
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by toosahn View Post
    I've been eyeing those as well. 2009 stock means they are 631 + the carbon fork.

    2010: 631 no carbon fork.
    2011: 520 no carbon fork.

    Jamis has slowly ruined the sputnik.

    Not sure if I wanna spring for it yet, as they have been sitting there at that price for a while.
    What I was told, is that Jamis made a butt load of these 2009 sputniks and that they have a HUGE overstock. This company orders them directly from Jamis as orders come in. So it's not like they are sitting on the floor or in the back of these stores. Some guy is doing the same thing on ebay only he's charging $799 plus shipping. Granted he's accepting best offer but he's not budging much on that price.

    It's a great deal an older but better model, imo. The new sputniks don't even compare.

  19. #19
    Senior Member sjmartin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    236
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by godugr8 View Post
    calm down guys. It's a good deal and from a reputable dealer who actually takes the time to inspect and build the bikes before shipping. So not only is it a better bike than anything you can find on BD at that price range, but it also has customer service to back it.
    I've had no issues with my BD bike and their customer service is amazing.

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    127
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sjmartin View Post
    No it's not. My bike I posted has better parts in every area and is CHEAPER than what you posted...
    How on earth is it cheaper? Your bike on BD cost at least $795 shipped. The sputnik is $570 shipped. Last time I checked 795-570 is 225. The sputnik has a better frame as well.

  21. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    231
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I might end up buying on if a few ebay auctions don't go the way I want 'em to. The Jamis tempts because of the better tubing and better geometry than my iro, BUT

    it doesn't look at sexy as my bike.

  22. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    127
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by toosahn View Post
    I might end up buying on if a few ebay auctions don't go the way I want 'em to. The Jamis tempts because of the better tubing and better geometry than my iro, BUT

    it doesn't look at sexy as my bike.
    I'd be proud to own either bike.

  23. #23
    Fueled by Tigers Blood avner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Echo Park, California
    Posts
    1,498
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by godugr8 View Post
    How on earth is it cheaper? Your bike on BD cost at least $795 shipped. The sputnik is $570 shipped. Last time I checked 795-570 is 225. The sputnik has a better frame as well.
    pretty sure your wheelset cost more then your bike new off BD....Just sayin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leukybear View Post
    Genius.
    Quote Originally Posted by xkillemallx16 View Post
    Save your dignity and go back to hopping curbs on your langster.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdgesus View Post
    only thing cars are good for is hitting me

  24. #24
    Senior Member sjmartin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    236
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by avner View Post
    pretty sure your wheelset cost more then your bike new off BD....Just sayin.

  25. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    127
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by avner View Post
    pretty sure your wheelset cost more then your bike new off BD....Just sayin.
    I think you meant to quote the other guy with the sweet motobecane tarck bike that's decked out in dura ace and deda.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •