Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Dear Bay Area

  1. #1
    Ths Hipstr Kills Masheenz cc700's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    seattle
    My Bikes
    tirove
    Posts
    8,544
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Dear Bay Area

    I have been in you.

    You are awesome. Paradise loop is super beautiful and like a very very cool mercer island loop but longer more varied and with better vistas.

    SSCXWC2011 was amazing and tons of fun and that course was beatiful, but I didn't really appreciate it until i went to the Rapha Cycle Club and saw the photos of american cyclocross pro championships being held in that park back in 1975. The stupid loggiers and cess pool were hell but I really did love that race and it was one of the best courses I've ever ridden.

    I climbed the clairemont route to orinda over the ridge between berkeley and east bay/contra costa and ****, that was beautiful.

    I did this all on my sscx all city nature bike and while I am super impressed with that bike, it just brought every inch i covered this week alive under me. I have a career and all of that big-boy stuff now, but don't be surprised if I try to move in you.

  2. #2
    yoked homebrewk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    St. Louis
    My Bikes
    Cannondale CAAD10, Trek Earl, Schwinn Gateway
    Posts
    3,696
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok.

  3. #3
    Fresh Garbage hairnet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    10,741
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you dirty
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrodzilla View Post
    I'd rather ride a greasy bowling ball than one of those things.
    Bikerowave
    My Bikes

  4. #4
    yoked homebrewk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    St. Louis
    My Bikes
    Cannondale CAAD10, Trek Earl, Schwinn Gateway
    Posts
    3,696
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    troof.

  5. #5
    Painfully average. calv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oakland/Davis, CA
    My Bikes
    all city mr pink
    Posts
    2,536
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do it!
    Quote Originally Posted by ThisJauntyGent View Post
    The stories about the smell are absolutely true: straight elephant dick.
    All City Mr Pink

  6. #6
    Warning:Annoying to jerks RaleighSport's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    STS
    My Bikes
    Leader 725, Centurion Turbo, Raleigh Team Technium, Schwinn Premis, GT Tequesta, Bridgestone CB-2
    Posts
    5,723
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if you really do get a hair up your ass to move here you should let me know first, seen some bikes on your CL we could use here
    “Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”


    ― Ralph Waldo Emerson, Emerson in His Journals

  7. #7
    Senior Member Sherblock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Northern California
    My Bikes
    I have a biek
    Posts
    1,668
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your welcome!

  8. #8
    Cat 5 Mod Jandro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    3,059
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cc700 View Post
    I have been in you.

    You are awesome. Paradise loop is super beautiful and like a very very cool mercer island loop but longer more varied and with better vistas.

    SSCXWC2011 was amazing and tons of fun and that course was beatiful, but I didn't really appreciate it until i went to the Rapha Cycle Club and saw the photos of american cyclocross pro championships being held in that park back in 1975. The stupid loggiers and cess pool were hell but I really did love that race and it was one of the best courses I've ever ridden.

    I climbed the clairemont route to orinda over the ridge between berkeley and east bay/contra costa and ****, that was beautiful.

    I did this all on my sscx all city nature bike and while I am super impressed with that bike, it just brought every inch i covered this week alive under me. I have a career and all of that big-boy stuff now, but don't be surprised if I try to move in you.
    DO IT.

    Seriously, I love living here so much is absurd. Speaking of the Rapha club, I just went on a ride with those dudes. Went to Point Reyes (starts out like the Paradise loop but just keeps going North into the headlands instead of turing east towards Tiburon) and it was a BEAUTIFUL ride. Just think you could do that just about every weekend. Jussayin

    Plus we have great food.

    /resident Mission hipster roadie
    Attack in the feeling because it says I'll win absolutely.

  9. #9
    I am the Muffin Man Muffin Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    My Bikes
    CAAD10 , Leader 722
    Posts
    2,071
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jandro View Post
    DO IT.

    Seriously, I love living here so much is absurd. Speaking of the Rapha club, I just went on a ride with those dudes. Went to Point Reyes (starts out like the Paradise loop but just keeps going North into the headlands instead of turing east towards Tiburon) and it was a BEAUTIFUL ride. Just think you could do that just about every weekend. Jussayin

    Plus we have great food.

    /resident Mission hipster roadie
    You're the guy with the cervelo arent you... :l /jealous
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnytheboy
    I've done more ridiculous things than ride 55mi for poon.

  10. #10
    Cat 5 Mod Jandro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    3,059
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by muffin man View Post
    You're the guy with the cervelo arent you... :l /jealous
    Yes. Were you there this morning?!
    Attack in the feeling because it says I'll win absolutely.

  11. #11
    i smell bacon yummygooey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    My Bikes
    GT Edge Ti, Spooky Skeletor, Soma Grand Randonneur, TET Track, Trek 6500 MTB
    Posts
    5,597
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You better stay in Seattle at least through next summer so you can come ride some Seattle with jdgesus, zoltani and me!!
    // yummygooey

  12. #12
    I am the Muffin Man Muffin Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    My Bikes
    CAAD10 , Leader 722
    Posts
    2,071
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jandro View Post
    Yes. Were you there this morning?!
    nah. I was over by shoreline by myself. I just remember you posting in the road forum. I liked your bike.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnytheboy
    I've done more ridiculous things than ride 55mi for poon.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    125
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That post makes me miss my hometown!

  14. #14
    Brown Bear, Sqrl Hunter Jaytron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    My Bikes
    CAAD 10 4, Dolan DF4, Fuji Track Classic
    Posts
    4,292
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes and yes.
    PedalRoom

    Hey I just met you,
    and this is crazy,
    but here's my Strava,
    follow me maybe.

  15. #15
    Banned.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    on the moon
    My Bikes
    Cinelli Mash
    Posts
    2,022
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the invite

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •