Whats the point of a surley pugsley? I dont get why anyone would need tires that wide...
its badass, dont debate it.
overpriced and pretty pointless
its for loose sand... like beaches and deserts
At $1,500 it's pretty ridiculous to buy a bike for just sand or snow. Also, it's not SSFG so it's probably better to start this up in the general, commuter, or mtb subforums.
such a cool bike for the trails. Monster traction and cush ride
or you can get a dirtbike for that price
"what's the point of _____. i don't get why anyone would need ____"
10% of the people on this forum actually NEED their bike(s), the other 90% just WANT their bike. (not that they don't need A bike, just don't need whatever badass track/road/DH/etc bike they ride)
because it's fun, it's badass, and i always want one more bike than i have. that's why.
"Science has proven that if you have one flat on your bike, you will have another one, sooner or later. This is the reason that you should always buy a new bike when you get a flat." Mr Grumpy
"If you can look at a Pug/Moonlander and not want to immediately go play on it, you must have no joy in your heart." misskaz
"It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand."
Zoltani gets the point across quite nicely.
That's like asking... "Why do 29ers exist?"
Because road tires are too skinny!!
DUH! DOUBLE DOWN!
If you've ever been wallowing through soft snow, struggling to hold your line and spinning along at 4 mph on flat level trail, and had someone on a fat tired bike cruise blissfully by riding on top of what you're sinking into, you'd understand.
There's a growing number of singletrack mountain bikers who ride them here. They pack out the summer trails with snowshoes, then ride; some people just refuse to learn to ski.
135 miles, January, Northern MN. On my list of toys that I really want.