Replacing my front brakes
I just recently purchased a Micargi RD-269 fixie bike to commute at college.
It came with brakes already installed to the front wheel,
I feel that the brakes aren't strong enough.
It also requires a lot of strength pressing the brake lever to slowly brake.
In the end,
my hands end up hurting from all the tight squeezes just to stop my bike.
Thus I wish to replace the brakes on my fixie.
Since this is my first bike I've ever owned,
how would I go about this?
- Do any type of brakes work for a fixie?
(ie: mountain bike brakes on a fixie, ect.)
- Is there a specific size or requirement for certain bikes?
Or are all bike brakes generally "one size fits all"
(similar to question above)
- Suggestions on certain brake brands, (ect.) that I should get.
(I've did some research and brake brands such as Tektros are good, ect.)
- Just any general advice/help about changing the brakes on the bike. (what I should get, do, ect.)
What I wish to get out of this is brakes that are:
- Pretty sensitive to my pressing
- Brakes easily
- COMFORTABLE brake lever
Thanks for all your help.