Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Look at these hotties. Brett 12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    573
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Dedicated Track frames

    I'm looking for a racey dedicated track frame (steep seat tube angle, etc). I saw a nice one from business cycles in all black.....$595 (nice steel one too)

    Who makes nice track frames out there?

    P.S. I'm looking into a SOMA also.

  2. #2
    Iguana Subsystem dolface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    san francisco
    Posts
    4,016
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    umm, that's a pretty wide net you're casting there, wanna get a little more specific?
    i.e. materials, style of riding you're gonna do, how much you mass, price range.
    otherwise we'll just point you at a japanese keirin frame and drool.

  3. #3
    Guest
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    3,242
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Customs are Richard Sachs,Vanilla, Johnny Cycles, Yamaguchi etc.

    S/F,
    CEYA!

  4. #4
    the way we get by skitbraviking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Wherever the f**k I feel it
    My Bikes
    Cinelli Supercorsa / Surly Karate Monkey
    Posts
    2,719
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DeBernardi
    Surly
    Gunnar
    Merxx
    and the list goes on

    google it

    open your eyes
    "I can't go on, I'll go on..." —S. Beckett

    "Ta det lungnt." —Dungen

    blah blah blah...

  5. #5
    Iguana Subsystem dolface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    san francisco
    Posts
    4,016
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  6. #6
    consistent inconsistency habitus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    seattle
    Posts
    789
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    go for the one from business cycles (the nessuno). if you don't like it, i'll take it off your hands.
    every scar has a story

  7. #7
    cxmagazine dot com pitboss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    WI
    My Bikes
    Titus road, Fort CX
    Posts
    8,270
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have ridden DeBernardi, Surly, Fuji, Merckx, and Indy Fab.
    So far, I really like my Debernardi best. Can't wait to try a Japanese-made track specific frame. Ganbarimasu!

    TIP - Brett 12, the "Search" button is a huge help in a broad search like this one. There are a HUGE number of threads in this forum covering this topic. You'll get a overwhelming number of responses in no time!
    Deathlap - cyclocross, training, beer,...escape hatch

  8. #8
    Look at these hotties. Brett 12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    573
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by habitus
    go for the one from business cycles (the nessuno). if you don't like it, i'll take it off your hands.
    Yeah the Nessuno looks awesome......very sleek and purposeful (that's the one I want so far). For some reason I don't think a converted road frame is gonna work that well (sloppy geometry on most road bikes), plus drop outs that are too wide etc.

  9. #9
    ya'll can't mush me vomitron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    san diego, ca
    Posts
    839
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett 12
    Yeah the Nessuno looks awesome......very sleek and purposeful (that's the one I want so far). For some reason I don't think a converted road frame is gonna work that well (sloppy geometry on most road bikes), plus drop outs that are too wide etc.
    An army of couriers and posengers with road conversions would disagree.

    But track frames are sweet.

  10. #10
    Guest
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    3,242
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [165]
    I have ridden DeBernardi, Surly, Fuji, Merckx, and Indy Fab.
    So far, I really like my Debernardi best. Can't wait to try a Japanese-made track specific frame. Ganbarimasu!

    TIP - Brett 12, the "Search" button is a huge help in a broad search like this one. There are a HUGE number of threads in this forum covering this topic. You'll get a overwhelming number of responses in no time!

    165 stated: Can't wait to try a Japanese-made track specific frame
    Don't worry you will

    S/F,
    CEYA!

  11. #11
    aka co-op commando infestedguy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    atlanta, ga.
    My Bikes
    surly steamroller, spicer track
    Posts
    183
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    as usual, i'll blow spicer cycles horn. but yeah, those nessuno frames are pretty sweet. wonder what the geometry is on them? john doesn't have it listed yet. spicer geometry, at least on the 56cm i ride, is 75 headtube and 75 seattube. with the track fork the headtube angle actually becomes closer to 76 degrees.
    turning the 0mph fallover into an artform

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •