I have a question/advice about assembling a fixed bike (more probably at first a single speed one to start up).
I’d do this using a Steamroller frame.
I have built various bike in the past but I’m a road bike king of guy, talk to me about Ultegra, Mavic wheels and other things.. I can handle that, but I’m a little bit lost in the single speed world.
Here is the list of part I’m looking at, I’d like to know if they make sense to build a SS from a Steamroller and if not what would be a better option. It will be used for comuting, and I need a rather reliable setup, my comute is 40km (25 mi)/day with a rather steep climb during 7 km (1/3 of the road) :
- Wheeset Miche Xpress
- Crank Miche Primato Advanced (one o the reason is that it is available with 175 arm, and I use 175 arms on my road bike, most of other offers are shorter.. I’m a tall guy)
- Bottom bracket Shimano un54 (68-107) or Miche Primato, preferably the Shimano one, as I have the tools for it
- Pig Aheadset FSA
- Shimano Freewheel
- Chain KMC Z510 HX (I don’y know this chain, I use Ultegra chains on my roadbikes, but a lot ot "of the shelves" fixed bikes seems to be fitted with this one
- Surly Tuggnut Chain Tensioner
1) Does all this make sense ?
2) what are the difficulties I have to be prepared for ?
Thanks in advance