Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 239 of 374 FirstFirst ... 139189229237238239240241249289339 ... LastLast
Results 5,951 to 5,975 of 9349

Thread: Ask Scrod

  1. #5951
    . xavier853's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Columbus
    My Bikes
    Pegueot UO8, Tommaso Augusta
    Posts
    2,027
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have any experience with the Velocity Fusion rim? And if so, what do you think of it?

  2. #5952
    Blaster of Reality Scrodzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    24,625
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Angie was using Fusions a while back that I built.

    I think they're awesome. Deep V looks without the weight.

  3. #5953
    . xavier853's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Columbus
    My Bikes
    Pegueot UO8, Tommaso Augusta
    Posts
    2,027
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrodzilla View Post
    Angie was using Fusions a while back that I built.

    I think they're awesome. Deep V looks without the weight.
    Exactly my thoughts. I want something lighter, but still can take a beating from my city riding. Thanks

  4. #5954
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    LA/OC
    My Bikes
    kilo tt pro
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    looking to pick up a kilo tt off local CL soon, trying to make sure i buy a size that fits... here's my measurements:

    measurements.jpg

    looking at the TT range, it's putting me on a 53.5-53.9 top tube which falls between the 50 and 53 mktt; would i be too cramped on a size 50 frame vs a 53? will be riding with horns or risers, mostly for casual riding

  5. #5955
    cheese connoisseur Mumonkan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    4,103
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    is the bb on the s300 the same as on the omniums? if not is it as problematic as the omnium one?
    ride bikes, eat food. the circle of life.

  6. #5956
    Blaster of Reality Scrodzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    24,625
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by asdff View Post
    looking to pick up a kilo tt off local CL soon, trying to make sure i buy a size that fits... here's my measurements:

    measurements.jpg

    looking at the TT range, it's putting me on a 53.5-53.9 top tube which falls between the 50 and 53 mktt; would i be too cramped on a size 50 frame vs a 53? will be riding with horns or risers, mostly for casual riding

  7. #5957
    Senior Member Dixie Gentleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dirty Souf
    My Bikes
    Vigorelli
    Posts
    234
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im in love with this..




    anything you recommend similar to this? Not willing to pay the $600 or so i saw them listed for.

  8. #5958
    Blaster of Reality Scrodzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    24,625
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mumonkan View Post
    is the bb on the s300 the same as on the omniums? if not is it as problematic as the omnium one?
    The cups are shaped a little bit differently and the ones that come with the S300 are black instead of gray. I haven't heard one single report of BB troubles when it comes to the S300, which leads me to believe they are different.

    When Angie swapped out her S300s for Omniums, she kept the S300 BB.

  9. #5959
    Blaster of Reality Scrodzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    24,625
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie Gentleman View Post
    im in love with this..




    anything you recommend similar to this? Not willing to pay the $600 or so i saw them listed for.
    I don't know, man. I think the Phil crank is butt-ugly. The $600 price tag makes them even uglier.

  10. #5960
    Senior Member Dixie Gentleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dirty Souf
    My Bikes
    Vigorelli
    Posts
    234
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well then..


    what would you suggest for an all black crankset?

  11. #5961
    Blaster of Reality Scrodzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    24,625
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

  12. #5962
    . xavier853's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Columbus
    My Bikes
    Pegueot UO8, Tommaso Augusta
    Posts
    2,027
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Miche has a black crankset too? for a cheaper option

  13. #5963
    Senior Member Dixie Gentleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dirty Souf
    My Bikes
    Vigorelli
    Posts
    234
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah i saw those or the sram omnium.

  14. #5964
    Blaster of Reality Scrodzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    24,625
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Is your only requirement that it's all black? A lot of other factors should be considered when picking a crankset.

  15. #5965
    Senior Member Dixie Gentleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dirty Souf
    My Bikes
    Vigorelli
    Posts
    234
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no but I want the one I chose to be all black

  16. #5966
    cheese connoisseur Mumonkan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    4,103
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrodzilla View Post
    The cups are shaped a little bit differently and the ones that come with the S300 are black instead of gray. I haven't heard one single report of BB troubles when it comes to the S300, which leads me to believe they are different.

    When Angie swapped out her S300s for Omniums, she kept the S300 BB.
    ride bikes, eat food. the circle of life.

  17. #5967
    Senior Member NateRod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    1,682
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those Phil cranks just look like Sugino 75 ripoffs with a fugly chairing and a ridiculous price tag. I'd just go with the 75s.

  18. #5968
    Blaster of Reality Scrodzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    24,625
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The back of the crank arms are also exceptionally hideous:


  19. #5969
    Old fart JohnDThompson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Appleton WI
    My Bikes
    Several, mostly not name brands.
    Posts
    13,112
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie Gentleman View Post
    no but I want the one I chose to be all black
    I like a little contrast, myself:


  20. #5970
    Magnets, how do they work solipsist716's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Buffalo
    Posts
    1,304
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrodzilla View Post
    The cups are shaped a little bit differently and the ones that come with the S300 are black instead of gray. I haven't heard one single report of BB troubles when it comes to the S300, which leads me to believe they are different.

    When Angie swapped out her S300s for Omniums, she kept the S300 BB.
    Mine got a bit noisy FWIW. Nothing enough to bum me out on it though.
    Quote Originally Posted by cianm View Post
    How do i tweak my brakes so it will be good for skidding?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixty Fiver View Post
    As Minchin said, praying before a sporting event and winning does not mean that god took time out from torturing and killing babies in Africa to ensure your team's win.

  21. #5971
    PLUR jacobrsp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    My Bikes
    Peugeut Orient Express, Schwinn Le Tour IV, Specialized Rock Hopper
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so im thinking of converting either a Peugeot orient express or schwinn le tour iv to a single speed, and later on a fixie. which bike do u think i can go with? assuming they fit the same, if one ends up fitting significantly better I'm just going to use that one...,

  22. #5972
    Blaster of Reality Scrodzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    24,625
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jacobrsp View Post
    so im thinking of converting either a Peugeot orient express or schwinn le tour iv to a single speed, and later on a fixie. which bike do u think i can go with? assuming they fit the same, if one ends up fitting significantly better I'm just going to use that one...,
    I have no idea which one you'll like better and you already posted a thread (complete with a poll) about this.

  23. #5973
    cheese connoisseur Mumonkan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    4,103
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i had a question to ask, but when i got here i couldnt remember what it was.

    ride bikes, eat food. the circle of life.

  24. #5974
    I am the Muffin Man Muffin Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    My Bikes
    CAAD10
    Posts
    2,215
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good talk
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnytheboy
    I've done more ridiculous things than ride 55mi for poon.

  25. #5975
    Senior Member Dixie Gentleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dirty Souf
    My Bikes
    Vigorelli
    Posts
    234
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    narrowed it down between the S300 and the omnium.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •