Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 87
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    296
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Every Jr High kid in my city is riding a fixie now

    It seemed to happen overnight. A few months ago, i'd only see older urban hipster types riding a fixie. Then i'd see younger guys riding them, and i'd see more riding them. Today I drove by my local junior high as school was getting out and every single kid riding a bike was riding a fixie.

    They killed it.

  2. #2
    Morton Nagrom_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    East Bay
    My Bikes
    Kilo TT, CAAD10
    Posts
    9,587
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Couple years too late, my friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by seau grateau View Post
    No offense but you're an idiot.
    PedalRoom

  3. #3
    Senior Member gigantor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    947
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get a bike with gears and brakes. It is the new thing. Then you can say you are an enabler, an originator.
    "I wanted to test his might" -Jaytron
    "Dark Stella" - FM015 | Purple bike with no name

  4. #4
    I fear angry birds Santaria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Recalculating
    My Bikes
    2013 Salsa Vaya
    Posts
    2,153
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Counter-act this by only having you and your friends ride Di-equipped carbon race bikes!
    THE DEVIL

    Originally Posted by Scrodzilla
    If that was my house and you put your stupid bike in my flower garden to take a picture, I would come outside in my underwear and light you on fire.

  5. #5
    Brown Bear, Sqrl Hunter Jaytron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    My Bikes
    CAAD 10 4, Dolan DF4, Fuji Track Classic
    Posts
    4,218
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bikes are so over bro
    PedalRoom

    Hey I just met you,
    and this is crazy,
    but here's my Strava,
    follow me maybe.

  6. #6
    Veteran Mother****er Scrodzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    My Bikes
    EAI Bare Knuckle / Leader 725 / 1975 Raleigh Professional Track
    Posts
    23,400
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

  7. #7
    Brown Bear, Sqrl Hunter Jaytron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    My Bikes
    CAAD 10 4, Dolan DF4, Fuji Track Classic
    Posts
    4,218
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrodzilla View Post

    Damn it, this damn gif makes me lose it every time.
    PedalRoom

    Hey I just met you,
    and this is crazy,
    but here's my Strava,
    follow me maybe.

  8. #8
    Morton Nagrom_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    East Bay
    My Bikes
    Kilo TT, CAAD10
    Posts
    9,587
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaytron View Post
    Damn it, this damn gif makes me lose it every time.
    My last 2 cats, and current, look exactly like that.

    Also just as stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by seau grateau View Post
    No offense but you're an idiot.
    PedalRoom

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    200
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagrom_ View Post
    My last 2 cats, and current, look exactly like that.

    Also just as stupid.
    siamese? I had lynx points growing up. The boy thought he could walk on water. geeze, i miss them

  10. #10
    Ths Hipstr Kills Masheenz cc700's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    seattle
    My Bikes
    tirove
    Posts
    8,534
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    in tears. had not seen that particular catgap.

    gawd that is funny.

  11. #11
    Senior Member RGNY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Utica,NY,USA
    Posts
    1,526
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    silleh kitteh.


    still can't decide whether i'm lucky or not that there's only two other fixed riders in town (not that there's much bike culture to begin with), a bike shop mechanic that occasionally rides a Pake he built and some college kid on a conversion.

  12. #12
    THE STUFFED Leukybear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    My Bikes
    CBR11di2
    Posts
    9,759
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Someone is the jelly.

  13. #13
    Senior Member Stezzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    124
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    all the junior high kids be stylin' on me foo. deep rims and colored spokes man i wish i had a sw8 fixay lyke dem.

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    49
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great for the kids, and great for cycling. You guys are hipsters, you realize that.

  15. #15
    Veteran Mother****er Scrodzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    My Bikes
    EAI Bare Knuckle / Leader 725 / 1975 Raleigh Professional Track
    Posts
    23,400
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    OMG! I am? I am! Thank you and WTF!

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,830
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm fortunate (Ha!) to live in an area which lags only slightly behind the cutting edge. I knew the trend was on its way out several years ago when I started seeing "tweens" on FGs with cowhorns, neon deep-vs, and no brakes.

