Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Singlespeed & Fixed Gear (http://www.bikeforums.net/singlespeed-fixed-gear/)
-   -   What are you drinking? (http://www.bikeforums.net/singlespeed-fixed-gear/769119-what-you-drinking.html)

jimmytango 09-20-11 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sillygolem (Post 13251147)
In a cutting phase, so I'm holding off on booze 'till I see a few friends about three weeks from now - Gotta get COOL ABZ to go with my COOL LEGS. :)

Missouri makes great wine, and one of the local liquor stores sells several varieties for $5 a pop. My favorite right now is probably St. James Cherry Wine because it tastes awesome, but since people automatically associate fruit wines with Boone's Farm, they don't touch it.

Did you know that Augusta Missouri was actually the first recognized apellation (wine making region) in America? Some very good/very underrated wines come out of the Midwest.

KBlas 09-20-11 09:25 PM

For beer I really like Triangle Brewery's Redheaded Blonde, alas I'm in Monterey now so I have to deal with (eech) Sierra Nevada.

For real drinks I prefer either a good Gin and Tonic or a Whiskey Sour.

Street rider 09-20-11 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmytango (Post 13251209)
Did you know that Augusta Missouri was actually the first recognized apellation (wine making region) in America? Some very good/very underrated wines come out of the Midwest.

If you can get ahold of it, check out Grand Traverse wines. They make some good stuff, and they're right here in MI.

Dean7 09-20-11 10:06 PM

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/1075/10784

yott 09-20-11 10:27 PM

just gonna leave this right here....

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...9_433650_n.jpg

yummygooey 09-20-11 10:56 PM

Just had a Pale Moon. Blegh.

BigglyPuff 09-21-11 12:03 AM

Yott,

Is it good? Where'd you get it from? I'm in L.A. too. I only check out Whole Foods and Bevmo, not really low key spots there.

hairnet 09-21-11 12:22 AM

OPTIMATOR

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_FRI8NZ068s...terminator.jpg

yott 09-21-11 12:42 AM

it was damn good from what i remember. i got it back home in sd from an awesome liquor store that sells a wide variety of beer.

misskaz 09-21-11 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yummygooey (Post 13255872)
Just had a Pale Moon. Blegh.

Stay away from that Blue Moon etc. stuff. It's not really that good. They are owned by Coors. There are better versions of every kind of beer that they make.

You're in Illinois, try Half Acre or Metropolitan or 5 Rabbit or ****ing Three Floyds (Indiana, but close enough), man!

ianjk 09-21-11 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yott (Post 13255819)
just gonna leave this right here....

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...9_433650_n.jpg

LMAO.

Drink a lot of PBR and Lienenkugels while out sailing (no glass on the boat).

At the bar:

Bells Two Hearted
Surly Furious
Summit Pale Ale
New Belg. Ranger
Bells Hopslam (in season)
PBR (with splash of OJ if I go out for breakfast on the weekend)
New Glarus Spotted Cow
and whatever my friends have brewed up and have on tap.

Honorable mention swill beers:

Hams
Olympia
Old Style
Black Label

Doohickie 09-21-11 09:43 AM

http://cdn.jarretmorrow.com/wordpres...fat-chocol.jpg

jdgesus 09-21-11 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yott (Post 13255819)
just gonna leave this right here....

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...9_433650_n.jpg

i gave this one a solid "C" score

Cynikal 09-21-11 11:43 AM

Last night, 1 Pliney the Elder and 2 Alagash Blacks. Good night.

yummygooey 09-21-11 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misskaz (Post 13257206)
Stay away from that Blue Moon etc. stuff. It's not really that good. They are owned by Coors. There are better versions of every kind of beer that they make.

You're in Illinois, try Half Acre or Metropolitan or 5 Rabbit or ****ing Three Floyds (Indiana, but close enough), man!

I liked Blue Moon, not so much their Pumpkin or their Pale. Have you had 312 or Two Brothers? Two Brothers is brewed the next town over from my home town.

I also had a TA last year that is the master brewer for a local brewery down here (and is back at school to get his PhD because he feels like it... pretty cool). I gotta get over there and have a flight of their seasonal flavors.

sillygolem 09-21-11 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmytango (Post 13251209)
Did you know that Augusta Missouri was actually the first recognized apellation (wine making region) in America? Some very good/very underrated wines come out of the Midwest.

Yes. Mount Pleasant makes some fantastic port there. The Katy Trail runs by there, and there's a wine trail which all but advertises itself as "ride your bike to the vineyards so you don't get a DWI." There's also St. Genevieve on the Mississippi that makes awesome plum wine around Christmas.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PluperfectArson (Post 13251150)
Cutting? As we're approaching fall? BULK ALL THE TIME NONSTOP, QUIT BEING A GIANT VAGINA

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...pg?w=500&h=373

yummygooey 09-21-11 07:24 PM

Had a Leinenkugel Oktoberfest with a burger today... mainly got it cuz it came with a mug I could take home.

Is there anything similar to the Leinenkugel but better? Tryna develop my beer palette.

jdgesus 09-21-11 08:01 PM

BURGER AS PALETTE CLEANSER (my plans in about 10min)

xavier853 09-21-11 08:17 PM

http://whosisbrew.com/wp-content/upl...2/DSC_2079.jpg

excellent

RGNY 09-21-11 08:19 PM

an Argentinian Malbec.

made pasta carbonara and felt like some wine.

max5480 09-21-11 08:47 PM

stolichnaya

jimmytango 09-22-11 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yummygooey (Post 13258305)
I liked Blue Moon, not so much their Pumpkin or their Pale. Have you had 312 or Two Brothers? Two Brothers is brewed the next town over from my home town.

I also had a TA last year that is the master brewer for a local brewery down here (and is back at school to get his PhD because he feels like it... pretty cool). I gotta get over there and have a flight of their seasonal flavors.

312 is complete horsepiss, as are most things that come out of Goose Island. They haven't actually been considered a "craft" brewery for years, because they had corporate backing, though they won't say who from. Earlier this year they actually sold to MillerCoors, and everything has gone downhill.

Two Brothers is good. Three Floyds is my favorite brewery ever. I used to be in a band with their pub's Chef and Sous Chef and we'd be drinking growlers of all their stuff at practice. Dude came to my wedding with 5 bottles of Dark Lord. Amazing...

yummygooey 09-22-11 06:40 AM

Noted. Will check them out (and not 312).

misskaz 09-22-11 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmytango (Post 13261186)
312 is complete horsepiss, as are most things that come out of Goose Island. They haven't actually been considered a "craft" brewery for years, because they had corporate backing, though they won't say who from. Earlier this year they actually sold to MillerCoors, and everything has gone downhill.

Two Brothers is good. Three Floyds is my favorite brewery ever. I used to be in a band with their pub's Chef and Sous Chef and we'd be drinking growlers of all their stuff at practice. Dude came to my wedding with 5 bottles of Dark Lord. Amazing...

Actually, Goose Island was bought by Anheuser Busch (InBev). It's a shame, their specialty brews were actually quite good - stuff like Matilda and Pere Jacques - although I agree their more common beers like 312 and Honkers are bleh.

My favorites are Three Floyds and Half Acre. Half Acre does some really amazing collaborations and stuff. I'm bummed I missed out on Sticky Fat although I'm going to a beer/food pairing at Uncommon Ground next week and they're supposed to have it.

jdgesus 09-22-11 10:48 AM

yeah, RIP GOOSE ISLAND


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:03 PM.