Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > >

Singlespeed & Fixed Gear "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!"-- Henri Desgrange (31 January 1865 - 16 August 1940)

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-11-05, 11:54 PM   #1
icithecat
old codger
Thread Starter
 
icithecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Victoria B.C.
Bikes:
Posts: 1,124
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Guys it is time to get out and ride no matter what the weather

Lovey just came into the 'puter room to tell me that the entire weekend's TV shedule is nothing but 'chick movies' running the gamut from Meg Ryan to the Bronte sisters.
icithecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-05, 12:03 AM   #2
jeff williams
I couldn't car less.
 
jeff williams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Bikes: Ritchey P-series prototype, Diamondback, Nishiki Triathelon Pro.
Posts: 4,395
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You live in Vic, it was 8+ degrees and sunny.
What weather?
Do you generate your own micro-climate?
The oriental plum trees are getting blossoms...
Been perfect riding weather last 3 days to me.

Oh..you mean most everybody on the continent except us .
jeff williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-05, 12:22 AM   #3
icithecat
old codger
Thread Starter
 
icithecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Victoria B.C.
Bikes:
Posts: 1,124
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Sorry Jeff. I go into an orifice for a living. The only 'climate' I was aware of today was one of confusion and frustration. Ps. my camelias are in bloom.
icithecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-05, 12:24 AM   #4
Shiznaz
Gone, but not forgotten
 
Shiznaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Toronto
Bikes: spicer fixie, Haro BMX, cyclops track, Soma Double Cross, KHS Flite 100
Posts: 4,509
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I sure hope the weather in toronto stays cold and crappy, because then the St. Valentine's Day Massacre ice race will be super sweet. Anyways, I've been riding all winter, and I haven't missed a day because of the weather yet!
__________________
I'm biking across North America on the Internet!
http://thedoublecross.blogspot.com/
Shiznaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-05, 12:26 AM   #5
jeff williams
I couldn't car less.
 
jeff williams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Bikes: Ritchey P-series prototype, Diamondback, Nishiki Triathelon Pro.
Posts: 4,395
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Welcome the weekend -hope you get in a good ride tommorow.
jeff williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-05, 12:51 AM   #6
nocoins
Philly bike nerd
 
nocoins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Center City Philadelphia
Bikes: 2003 Fuji Track Bike,Pink Univega, Mixed part BMX, Early 70's Columbia Tandem, Orange and Cream Fixed gear Pursuit bike (Puig), random bikes made from spare parts
Posts: 575
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wait, who actually stopped riding due to the weather????

NEVER!!!
nocoins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-05, 01:15 AM   #7
andrew young
Senior Member
 
andrew young's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Minneapolis
Bikes: Trek road bike, schwinn fixed conversion
Posts: 505
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, I'll be honest.

I took a few days off 'cause some of the roads here had lots of ice spots. I do not like ice-skid-stops. And also I was not prepared to ride with the shoe issue being what it was. My bike shoes are somewhat thin and I could not wear really thick socks with them. So my usual 20+mile training rides were reduced to about 3 or 4 on death wind days. They seem to be over for now as it got up to 43 degrees here in the Twin Cities area. Suprised I didn't see that many bikes out today though.....
andrew young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-05, 01:32 AM   #8
VeganRider
Just Do It !
 
VeganRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: United States
Bikes: Litespeed Ti, Trek Carbon.
Posts: 852
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by icithecat
Lovey just came into the 'puter room to tell me that the entire weekend's TV shedule is nothing but 'chick movies' running the gamut from Meg Ryan to the Bronte sisters.
TV? Ewww. No thanks. Just got home from a ride with my dog through the metro parks at 2:00am lol. Went out to a bar tonight in inner city on my mountain bike cause of too much snow for my fixed gear; got kinda trashed. When I got home my dog was waiting on me cause he knew I left on the bike and was determined to talk me inot a bike ride. He bugs me till I give in, he even slams into me, gets rough till he gets his way, he just loves going out on the bike rides, hes sorta big. I dont care if the park is closed at 1:30 am, oh well, one night they chased us in their cop cars with lights flashin going down the path, fat slobs are too lazy to get out of theri piggie mobiles and chase us; I got away! lol. I know I rode like hell tonight cause my dog was beat when we go t home and it takes alot to whip him. Slid about 30 feet on an ice patch. Ever start sliding like that and just not care cause your loaded, kinda cool; well somehow I kept her up and kept going, we had a blast.

Last edited by VeganRider; 02-12-05 at 01:49 AM.
VeganRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-05, 02:21 AM   #9
icithecat
old codger
Thread Starter
 
icithecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Victoria B.C.
Bikes:
Posts: 1,124
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganRider
TV? Ewww. No thanks. Just got home from a ride with my dog through the metro parks at 2:00am lol. Went out to a bar tonight in inner city on my mountain bike cause of too much snow for my fixed gear; got kinda trashed. When I got home my dog was waiting on me cause he knew I left on the bike and was determined to talk me inot a bike ride. He bugs me till I give in, he even slams into me, gets rough till he gets his way, he just loves going out on the bike rides, hes sorta big. I dont care if the park is closed at 1:30 am, oh well, one night they chased us in their cop cars with lights flashin going down the path, fat slobs are too lazy to get out of theri piggie mobiles and chase us; I got away! lol. I know I rode like hell tonight cause my dog was beat when we go t home and it takes alot to whip him. Slid about 30 feet on an ice patch. Ever start sliding like that and just not care cause your loaded, kinda cool; well somehow I kept her up and kept going, we had a blast.
I am gad that you understand that alcohol is a vegan substance.
icithecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-05, 08:34 AM   #10
VeganRider
Just Do It !
 
VeganRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: United States
Bikes: Litespeed Ti, Trek Carbon.
Posts: 852
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by icithecat
I am gad that you understand that alcohol is a vegan substance.
Yes it is. This week was a long and complicated one and just had to get out; I don't make a habit of drinking. I read what I wrote last night while still being considerably loaded, OMG! . Oh well, too late now. Maybe the bike workout spared me a hangover, I feel very good this morning; well rested. A healthy intoxication? wishful thinking.

Last edited by VeganRider; 02-12-05 at 08:53 AM.
VeganRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-05, 11:16 AM   #11
keevohn
laterally compliant
 
keevohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: PGH
Bikes:
Posts: 728
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganRider
Just got home from a ride with my dog through the metro parks at 2:00am
Metroparks... Cleveland?
keevohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:33 AM.