    Judging by what I see where the bike path goes under the overpass, the new trend is making methamphetamine with cold medicine and two liter soda bottles. So you guys might want to get on board while it's still hot - for all you know, the next fad might involve getting a job and a car.

  17. #17
    Senior Member rafiki530's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Davis, CA
    My Bikes
    Leader 722ts
    Posts
    71
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are everywhere

  18. #18
    Senior Member gigantor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    947
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "I wanted to test his might" -Jaytron
    "Dark Stella" - FM015 | Purple bike with no name

  19. #19
    I fear angry birds Santaria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Recalculating
    My Bikes
    2013 Salsa Vaya
    Posts
    2,153
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Six jours View Post
    I'm fortunate (Ha!) to live in an area which lags only slightly behind the cutting edge. I knew the trend was on its way out several years ago when I started seeing "tweens" on FGs with cowhorns, neon deep-vs, and no brakes.

    Judging by what I see where the bike path goes under the overpass, the new trend is making methamphetamine with cold medicine and two liter soda bottles. So you guys might want to get on board while it's still hot - for all you know, the next fad might involve getting a job and a car.
    Crap! I'm already ahead of the fad Should I start shaving my legs now?
    THE DEVIL

    Originally Posted by Scrodzilla
    If that was my house and you put your stupid bike in my flower garden to take a picture, I would come outside in my underwear and light you on fire.

  20. #20
    Fresh Garbage hairnet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    10,464
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by belacqua View Post
    Great for the kids, and great for cycling. You guys are hipsters, you realize that.
    hipster is such a relative word that it pretty much has no meaning. KTHNXBAI FU
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrodzilla View Post
    I'd rather ride a greasy bowling ball than one of those things.
    Bikerowave
    My Bikes

  21. #21
    Senior Member Spoonrobot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,177
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kids? RIDING BIKES?


  22. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,830
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Santaria View Post
    Crap! I'm already ahead of the fad Should I start shaving my legs now?
    Sorry for the late reply; I was seizing as a result of "gigantor's" post.

    In answer to your question, yes, you should shave your legs. As your meth habit progresses and you find prostitution increasingly necessary, shaved legs may help, at least with a particular type of client.

    Although it occurs to me that you may have been referring to the "job and car" deal. In which case my advice might not be totally appropriate.

  23. #23
    I fear angry birds Santaria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Recalculating
    My Bikes
    2013 Salsa Vaya
    Posts
    2,153
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Six jours View Post
    Sorry for the late reply; I was seizing as a result of "gigantor's" post.

    In answer to your question, yes, you should shave your legs. As your meth habit progresses and you find prostitution increasingly necessary, shaved legs may help, at least with a particular type of client.

    Although it occurs to me that you may have been referring to the "job and car" deal. In which case my advice might not be totally appropriate.
    For some reason, the only appropriate answer to this is simply, yes.
    THE DEVIL

    Originally Posted by Scrodzilla
    If that was my house and you put your stupid bike in my flower garden to take a picture, I would come outside in my underwear and light you on fire.

  24. #24
    You gonna eat that? Doohickie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas Church of Hopeful Uncertainty
    My Bikes
    1966 Raleigh DL-1 Tourist, 1973 Schwinn Varsity, 1983 Raleigh Marathon, 1994 Nishiki Sport XRS
    Posts
    13,797
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaytron View Post
    Damn it, this damn gif makes me lose it every time.
    Yeah, I was about to say the same.
    I stop for people / whose right of way I honor / but not for no one.



    Originally Posted by bragi "However, it's never a good idea to overgeneralize."

  25. #25
    Veteran Racer TejanoTrackie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ciudad de Vacas, Tejas
    My Bikes
    28 frames + 73 wheels
    Posts
    7,220
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    crackheadcat
    What, Me Worry? - Alfred E. Neuman

    Quote Originally Posted by Dcv View Post
    I'd like to think i have as much money as brains.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •