Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 158 of 169 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160168 ... LastLast
Results 3,926 to 3,950 of 4206
  1. #3926
    Veteran Racer TejanoTrackie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ciudad de Vacas, Tejas
    My Bikes
    28 frames + 73 wheels
    Posts
    7,189
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mukman View Post
    Should I cave and buy a road bike so I can ride with any of the bike groups in my city?

    Or can I pimp out my fixed gear to make it easier to keep up?
    Pimping out your FG bike won't change the laws of physics.
    What, Me Worry? - Alfred E. Neuman

    Quote Originally Posted by Dcv View Post
    I'd like to think i have as much money as brains.

  2. #3927
    THE STUFFED Leukybear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    My Bikes
    CBR11di2
    Posts
    9,757
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mukman View Post
    Should I cave and buy a road bike so I can ride with any of the bike groups in my city?

    Or can I pimp out my fixed gear to make it easier to keep up?
    Road bike.

  3. #3928
    Veteran Mother****er Scrodzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    My Bikes
    EAI Bare Knuckle / Leader 725 / 1975 Raleigh Professional Track
    Posts
    23,364
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TejanoTrackie View Post
    Pimping out your FG bike won't change the laws of physics.

  4. #3929
        Pinkbullet3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    940
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Went looking for the 'Ask Scrod' thread to ask this question and noticed it was closed back in July...

    But anyway I was looking to replace my drivetrain (just the Kilo TT's stock cog, chainring, and chain) this coming Spring and was thinking about the following:


    Does anyone have any additional 130BCD chainring recommendations? I found a Sugino chainring as well as the Sugino Messenger, but I'd rather not pay more than $50 for the chainring. Thanks a bunch!
    Last edited by Pinkbullet3; 12-31-13 at 02:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Upilu View Post
    are you idiot???

  5. #3930
    cheese connoisseur Mumonkan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    3,747
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    used road rings from ebay should be a lot cheaper than $50

    also that chain should cost you no more than $10, its 8 @ RG
    ride bikes, eat food. the circle of life.

  6. #3931
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    should i go with some red tires?
    can i get away with just the rear?

  7. #3932
    Senior Member GENESTARWIND's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    las vegas
    My Bikes
    pake rum runner
    Posts
    1,400
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldnt do red tires, red accent or two, maybe tape? the black tires look good.
    http://www.pedalroom.com/bike/pake-rum-runner-14226

  8. #3933
    Senior Member GENESTARWIND's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    las vegas
    My Bikes
    pake rum runner
    Posts
    1,400
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should i black andel fluted cranks or factor fives f5 lattice crankset in black?
    im leaning towards the f5's because they look so close to my shimano 600ex cranks...and that chainring!

    http://www.velosolo.co.uk/andelwring.html
    http://wearefactoryfive.com/drivetrain-1/f5-lattice-crankset.html

    If you look on my pedal room, you can see im running silver cranks and they look out of place i think.
    Last edited by GENESTARWIND; 12-31-13 at 02:42 AM.
    http://www.pedalroom.com/bike/pake-rum-runner-14226

  9. #3934
    Senior Member Huffandstuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Portland, OR
    My Bikes
    Kilo TT - Leader 735 - Trek 820
    Posts
    782
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkbullet3 View Post
    Went for the 'Ask Scrod' thread to ask this question and noticed it was closed back in July...

    But anyway I was looking to replace my drivetrain (just the Kilo TT's stock cog, chainring, and chain) this coming Spring and was thinking about the following:


    Does anyone have any additional 130BCD chainring recommendations? I found a Sugino chainring as well as the Sugino Messenger, but I'd rather not pay more than $50 for the chainring. Thanks a bunch!
    Stock Kilo TT was 144bcd I thought? Did they change it recently or something?

    I'd also go with a 1/8th chainring if you can since I've found that 3/32 are a little more prone to be noisy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mumonkan View Post
    also that chain should cost you no more than $10, its 8 @ RG
    I think he got the Chain prices and cog prices flipped around, no way an Allcity cog is 8 dollars.

  10. #3935
    THE STUFFED Leukybear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    My Bikes
    CBR11di2
    Posts
    9,757
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by crinale View Post


    should i go with some red tires?
    can i get away with just the rear?
    Was your 725 originally silver or black?
    Matching tire colors. Colored tires are overrated and tacky looking BTW.

  11. #3936
    Magnets, how do they work solipsist716's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Buffalo
    Posts
    1,303
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by crinale View Post


    should i go with some red tires?
    can i get away with just the rear?
    Id worry about putting straps on my toe clips first.
    Quote Originally Posted by cianm View Post
    How do i tweak my brakes so it will be good for skidding?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixty Fiver View Post
    As Minchin said, praying before a sporting event and winning does not mean that god took time out from torturing and killing babies in Africa to ensure your team's win.

  12. #3937
        Pinkbullet3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    940
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mumonkan View Post
    used road rings from ebay should be a lot cheaper than $50

    also that chain should cost you no more than $10, its 8 @ RG
    Ah yeah you're right, typo up there for both the cog and the chain. >.<

    Quote Originally Posted by Huffandstuff View Post
    Stock Kilo TT was 144bcd I thought? Did they change it recently or something?

    I'd also go with a 1/8th chainring if you can since I've found that 3/32 are a little more prone to be noisy.


    I think he got the Chain prices and cog prices flipped around, no way an Allcity cog is 8 dollars.
    Looks like the regular Kilo TTs are 144BCD and the Strippers are 130BCD (here's my Stripper for reference).
    Last edited by Pinkbullet3; 12-31-13 at 02:56 PM.

  13. #3938
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i feel like another splash of colour, to tie the bike together. i had red zafiro's on my last bike, on white wheels, and i liked it a lot.
    i'm not a big fan of grayscale bikes n' things

  14. #3939
    THE STUFFED Leukybear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    My Bikes
    CBR11di2
    Posts
    9,757
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by crinale View Post
    i feel like another splash of colour, to tie the bike together. i had red zafiro's on my last bike, on white wheels, and i liked it a lot.
    i'm not a big fan of grayscale bikes n' things
    Tan sidewalls.

  15. #3940
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    NJ
    My Bikes
    Windsor Hour, Marukin Road Frame
    Posts
    37
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which Nitto Bar should I buy for use on a track bike (for actual track cycling);

    B123
    B125
    ADB-X

    price new for these are fairly close to each other so it is negligible.

  16. #3941
    derpin'
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Illinois
    My Bikes
    CAAD10, Cinelli Vigorelli
    Posts
    308
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    should I... build up a steel CX/all rounder a la a Rychtarski? We have a lot of trails and a cx scene that my current stable would have a difficult time tackling.

    For a while i thought about parting out my caad10... but then i remembered n+1..

    seems like a nice frame at a decent price, for a custom at least... i am not opposed to comparable suggestions
    Last edited by sheepdog84; 01-07-14 at 12:29 PM.
    http://www.pedalroom.com/members/sheepdog84

  17. #3942
    Bike Nerd
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Chinatown, NYC
    My Bikes
    '12 Felt F1X, '11 Raleigh RX 1.0, '10 Cannondale Capo
    Posts
    132
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdog84 View Post
    should I... build up a steel CX/all rounder a la a Rychtarski? We have a lot of trails and a cx scene that my current stable would have a difficult time tackling.
    Should you make your 3rd bike a CX? Absolutely yes. Should you go nuts on a custom frame? Hell no. You don't even know how much trail riding you'll be doing. Buy something cheap and used to see if you're into it. Once you've spent a season tackling your local trails you'll be in a better position to know what you want in terms of an upgrade (frame material, geometry, disc/rim brakes etc).

    You could buy a frame, move your parts from the CAAD10 over for a few months then make the call on building something up. OR Another option would be to go the all-rounder route and move the parts from your CAAD10 to a CX frame with a lower BB. You'll gain 1-2lbs but you wouldn't need another bike (want, maybe, but not need).

  18. #3943
    Senior Member Kayce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St Louis
    Posts
    1,834
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dro.pru View Post
    Which Nitto Bar should I buy for use on a track bike (for actual track cycling);

    B123
    B125
    ADB-X

    price new for these are fairly close to each other so it is negligible.
    Where are you finding adb-x for $70?

    Of the 123 and 125, get the 125s. Look at every olymic/world/national champion. They are all using a flat stem and shallow drops. There is a reason for that.
    If You Meet The Buddha On The Road, Kill Him

  19. #3944
    Senior Member spRICE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Davis, CA
    My Bikes
    Kilo TT / 88 Club Fuji
    Posts
    305
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayce View Post
    Where are you finding adb-x for $70?

    Of the 123 and 125, get the 125s. Look at every olymic/world/national champion. They are all using a flat stem and shallow drops. There is a reason for that.
    The B125AA and B123AA are similarly priced to (but still cheaper than) the ADB-X. Maybe he is talking about those.

  20. #3945
    Bike Nerd
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Chinatown, NYC
    My Bikes
    '12 Felt F1X, '11 Raleigh RX 1.0, '10 Cannondale Capo
    Posts
    132
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got two sweet frames but room for only one in the stable. Should I sell the Klein Q-Carbon or the Felt F1X?


    My other two bikes are commuters: a Raleigh RX1.0 / Cannondale Capo. The Klein would go to a friend of mine who has been eyeing it since day one, the Felt would go on CL. In either case I wouldn't be losing any money.

  21. #3946
    Senior Member Germany_chris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Southern Germany
    Posts
    600
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thermalattorney View Post
    I've got two sweet frames but room for only one in the stable. Should I sell the Klein Q-Carbon or the Felt F1X?


    My other two bikes are commuters: a Raleigh RX1.0 / Cannondale Capo. The Klein would go to a friend of mine who has been eyeing it since day one, the Felt would go on CL. In either case I wouldn't be losing any money.
    The Klein is post Trek, and the Felt is generic Asian. If it'll make your friend happy to have the Klein it's sell/give it to them the good karma will be worth the loss of the pretty paint.
    I'm an angry angst ridden anarcho-punk socialist you should just generally disregard my posts--Germany_chris

  22. #3947
    Local 1212 @work's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    NYC
    My Bikes
    Moser Track, Colnago Dream Track, Merckx Roadie and Rossin Bar Bike
    Posts
    235
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thermalattorney View Post
    I've got two sweet frames but room for only one in the stable. Should I sell the Klein Q-Carbon or the Felt F1X?


    My other two bikes are commuters: a Raleigh RX1.0 / Cannondale Capo. The Klein would go to a friend of mine who has been eyeing it since day one, the Felt would go on CL. In either case I wouldn't be losing any money.
    Keep the Klein, you might end up regretting later on that ya got rid of it. But if it goes to your friend at least you kept it in the family.

  23. #3948
    Senior Member spRICE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Davis, CA
    My Bikes
    Kilo TT / 88 Club Fuji
    Posts
    305
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thermalattorney View Post
    I've got two sweet frames but room for only one in the stable. Should I sell the Klein Q-Carbon or the Felt F1X?


    My other two bikes are commuters: a Raleigh RX1.0 / Cannondale Capo. The Klein would go to a friend of mine who has been eyeing it since day one, the Felt would go on CL. In either case I wouldn't be losing any money.
    Whenever I'm in this situation I ask myself: "Which one do I use more often?".

  24. #3949
    Bike Nerd
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Chinatown, NYC
    My Bikes
    '12 Felt F1X, '11 Raleigh RX 1.0, '10 Cannondale Capo
    Posts
    132
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spRICE View Post
    Whenever I'm in this situation I ask myself: "Which one do I use more often?".
    I know this is all kinda silly anyway, but I really appreciate everyone's $.02.

    In this case they're both vying for the same slot: road bike. The Klein is the latest in a string of frames that I've had those parts on. Over the summer a complete Raleigh RX1.0 fell into my lap and I found that I really enjoyed taking on what limited rough terrain the NY area has to offer (Highbridge Park, Old Croton Aqueduct). This is what put the idea of a "do-everything" road bike in my head.

  25. #3950
    Morton Nagrom_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    East Bay
    My Bikes
    Kilo TT, CAAD10
    Posts
    9,582
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm down to one bike. Need a commuter, maybe a trail bike too.

    Budget ~400, but you all know me.

    Brain storm!


    Rando? C'muter?
    Quote Originally Posted by seau grateau View Post
    No offense but you're an idiot.
    PedalRoom

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •